Fire & Smoke Aoe in WZ need addressed.

Nijraw

Fire & smoke Aoe seems to drop my frames per second to 10FPS, I run Swtor above 80FPS at any given time but as soon as the ground is covered in smoke & fire the game breaks for me, unplayable, remove all smoke effects from WZ or have a option to turn it off.

Now days with all the FOTM pyrotechs WZ are covered with smoke & fire, it wasnt so bad when people played other specs & classes but that's not the case now.

Edited by Nijraw

Yeah, I am not a computer expert by any means, and I do not have some 2k beast computer.

But I have 3.0 dual core

8 gigs of ram

2 gigs dedicated memory in my graphic card

And my settings on "Low"

and when everyone starts spamming AOE, combined with a door blowing in Voidstar, mine creeps to a crawl as well for a few seconds.

It's your computer. I hope you know that your eyes don't register anything above 29.9 fps...

i hope u know this is the biggest lie u ever learned...

eyes don't see in frames, and also a trained eye (like the one from an air-force pilot or a gamer) can "see" differences even above 120fps.

Edited by LucidGreece

Yeah, I am not a computer expert by any means, and I do not have some 2k beast computer.

But I have 3.0 dual core

8 gigs of ram

2 gigs dedicated memory in my graphic card

And my settings on "Low"

and when everyone starts spamming AOE, combined with a door blowing in Voidstar, mine creeps to a crawl as well for a few seconds.

the amount of memory on your graphics card does not equal the quality of graphics that it can render. and a 3.0 dual core is quite dated tbh.

there should be a slider in this game for particle effects tho, not sure why there isnt

i hope u know this is the biggest lie u ever learned...

eyes don't see in frames, and also a trained eye (like the one from an air-force pilot or a gamer) can "see" differences even above 120fps.

Of course, there is a very obvious difference in those frame rates. You can see for yourself very easily.

the amount of memory on your graphics card does not equal the quality of graphics that it can render. and a 3.0 dual core is quite dated tbh.

there should be a slider in this game for particle effects tho, not sure why there isnt

Maybe it'll be like SWG and get implemented in 6-7 years.

It's your computer. I hope you know that your eyes don't register anything above 29.9 fps...

Higher FPS= smoother picture

Think of it this way: a slideshow is like one slide every 3 seconds. Accelerate that to 10 slides every second and you have a rough moving picture. Accelerate that to 60 slides every second and you have a fluid moving picture. Accelerate that to 120 slides per second and your projector will explode, but you will have seen a very smooth presentation.

Of course, there is a very obvious difference in those frame rates. You can see for yourself very easily.

we can go on talking about it as long as u like, i'm talking about facts while u are trying to sound smart :)

but i guess ignorance is bliss for most of you

Edited by LucidGreece

Higher FPS= smoother picture

Think of it this way: a slideshow is like one slide every 3 seconds. Accelerate that to 10 slides every second and you have a rough moving picture. Accelerate that to 60 slides every second and you have a fluid moving picture. Accelerate that to 120 slides per second and your projector will explode, but you will have seen a very smooth presentation.

Best PowerPoint presentation ever.

we can go on talking about it as long as u like, i'm talking about facts while u are trying to sound smart :)

but i guess ignorance is bliss for most of you

Why do you believe I'm trying to sound smart? I can very clearly see the difference in smoothness from 30fps to 100fps. What has convinced you that what you learned is a fact? Why would there be a limit for your eye sight on how many frames per second are noticable? As already explained, it will be much more seemless with a faster rate.

Wait, I was agreeing with you, Lucid - lol.

Edited by vimm

Why do you believe I'm trying to sound smart? I can very clearly see the difference in smoothness from 30fps to 100fps. What has convinced you that what you learned is a fact? Why would there be a limit for your eye sight on how many frames per second are noticable? As already explained, it will be much more seemless with a faster rate.

Wait, I was agreeing with you, Lucid - lol.

it was just your writing that confused me, nvm :) most people can't understand basic things.

Fire & smoke Aoe seems to drop my frames per second to 10FPS, I run Swtor above 80FPS at any given time but as soon as the ground is covered in smoke & fire the game breaks for me, unplayable, remove all smoke effects from WZ or have a option to turn it off.

