Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Thank you for doing all of that.

As I said, this isn't just an equality thing for me even though it is, kind of. For me, this is a 'mental disability' issue. It's especially frustrating to me when some of the companion storylines, like Kaliyo, actually mention or hint at same-sex romance. In the Kaliyo storyline, the bounty hunter out to get her actually mentions that Kaliyo seduced her into leaving Alderaan. :(

I am patient, btw. I just wish that they would communicate better with us.

(On the other hand, as an MMO veteran I can tell you that I remember what Blizz was like in the early days of WoW. Man, getting info out of them was like getting blood from a chunk of lead. It would have been faster to bash your head into the desk. I also understand the move to the F2P Hybrid model. It does generate more revenue than subscriptions. I just hope they don't do a horrific job like Perfect World and Cryptic did over at STO. I honestly can't play that game any more and I have a life-time sub :( )

I won't go into details, but I just didn't give up and used every avenue of communication at our disposal. Going from my email records, I've been working on this for a few weeks. Sometimes I was able to be more reasonable than others. But I did keep trying and eventually it got through. Once it did, I had a good discussion with Joveth. I think I have Allison to thank for putting him in touch.

They are both incredibly busy people, and I think they simply didn't realize we no longer knew if the news we'd had a year ago and then last March was still current. Once Joveth got in touch, he took the time to be sure he heard me out and understood the issue. Allison made sure we had the chance to have that talk.

It is only an irritation for me. But to the extent that I get angry from playing my Smuggler -- which is a shame. I love the game and really like how Gunslinger plays, and I like the RP personal my character has. I even like his lines. But when I encounter a female NPC, it is tediously predictable that I will likely have at least one [Flirt]. I am glad in general those are there. It's a fun concept. But depressing because of course there's no same-gender option at all. At least not yet.

I have actually had to put my Gunslinger down for a bit and level other classes. It was getting too personal and as much of a pest as I made myself here as it was, I'd have gotten totally out of line, gone batsh*t crazy on the forums and gotten banned. But I had the sense to see it, and thank the hyperspatial matrix I am on my meds. ;)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's especially frustrating to me when some of the companion storylines, like Kaliyo, actually mention or hint at same-sex romance. In the Kaliyo storyline, the bounty hunter out to get her actually mentions that Kaliyo seduced her into leaving Alderaan.

That, and she literally flirts with the agent the first time they meet. Repeatedly.

Edited by Bleeters

That, and she literally flirts with the agent the first time they meet. Repeatedly.

It's why some of the established companions, I feel, should be made bisexual. Kaliyo is a definite.

I would, of course, love it if we had a choice on most of our companions. You know, we get to the point where the companion joins us and we can then choose between X and...X's friend Y. In some cases like Gault or Skadge, maybe make it so that we can actually off that person and choose someone else.

On my PT, I don't care that Gault and Skadge hate my guts.

Obviously some companions don't change. I mean, Blizz and Scorpio don't seem to need to be changed...or Khem Val or Quizen.

But, I mean, maybe as a Sith Warrior you can chose to have Jaesa go off to Korriban and a (male) Sith Inquisitor joins you.

The decision can also earn you dark/light points. Giving Jaesa to the Sith could be a major DSP hit, but killing a psycho like Skadge could be LS. Some would, of course, be neutral like not having Kira join you as a Knight.

And this could actually offer us more choices for both gay and straight romances.

Edited by Joushigun

Sorry if saying Kaliyo was obviously bisexual upset anyone - I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek, though I maintain the hints are there - along with the recollection that she and some other companions were originally being written to have SGR romance options earlier on.

Of course, being just a video game character, she is whatever the writers write her to be....and that can be subject to change.

It's actually fairly obvious from her letters to the Agent (if you marry her) at the end of the game that she is, from the way she words her request to bring several attractive young people aboard for long hyperspace flights. No distinction between male or female.

