Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll

CelCawdro

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. droid

And to add to this not just as a race but a class itself. Now I'm talking about a humanoid droid like HK or SCORPIO. I think a temendous and intrigueing story could be made around droids, probably more than any other race. Romance might be a little tricky though...

What still amazes me is that even after all the votes and posts on this topic and those like them Bioware are still holding back on Cathar and then will use Cathar to determine if new species will be added. I really wouldn't be suprised if they are using Cathar as a money grab, you must buy a species you dont want for us to think about adding a species you do want.

What still amazes me is that even after all the votes and posts on this topic and those like them Bioware are still holding back on Cathar and then will use Cathar to determine if new species will be added. I really wouldn't be suprised if they are using Cathar as a money grab, you must buy a species you dont want for us to think about adding a species you do want.

I've defended BioWare's choice of Cathar in no small part due to the theoretical ease of their implementation. I'm really confused as to what's holding them back. I can't keep defending the choice if they keep taking so bloody long.

The most interesting for me, they say that creation new spieces for game is cost a lot,but seriously how much?

P:S: maybe they should to create some kind of kickstarter for spieces:i_confused:

P:P:S: But if they do it will show how greedy they are:i_mad:

I will never understand why the voss are so popular. The Gormak are far more intresting

and yes for you spoiler folk I do know.

Voss, even moreso than Cathar, owe their popularity due to in-depth exposure in a game that (obviously) everyone here is familiar with - SW:TOR. They're a species with a BioWare stamp, so to speak. The same goes for Gormak, but they're much less relate-able given their status as antagonists and their less-than-pleasing appearance. But I digress: Voss are popular simply because they're a species that the less initiated among us are very familiar with.

Somehow I doubt that anything under 1.5 metres will be alowed, however it might be an idea to have creatures under that height to have say, a greater chance to dodge things and taller creatures to do more damage. But thats only if EA actually consider doing this.

That is all.

I actually posted quite a bit to that effect before species, or even classes, were announced. Crazy ideas such as Hutts having 1/3rd the regular humanoid attack speed, but 3x the weight behind individual blows. Just little flavour things like that. Personally, I prefer games in which species are given clear gameplay differences, and enjoy trying to make particular combinations work in interesting ways.

That being said, I do understand their reasoning for making species selection purely aesthetic. Min/maxers tend to ruin interesting, variable game design as they automatically choose the "correct" choice for their intent and discriminate against those who do not.

This. Count me in for the exact same votes

His wasn't counted - they need to be for species unique to each other. No double/triple votes, sorry. If people can simply pump up their favourite species, it voids the unique purpose of this particular poll.