Now days with all the FOTM pyrotechs WZ are covered with smoke & fire, it wasnt so bad when people played other specs & classes but that's not the case now.

vsync man, vsync

I remember there's one daily in Belsavis where you've to kill 5 mutated creatures and the smoke there just totally kills FPS.

I'm sure some people can see the difference between 30+ FPS but usually the guys who claim they can do it would fail to see the difference if they were really given a test, sort of like the guys who say they can taste the difference between two rather subtle variant of food usually get it wrong when given a blind test.

I have the following system:

CPU: i7 920 @4.0 GHz

MOBO: Rampage II Extreme

VGA: 4 x 5870 XXX

HDD: Vertex 2 180 GB

RAM : 24 GB G-Skill

I run this game beyond any resolution most of you guys use because I also have three dell ultrasharp screens for eyefinity. I have run tests for a week with various settings and what OP is saying is correct. Voidstar has a huge problem with AOE effects. I will give you an example. I am tanking the west door and I got 5 imps on me trying to kill me. I am hit by sorc aoes, sniper aoes, then my teamates pop their aoes and the killer sage aoe. Why do I call it a killer sage? This earthquake on top of all those aoes decreases my FPS. So I before all these aoes I am running a hefty 90-120 fps and when all these aoes show up I am crawling with 40-60 with microstutter. For those who use a single card this is not an issue and you my laugh but on 4 cards the drops in fps are felt and microstutter is annoying. As soon as these effects wear off my fps shoots back up. I am using all the AA in the world and with or without shadows the problem is still there.

I have also disabled 2 of my screens for further testing. At 1200p resolution maxed out the problem persists. Bottom line the game is poorly written and shows signs of lazy programming. This is not crysis yet my computer has dips in fps. If you think its my internet, it is not as i have 25ms lag to Lord Calypho.

I have the following system:

CPU: i7 920 @4.0 GHz

MOBO: Rampage II Extreme

VGA: 4 x 5870 XXX

HDD: Vertex 2 180 GB

RAM : 24 GB G-Skill

I run this game beyond any resolution most of you guys use because I also have three dell ultrasharp screens for eyefinity. I have run tests for a week with various settings and what OP is saying is correct. Voidstar has a huge problem with AOE effects. I will give you an example. I am tanking the west door and I got 5 imps on me trying to kill me. I am hit by sorc aoes, sniper aoes, then my teamates pop their aoes and the killer sage aoe. Why do I call it a killer sage? This earthquake on top of all those aoes decreases my FPS. So I before all these aoes I am running a hefty 90-120 fps and when all these aoes show up I am crawling with 40-60 with microstutter. For those who use a single card this is not an issue and you my laugh but on 4 cards the drops in fps are felt and microstutter is annoying. As soon as these effects wear off my fps shoots back up. I am using all the AA in the world and with or without shadows the problem is still there.

I have also disabled 2 of my screens for further testing. At 1200p resolution maxed out the problem persists. Bottom line the game is poorly written and shows signs of lazy programming. This is not crysis yet my computer has dips in fps. If you think its my internet, it is not as i have 25ms lag to Lord Calypho.

I dont disagree that there is a FPS performance loss.

However, your microstutter issue is due to VSYNC. VSYNC forces the frame to arrive at a specific refresh rate. If one frame is missed due to physical propagation delay (your DVI/HDMI wire, pipelines on your graphics card, moving data from hard-drive to grahics card, synchronizing frames between graphics cards in SLI/Crossfire or multiple GPU's) then it is dropped.

See NVIDIA's new technology on the GTX680's which solves the microstutter issue.

People who use VSYNC unwittingly dont understand what it's for. It's to solve tearing.

Also having more graphics cards isn't better. A Single GPU card produce the best visual experience. It doesn't experience the micro-stuttering as much as multiple GPU or multi-card setups.

Edited by Yeochins

Also having more graphics cards isn't better. A Single GPU card produce the best visual experience. It doesn't experience the micro-stuttering as much as multiple GPU or multi-card setups.

Truth. I had dual radeon 5970's and those 2 cards were a nightmare with games. Most of the time I ended up turning one of the cards off just to run a game. Eventually sold them both and got a GTX 580.