The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Death to a majority of the dailies...

Ansalem

I know I'm not the only one fed up with having to grind dailies all the time for comms to purchase items with. Is there some other system that bioware can put in place that isn't so grindy? I grew tired of flying to 3 different planets every day and doing space missions. I know on the pts with 1.3 daily commendations drop off some boss kills in HM flash points...thats nice and all but instead of doing a daily quest you are just switching it to grinding HMs. I suppose daily comms from hm fps wouldnt be so bad if they lowered the costs on some of the items such as the 200 commendation items. I'm fine with doing the 1 HM FP or warzone daily quest a day, but I am extremely burned out with all the other daily content.

Anyways those are my thoughts. Does anyone else have anything to say about daily quests and the grind?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously. I wondered this back when WoW did it, and I can't understand why BioWare did it.

Because bioware likes to copy wow.

I was thinking maybe if they just mixed it up with a random planetary daily or random space quest that gave a big reward that could replace this grindfest they have going on now with dailies.

Yep, your not the only one. We GRIND because we have to, not because we want to.

What I do like on a daily basis is PvP. One Idea is to get drops from pvp and not just warzone coms.

yeah I wouldn't mind it if you get warzone comm loot or ranked comm or something random for killing someone in pvp...like every 10 kills you get a random item:P Course then we would see many more bots in warzones. Though I guess thats kinda like valor:P

Edited by Ansalem

There has to be a grind in MMOs. The Daily Missions really aren't bad at all. In about 10 days time you'll have both of your relics. You can also get 6 Black Hole Commendations a week. That is VERY lenient in the current implementation.

Adding additional Commendations to HM dungeons makes getting your gear even easier. Some people consistently clear HMs on a daily basis. Take an extra hour or so with your Group Mates to stomp through the Planetary Dailies and you'll be done with the Daily grind in record time.

I don't do the dailies so much that it becomes a grind. But I also take the long view with respect to earning gear. I figure we play this game for fun, when something stops being fun I go do something else that is. Dailies really should be seen as something you do when you don't feel sociable or don't have a ton of time. Doing all of them every day is a recipe for burnout.

I guess my main problem is that there are too many dailies. It takes me about 3.5 hours a day just to clear belsavis, ilum, cor, and space along with 1 HM FP if Im able to find a group. That's not including pvp daily. It wouldnt be so bad if they cut down on the number of them. Like I wouldn't mind only having to do those first 4 on belsavis. I also hate that there is so much travel involved. I wish they would make speeder bikes actually be fast so we can cover the enormous maps.

I know I'm not the only one fed up with having to grind dailies all the time for comms to purchase items with. Is there some other system that bioware can put in place that isn't so grindy? I grew tired of flying to 3 different planets every day and doing space missions. I know on the pts with 1.3 daily commendations drop off some boss kills in HM flash points...thats nice and all but instead of doing a daily quest you are just switching it to grinding HMs. I suppose daily comms from hm fps wouldnt be so bad if they lowered the costs on some of the items such as the 200 commendation items. I'm fine with doing the 1 HM FP or warzone daily quest a day, but I am extremely burned out with all the other daily content.

Anyways those are my thoughts. Does anyone else have anything to say about daily quests and the grind?

You do realize that the only reason to even try and collect the comms is for the rakata pieces and credits right?

if you take longer than a month doing dailies because of wanting to purchase the mods. then you are doing it wrong...

Run HM BT and get your gear from there if you are a fresh 50 once you have everything that you need form there.. run kaon. by the time you have run them a couple times you should have enough gear to run just about any HM you want.

the dailies are there mainly to give people something to do when they can't find a group to run Hm's

I guess my main problem is that there are too many dailies. It takes me about 3.5 hours a day just to clear belsavis, ilum, cor, and space along with 1 HM FP if Im able to find a group. That's not including pvp daily. It wouldnt be so bad if they cut down on the number of them. Like I wouldn't mind only having to do those first 4 on belsavis. I also hate that there is so much travel involved. I wish they would make speeder bikes actually be fast so we can cover the enormous maps.

I actually consider that a good thing-- more then you'd care to do in a day means that you can mix and match instead of doing the same handful over and over again.

