Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Maybe people who are against homosexual content should also make themselves known to Bioware and your think-a-likes to show you why no homosexual content is needed in a game which isn't a stage of completion that would allow people to focus on fancy rubbish along the road.

If you have a reasonable argument about why same-gender romances should not be in the game when cross-species and opposite-gender romances are, I'd love to hear it.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a fine semantic distinction between lying and prevarication, also between a heterosexist game (such as we have at present) and heterosexist people, but I am really not terribly motivated to pursue either.

Something more forthright than an unverifiable confirmation of a remark qualified at the time as of doubtful accuracy would truly be appreciated.

The pastel colours are adorable <3 What we need is someone in Austin to--

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh! We need to bombard them with baked goods! Everyone kittening loves cakes and rainbow bakes are the best cakes. Cakes which have our questions written on them in icing. That way they have to pay some kittening attention to us, no one says no to cake.

Well cake barrage is the one thing we haven't tried yet.

I have some...interesting...novelty cake pans. My last cake went over very well. I have a knack for getting that flesh tone just right. Making them red velvet just insures the realism. ;)

Well cake barrage is the one thing we haven't tried yet.

I have some...interesting...novelty cake pans. My last cake went over very well. I have a knack for getting that flesh tone just right. Making them red velvet just insures the realism. ;)

Not those sorts of cakes :eek: I was thinking more like the rainbow cake I linked earlier in the thread.

My female Knight would've taken her in a heart beat if she'd been available, and normally I'm not into f/f. I would've preferred her to Doc. :p

Doc. Well, I picked him up not too long ago, just arrived on Quesh. I thought Tharan was a narcissistic jerk. I absolutely love Kira's comments regarding him during conversations, that's pretty much exactly how I - or my Shavere, Jedi Knight and supposed daughter of my IA - feels about him. Unfortunately, as a Jedi Knight, she has to remain nice to keep him in line. But I'd rather romance T7 than him. Or a moisture vaporator. At least he's good at what he does, and technically the best companion to use for a combat sentinel. I still rather use Kira - damage dealer all the way, who needs healing if the enemy is dead, anyway? Or T7-O1 (tank) whenever I send Kira on Treasure Hunting, because she's the only one with a crit bonus on Treasure Hunting I got.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Since the (2 of 2) is still up, and marked as such, I am confident that Ixum accurately shared what he saw. Why would Hall Hood have labeled at stand alone tweet (2 of 2)? Mysteries! Obfuscation! Shenanigans, even! Yes – that is the very word. I am calling shenanigans on this. Very fishy.

FWIW, I remember seeing the (1 of 2) as well when it crossed my Twitter dash.

Doc. Well, I picked him up not too long ago, just arrived on Quesh. I thought Tharan was a narcissistic jerk. I absolutely love Kira's comments regarding him during conversations, that's pretty much exactly how I - or my Shavere, Jedi Knight and supposed daughter of my IA - feels about him. Unfortunately, as a Jedi Knight, she has to remain nice to keep him in line. But I'd rather romance T7 than him. Or a moisture vaporator. At least he's good at what he does, and technically the best companion to use for a combat sentinel..

I went ahead and pursued him even though OOCly I was torn between laughing at how outrageous he was and wanting to punch him because of his attitudes. I was appalled someone thought this might be attractive to a 21st century woman, but as I've shared before on the forums, I felt the way I handled it redeemed him a little and I enjoyed the end of the romance arc because, and this is sad, it felt like "eat your crow, dear".

But this is one of those cases where my character's opinion about a character vastly differs from my own.

Thanks....good to know Mr. Hood agrees....though it is strange if the tweet disappeared, I guess they must be getting told to keep it on the down-low.

Damn, at this point I just want more story in *some* way. I was a little bummed that there was no quest lead in to TFB. I know EV didn't have one either, but I ilked that they had something for KP and EC, it helped me know why exactly I was going into operation in the first place. It just makes me worry that this is the trend to expect....

What is the deal with the Tweets you guys are talking about, I've been looking through the thread but I can't seem to find what this tweet was about.

I laid it all out here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5205701&postcount=1722

The complication is that the (1 of 2) tweet no longer exists. It seems to have been pulled that same day. (2 of 2) doesn't tell us anything new at all, unfortunately.

So we are in effect left with an unverifiable confirmation of a statement qualified by doubt of its own accuracy.

Shenanigans, I say! :mad:

Thanks....good to know Mr. Hood agrees....though it is strange if the tweet disappeared, I guess they must be getting told to keep it on the down-low.

Damn, at this point I just want more story in *some* way. I was a little bummed that there was no quest lead in to TFB. I know EV didn't have one either, but I ilked that they had something for KP and EC, it helped me know why exactly I was going into operation in the first place. It just makes me worry that this is the trend to expect....

Look at the last armor set: they've just changed the colours without bothering too much, so yeah I fear that's will be the trend: lesser budget to invest wit f2p

Edited by Ayslinn_Iduviel

Well, my sub should be running out... whenever midnight is for the EU servers. In 10 minutes, maybe? Or do they all go by American time?

*shrugs*

Gonna cross my fingers and hope that by the time I resubscribe, I'll know whether I want to romance Risha or Akaavi with my male Smuggler. And if all the female lv.1 characters I've created will have any same-gender romances by the end of the year.

Edited by JediMB

Another one down. :(

BioWare, your silence is not doing you any favors at all. Please talk to us.

I honestly think they're beyond caring about their "normal" players - if only we could have a celebrity or something playing, just so they could drum up a cause célèbre. Outside forces... I just imagine someone trying to roll around a boulder yelling "outside forces" over and over again.

He also has been an actor in the Star Wars franchise and recently attempted to broker Star Peace between Trekkies and... Star Wars fans (can't remember the cute name) to destroy the perils that the Twilight series represents.

It's OK to be Takei.

(Go on, do it)

Look at the last armor set: they've just changed the colours without bothering too much, so yeah I fear that's will be the trend: lesser budget to invest wit f2p

To be fair that's not all that uncommon. I've seen WoW pull that trick before...

But also, I'm pretty sure they have sent all their design priorities into the new cartel shop gear.

Lastly, the tier designs have been incredibly unpopular from the start and many have thought that the idea of designing tier sets for the Star Wars universe is daunting. I'm hedging bets on the future of operation drops being mod sets.

Have fun JediMB, hopefully we'll have information for you soon.

If we don't have anything by November, I'll make sure to pester Merizan and Priestly about it at GAMEX! Doesn't matter if they're technically with BioWare Edmonton, and not Austin!

He also has been an actor in the Star Wars franchise and recently attempted to broker Star Peace between Trekkies and... Star Wars fans (can't remember the cute name) to destroy the perils that the Twilight series represents.

It's OK to be Takei.

(Go on, do it)

Well, um... he played Lt. Sulu in the original Star Trek series. And Hiro's dad in Heroes. And a lot of other roles, but nothing from Star Wars to my knowledge.

He's a really cool person, regardless.

Edited by JediMB