Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people who are saying that a third destination PVE on the east coast will be underpopulated are just way jumping the gun.

There are 47 EC PVE servers, and so far they've transferred 20 into 2. That leave 25 servers. If all 24 of them are sent to the third highest server (The Shadowlands), it will be plenty full, as full as the other 2.

And that doesn't even take into account that the 24 remaining are higher population than the 20 they have transferred which are probably at the very bottom in terms of active population.

No need to panic about being sent to the third destination server.

Edited by Last_Hearth

Funny thing is if you think about their last posted subs number of 1.2 Mil. They are fitting all of NA on 7 servers basically. All in total the game will probably have 15-18 servers across the globe when all of this is done. Still believe that number ?

You people who are saying that a third destination PVE on the east coast will be underpopulated are just way jumping the gun.

There are 47 EC PVE servers, and so far they've transferred 22 into 2. That leave 23 servers. If all 22 of them are sent to the third highest server (The Shadowlands), it will be plenty full, as full as the other 2.

And that doesn't even take into account that the 22 remaining are higher population than the 22 they have transferred which are probably at the very bottom in terms of active population.

No need to panic about being sent to the third destination server.

Oh I'm not panicking. I like to think Ive been one of the voices of reason (albeit a somewhat snarky one) in this thread today. I'd just prefer to be on one of the two already open as I know they will be heavily populated, especially Jedi Cov as it already had a decent pop. I made a level 1 there a few weeks ago cause Id heard it was the highest pop EC PVE and Tython had like 50 people at off peak hours.

I'd prefer Jedi Cov, but I'll take either as opposed to if they open a third destination tomorrow.

We have 24 servers not touched yet that are PVE East. I'm on The Shadowlands, we have an awesome population after hearing some of these people (80-110ish fleet at peak, 40-50 when I ditch work and sneak a log-in during the day)

So far 10 have fed into each Oro and Covenant, the remaining 24 might be able to support a 3rd destination (fingers crossed) but we'll see, they may just split and add 12 more to each Oro and Cov

EDIT: got beaten to the punch before I could post heh.

Edited by TheHastyTadpole

Funny thing is if you think about their last posted subs number of 1.2 Mil. They are fitting all of NA on 7 servers basically. All in total the game will probably have 15-18 servers across the globe when all of this is done. Still believe that number ?

I have a feeling that number will increase, probably be around 30-40 worldwide. And if Blizzard fits its 10 mil on like 600 servers world wide, and this is a newer engine with newer servers that theoretically should be able to handle more peeps, then yea, sounds about right.

Please do not merge Darth Bandon with the current east coast destination. When 1.3 comes out we will be waiting hours to get in. Combine med pop servers like bandon with other med pop servers or light servers by making it a destination.

Please do not merge Darth Bandon with the current east coast destination. When 1.3 comes out we will be waiting hours to get in. Combine med pop servers like bandon with other med pop servers or light servers by making it a destination.

for the millionth time server population caps have been raised dramatically you'll be fine.

We have 24 servers not touched yet that are PVE East. I'm on The Shadowlands, we have an awesome population after hearing some of these people (80-110ish fleet at peak, 40-50 when I ditch work and sneak a log-in during the day)

So far 10 have fed into each Oro and Covenant, the remaining 24 might be able to support a 3rd destination (fingers crossed) but we'll see, they may just split and add 12 more to each Oro and Cov

EDIT: got beaten to the punch before I could post heh.

Like I said, not panicking even if I do end up shipped to a 3rd destination server. And Shadowlands is a cooler server name than the other 2.

Kind of hoping The Razor is a Dest not Origin.

I would think it might be better to be destination than origin since we DO have a LOT of players on during prime time. Last night around 9pm-10pm EST, I checked both sides (Galaxy wide, NOT fleet wide...not sure why people think Fleet = best population) and there were 100+ each on both sides.

The Razor should be destination. This way all the lower populated servers, and i DO mean servers NOT fleet, would add to our collection of AWESOME players.

lord praven to....pleasure barge? oO seriusly? I meen I guess that's goood but why not Jedi. Cov.:rak_02:

Anyone have a toon on Pleasure Barge have ideas what it's like?

Lord P would go to Pleasure Barge and not Jedi Cov cause its a west coast server and Jedi is east coast. And I made some lowbies on Pleasure Barge a few weeks ago, seemed pretty populous, about the same as Jedi was.

I would think it might be better to be destination than origin since we DO have a LOT of players on during prime time. Last night around 9pm-10pm EST, I checked both sides (Galaxy wide, NOT fleet wide...not sure why people think Fleet = best population) and there were 100+ each on both sides.

The Razor should be destination. This way all the lower populated servers, and i DO mean servers NOT fleet, would add to our collection of AWESOME players.