While most days I get the corellia dailies finished (only doing the heroic once a week) I only do the belsavis ones every few days (and then usually just the northern hub) and only did the ilum ones when I was grinding up credits for a species unlock.

I guess what I'm getting at is complaining that you you have to do so many seems a bit folly when in fact you do not need to do any. They are there as a nice filler activity when you can't find a group for anything or don't feel like doing anything group-centric. If its your primary endgame then one might wish to re-evaluate a bit.

I actually consider that a good thing-- more then you'd care to do in a day means that you can mix and match instead of doing the same handful over and over again.

While most days I get the corellia dailies finished (only doing the heroic once a week) I only do the belsavis ones every few days (and then usually just the northern hub) and only did the ilum ones when I was grinding up credits for a species unlock.

I guess what I'm getting at is complaining that you you have to do so many seems a bit folly when in fact you do not need to do any. They are there as a nice filler activity when you can't find a group for anything or don't feel like doing anything group-centric. If its your primary endgame then one might wish to re-evaluate a bit.

Very Well said Paul

I read the OP post and there after posts and it literally reads to me as someone asking everything be given free of effort and thought.

This game does that to much already!

As for Dailies, personally I only run the Corellia ones right now. Takes 45 minutes tops and done.

I did the Belsavi ones one time and just didnt click with me so not worth my effort to go there every day.

I can wait a extra week or even month if thats what it takes to gather all the needed commendations.

Just landed on Illum so ill give those a once through but doubt I bother with them as the whole ice planet thing isnt great IMO.

But I guess Im coming to understanding the OP.

WOW lowered the bar so freaking far no one accepts any form of challenge (be it difficulty or time based challenges). Grind has become a FOTM term to the new to MMO players (WOW and later) and is used far to often and in many situations where it doesnt even apply.

Personally, Equipment in TOR feels meaningless its so easy to come by. I got 400 skill in cyber and artificer, Armor, and weapons only to realize the dailies equipment is better and mind numbingly easy to get!

The only time I've ever enjoyed daily quests was the Isle of Quel Danas in WoW tBC, and that was largely due to the small area and rampant pvp.

I've hated the daily quest structure every since. I remember last summer when I came back to WoW how terrible it was to grind Molten Front dailies in 4.2. Imagine my excitement when I heard the mid/beginning tier in TOR was awarded through grinding dailies.

I don't agree with much said on these forums, but the daily quest structure is in desperate need of a... restructure. TOR isn't the only game offending in this, but they could be the first to get it right.

I'd probably enjoy a system where the maps are small, the factions forced together and the quests revolving (like Molten Front, one thing that was cool) or entirely dynamic. Or they could use dailies over a short period as a backdrop for events like the rakghoul plague (spelling?).

Say BW plans to start a droid rebellion on a basement level of the fleet as a future event (for the sake of argument). Building up to the rebellion, they could have us perform a looonnnggg quest chain (a few weeks worth of quest in the vein of dailies, yet different and progressive quest each time) where we work through some scheme the droid are plotting before finally working together to drive them off the fleet over the course of a rgp-esqe event. Of course they could write a better story than that, but hopefully you get my drift.

It'd just be cool to see dailies entertain us as much as they reward us without feeling like such a treadmill.

excuse errors. It's late and i cba

I don't like dailies so I don't do them. You can't "beat" an MMO, so if dailies are all you can do, and you don't like doing them, then quit the game. It beats complaining about something (a grind) that has been in every MMO I have ever played.

Yep, your not the only one. We GRIND because we have to, not because we want to.

What I do like on a daily basis is PvP. One Idea is to get drops from pvp and not just warzone coms.

This, I've floated a similar idea before. At least with PVP grind its more dynamic.

You do realize that the only reason to even try and collect the comms is for the rakata pieces and credits right?

if you take longer than a month doing dailies because of wanting to purchase the mods. then you are doing it wrong...

