Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

You seem to equate the hour in which last do an update to the amount of work that we are all putting into this. Many weekends and extra hours have been worked in order to bring us to this point. Within the past 48 hrs, we've opened up 122 servers for character transfers in a service that has run (relatively and knock on wood) smoothly. We understand your passion and desire for a transfer, but know that we are taking many factors into account, including making sure that servers are stable.

Jov, they're just hating. Nothing is gonna change that. Thanks for your hard work!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the server type you are, and the East/West, you really are only between 2 servers....

One can hope that tomorrow they make new destination servers.

Yeah, having EVERY east-coast PvP server go to The Fatman doesn't sound all that great.

Match up which one of those is the same type and same coast as yours and you should know exactly where you are going. Unless they open up new destinations tomorrow.

But arent there 2 PVE East coast destination?

I just really wish they would give more of an explanation as to why they open which servers.

because of population statistics

u really need an explanation???

go to the server they are offering to you and prosper

You seem to equate the hour in which last do an update to the amount of work that we are all putting into this. Many weekends and extra hours have been worked in order to bring us to this point. Within the past 48 hrs, we've opened up 122 servers for character transfers in a service that has run (relatively and knock on wood) smoothly. We understand your passion and desire for a transfer, but know that we are taking many factors into account, including making sure that servers are stable.

the lack of information regarding servers that haven't transferred yet is what makes it so bad.. Sitting around all day long hoping to not be the last kid picked for dodge-ball with no eta of WHEN or WHERE is utter crap. It just goes to show how Bioware / EA lack the skills needed to run a proper MMO still.

I have a new question (just out of curiosity): It's obvious that they kept The fatman due to the population but some of the other destination servers were, according to third party sources, not the second most popular and so on. Assuming that those third parties are correct, were they picked due to their names?

If you look at the server type you are, and the East/West, you really are only between 2 servers....

One can hope that tomorrow they make new destination servers.

I hope not, I want to get on Jedi Cov or Cand Ordo since I know they'll be nice and big.

Edited by mjmcooke

And I respect that you put so many hours into your work, but if all these extra hours were done, why not extend it for 1 day to get all of these out? There have been many of your players (myself included) who paid for your sub even though their server was dead and couldn't even get a warzone. Just in hopes of the game getting better and having transfers at some point (which I hoped was ALOT sooner, but it happens). Literally money that I was throwing away just to support BW for transfers and the game. Selfish perhaps, but that is legitimately what I've been doing, as I can't even play on my server and spent to much time to reroll.

Anyways, heres to hoping for tomorrow.

the lack of information regarding servers that haven't transferred yet is what makes it so bad.. Sitting around all day long hoping to not be the last kid picked for dodge-ball with no eta of WHEN or WHERE is utter crap. It just goes to show how Bioware / EA lack the skills needed to run a proper MMO still.

What do you base this on exactly? If you're so high and mighty about how things should be run, why have you not applied for a job there? Wait your turn, like everyone else is doing.

In my account where you can transfer it shows a button "pre-select servers" behind this one:

The Exile's Crystal to Tomb of Freedon Nadd (correct, I have chars on Exiles) but behind

Hex Droid I dont have such a button though I got chars there too...is that correct?

Both are alts that I dont care for but once my "main" server comes up, I may have the same problem...

Also, 17 EN pvp servers as origin moving into Freedon Nadd? Thats only 4 missing which can only mean ALL 20+ move onto exactly 1 server...

Edited by Valhingen

We have our final update for today!

Ugh, really?

Now I have to wait another day. Still unsure of what server I'll be heading to.

122 Servers is great....except when you're not on one of those servers. The last update didn't even include any East Coast PVP servers.

*sigh* Considered me disgruntled.

Ugh, really?

Now I have to wait another day. Still unsure of what server I'll be heading to.

122 Servers is great....except when you're not on one of those servers. The last update didn't even include any East Coast PVP servers.

*sigh* Considered me disgruntled.

I feel the same. But what can we do? Nothing

I have a new question (just out of curiosity): It's obvious that they kept The fatman due to the population but some of the other destination servers were, according to third party sources, not the second most popular and so on. Assuming that those third parties are correct, were they picked due to their names?

Jedi Cov was definitely the most populous East Coast PVE server. Fatman is so far the only East Coast PVP origin being used. Theres only one of each type/region being used for destinations so far except for East and West coast PVE which have 2. I do believe WC PVE Drooga was the most populous. Cand Ordo and Harbringer, I'm not sure if they were second in their respective niches.

I have a question: are they doing transfers East coast -->East Coast; West --> West or will there be movement between? I'm just wondering cause I'm on an east coast server (because originally started playing with a friend on the east coast) but would like to go to a West Coast server (since that is where I am). Just wondering :)