No, we are pretty dead. As someone above stated, Shadowlands has about that many on just on the Fleet at prime time, so prolly 200-300 total at least. We aren't super dead like some servers, but we're not destination material.

Lord P would go to Pleasure Barge and not Jedi Cov cause its a west coast server and Jedi is east coast. And I made some lowbies on Pleasure Barge a few weeks ago, seemed pretty populous, about the same as Jedi was.

its frequently listed as low pop though. Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth but i'm not sure how that improves on the situation of Lord.Prav.

its frequently listed as low pop though. Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth but i'm not sure how that improves on the situation of Lord.Prav.

All the servers, even Fatman, were frequently low pop till yesterday. Just some are more low pop than others. In any case, its not just Lord P going there, I closed the list but prolly 4-6 other servers have gone there already and possibly more tomorrow, and it was already one of the top 6 at least most populous US servers. And they won't transfer across regions except in some rare cases like RP realms cause of ping.

By the time my damned server is posted for transfers all my character names will be taken on my destination server for sure given that they are now funnelling people into a handful of specific destination servers.

Now I'm getting really annoyed.

Sad that The Saber of Exar Kun didn't get transferred today, but then again I can blame my lame friends for inviting me to that server and quitting once I got into the game :p

Looks like I still got a day or so for my BH to try and finish the bonus series I missed.

Edited by Kltpxyzm

By the time my damned server is posted for transfers all my character names will be taken on my destination server for sure given that they are now funnelling people into a handful of specific destination servers.

Now I'm getting really annoyed.

So go roll some level 1s on the one or two servers you might end up on now to reserve names.

I am confused regarding Ajunta Pall being an origin server. It is a west coast server, but my only transfer option is an east coast server. My in game latency presently stays around 37 ping, but on east coast servers it is around 90 ping. Since I rolled on a pvp server, you can understand how a lower latency is expected.

In what ways will the higher latency effect pvp combat? I do understand that there are many client-side tricks to present a seamless gameplay experience, so you please understand my question is of a technical nature: In what ways will this > 100% increase in latency actually effect me? If there will be no effect (not no apparent effect), could you please explain how I, playing with a relatively much higher ping, can be on a completely level playing field versus a player with a significantly lower ping. Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks for the replies, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid. Here's why:

So I just did a little testing to see what my actual deal might be if I accept a transfer from my west coast server to the east coast Jung Ma. Not so good. According to the Server Lag meter on the Mini-map, my low latency is 93-98. But, there are consistent spikes to 120-190, which, according to the meter, happen about 25% of the time. I got these numbers based on Jung Ma and another lightly populated east server over 15 minutes, 2:40-2:55pm PDT.

Also, please note in my original post I acknowledged that there is a certain amount of lag that might be considered insignificant. I think that the spikes are very significant, especially since they appeared at the time of day that they do. I would assume an overall increase over the next few hours. Bad call BioWare - can I please get offered a free transfer to a west coast pvp server? And quickly since many are jumping ship from Ajunta Pall as I type this.

Edited by onfireguy
added additional information about actual play experience on east coast servers

I am confused regarding Ajunta Pall being an origin server. It is a west coast server, but my only transfer option is an east coast server. My in game latency presently stays around 37 ping, but on east coast servers it is around 90 ping. Since I rolled on a pvp server, you can understand how a lower latency is expected.

In what ways will the higher latency effect pvp combat? I do understand that there are many client-side tricks to present a seamless gameplay experience, so you please understand my question is of a technical nature: In what ways will this > 100% increase in latency actually effect me? If there will be no effect (not no apparent effect), could you please explain how I, playing with a relatively much higher ping, can be on a completely level playing field versus a player with a significantly lower ping. Thanks.

If your ping only ends up around 90 its shouldnt be a problem at all. Its only when you start going over maybe 150-200 that it becomes an issue for PVP (I think, some PVPers might want to chime in) PVE wise you really have to get over 300-400 before it becomes an issue. I can say I used to do BGs in WoW with a 200 ping all the time with little to no issues. In my experience anything under 100 ping is not even noticeable.

Edited by mjmcooke

No, we are pretty dead. As someone above stated, Shadowlands has about that many on just on the Fleet at prime time, so prolly 200-300 total at least. We aren't super dead like some servers, but we're not destination material.

Yeah, the Razor is just not high enough.

I think odds are very good that the Shadowlands ends up being the 3rd EC PVE server, as it has a healthy population and I can't imagine BW stuffing the remaining 24 servers onto the the first 2.

The ones that are sweating it out are Krayt Dragon and Mind Trick, they are just below Shadowlands and it's touch and go to see if they become destination or origin.