Run HM BT and get your gear from there if you are a fresh 50 once you have everything that you need form there.. run kaon. by the time you have run them a couple times you should have enough gear to run just about any HM you want.

the dailies are there mainly to give people something to do when they can't find a group to run Hm's

where have you been? you also use them to purchase the campaign relics...you can also RE those to learn the schematic for yourself. On top of that there are 2 mounts you can purchase for 200 each. Plus you have the inhibitor crystals to buy so you can kill nightmare pilgrim...plus there are schematics you can purchase using comms not to mention in 1.3 they are adding more schematics to other professions that you can purchase with them. Also space gives you fleet commendations and 200 of those will buy you a grade 8 crafting box which contains materials to craft implants, earpieces, and campaign relics. The dailies serve a purpose, but it is much broader than what you have mentioned.

Seriously. I wondered this back when WoW did it, and I can't understand why BioWare did it.

I abhor dailies of any kind.

WoW only did it because there was a lack of means to farm gold for max level characters at the time. Not something you have to do unless you need the gold for something and can't get it from somewhere else. It's not required for gear.

I've played WoW since day one, and have never been bothered by dailies, probably because they were never required. Star Wars is killing me with them.

For a game that aims at the casual player it sure makes them spend a lot of time grinding to get things. Do casual players really want to spend 3-6 hours a day grinding? Also for OCD and completionists like me I can't just do 1 set or pick I am compelled to do them all. Its like being trapped in hell on a hamster wheel after a while.

I don't like dailies so I don't do them. You can't "beat" an MMO, so if dailies are all you can do, and you don't like doing them, then quit the game. It beats complaining about something (a grind) that has been in every MMO I have ever played.

I guess Ill just write this off as another of Bioware's lies since they said there would be no grind in swtor...they lied about so much and just turned this into WOW in space.

The only time I've ever enjoyed daily quests was the Isle of Quel Danas in WoW tBC, and that was largely due to the small area and rampant pvp.

I've hated the daily quest structure every since. I remember last summer when I came back to WoW how terrible it was to grind Molten Front dailies in 4.2. Imagine my excitement when I heard the mid/beginning tier in TOR was awarded through grinding dailies.

I don't agree with much said on these forums, but the daily quest structure is in desperate need of a... restructure. TOR isn't the only game offending in this, but they could be the first to get it right.

I'd probably enjoy a system where the maps are small, the factions forced together and the quests revolving (like Molten Front, one thing that was cool) or entirely dynamic. Or they could use dailies over a short period as a backdrop for events like the rakghoul plague (spelling?).

Say BW plans to start a droid rebellion on a basement level of the fleet as a future event (for the sake of argument). Building up to the rebellion, they could have us perform a looonnnggg quest chain (a few weeks worth of quest in the vein of dailies, yet different and progressive quest each time) where we work through some scheme the droid are plotting before finally working together to drive them off the fleet over the course of a rgp-esqe event. Of course they could write a better story than that, but hopefully you get my drift.

It'd just be cool to see dailies entertain us as much as they reward us without feeling like such a treadmill.

excuse errors. It's late and i cba

The complaint works well for ilum, and somewhat Belsavis--- but Corellia's daily hub sounds like exactly what you are talking about. Condensed questing with cross-faction occupying the same area and good reward-time ratio.

Then again I guess using dailies as filler between pvp queues also helps eat most of the monotony away (as well as farming all the slicing/archaeology nodes there)

Because bioware likes to copy wow.

I was thinking maybe if they just mixed it up with a random planetary daily or random space quest that gave a big reward that could replace this grindfest they have going on now with dailies.

If they did...they did a poor job of it. :cool: TOR is better than WoW in some ways, but lags behind in others. There should be multiple ways to get tokens needed. So as to appeal to all types of players.

For some reason credits is our horizontal progression in this game.

WoW primarily focused on reputation grinds and instance tokens. Gold was not as necessary, but available to supplement the economy and to buy random toys.

TOR focuses entirely on dailies.

Feelsbadman.jpg

They need to come up with a legitimate horizontal grind that is fun to do. Legacy could have been this, but again instead of focusing on legacy levels as the primary mode of advancing, they focused on credits.. which requires dailies.

They need to change their focus off of credit sinks.

Edited by Marak

I guess my main problem is that there are too many dailies. It takes me about 3.5 hours a day just to clear belsavis, ilum, cor, and space along with 1 HM FP if Im able to find a group.

You don't have to do all dailies every day, you know.