And for those who point out Jack as not being romanceable by a female Shepard in Mass Effect 2, it could just be because she doesn't want to be tied down to one relationship with a woman.

It's actually fairly obvious from her letters to the Agent (if you marry her) at the end of the game that she is, from the way she words her request to bring several attractive young people aboard for long hyperspace flights. No distinction between male or female.

And for those who point out Jack as not being romanceable by a female Shepard in Mass Effect 2, it could just be because she doesn't want to be tied down to one relationship with a woman.

It's actually quite obvious.

First of all, she flirts with both the male and female Agents. She also seduced a young, rich woman into leaving Alderaan. It's pretty much there.

Now that Daniel Erickson is leaving (See this thread) are his comments still valid? It feels like BW/EA is using this thread as a "carrot on a stick", dangling hope in front of us, saying "just a little further keep giving us your money". I'm losing my hope for the future of SGRAs and my trust in BW.

We actually addressed this already. The Devs have already stated that things have not changed, even after we heard about Erikson, so I assume things are remaining the same.

Now that Daniel Erickson is leaving (See this thread) are his comments still valid? It feels like BW/EA is using this thread as a "carrot on a stick", dangling hope in front of us, saying "just a little further keep giving us your money". I'm losing my hope for the future of SGRAs and my trust in BW.

Well, luv, I remember hearing promises of some very specific things that were going to come to World of Warcraft that took...well...three expansions and six years.

Well, luv, I remember hearing promises of some very specific things that were going to come to World of Warcraft that took...well...three expansions and six years.

Sure, but certainly some features were promised in that and other MMOs that actually DID make it in within the time frame specified by developer announcements. Some things will make it in, some things won't. I hope SGRAs will be in by the end of the year. If not, I'm unsubscribing until they are in (if, at that stage, the game's worth coming back to).

They said 'this year', I'll give them that. As the White King said in the most recent Alice game, 'Cynicism is a disease; it can be cured.'

Of course he said it just before Alice cut him into pieces but I think it's still valid.

Sure, but certainly some features were promised in that and other MMOs that actually DID make it in within the time frame specified by developer announcements. Some things will make it in, some things won't. I hope SGRAs will be in by the end of the year. If not, I'm unsubscribing until they are in (if, at that stage, the game's worth coming back to).

They said 'this year', I'll give them that. As the White King said in the most recent Alice game, 'Cynicism is a disease; it can be cured.'

Of course he said it just before Alice cut him into pieces but I think it's still valid.

I explained on 119 that by years end, I won't be playing if the game doesn't have this in it. For me, this is painful to go through. The last man to flirt with me had me running to the bathroom nauseous and desperate to wash where he touched me. The idea of flirting with a man is anathema to me, so it's hard to see that as an option for my character since I get very much into my characters.

I explained on 119 that by years end, I won't be playing if the game doesn't have this in it. For me, this is painful to go through. The last man to flirt with me had me running to the bathroom nauseous and desperate to wash where he touched me. The idea of flirting with a man is anathema to me, so it's hard to see that as an option for my character since I get very much into my characters.

Hmm, okay.

Yes, your previous comments rather indicated that. Kudos to you for pushing past various points to find something within the game to enjoy.

Thank you. My Agent now has Scorpio as her main companion. I'd love it if they made some different designs for her, though.

For me I'll take the response for it's word and see if they do arrive by the end of the year, but it doesn't return the hope I've lost and I still find myself on the side of pessimism. I just hope I'm wrong and they do make it in before the time they previously said is up.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that one. Also when you seduce a certain npc, she says "you two have fun, I'd join in but she's a little sweet for my taste". You can easily just take that as a general comment, but when you take all things into account I can't help but at least smile and use my imagination :p

I understand that it's still not a fact though....you can take anything Kailyo says and twist in a lot of different ways. I choose to believe she does like her ladies, even if they game isn't outright telling you.

Hi folks, I'm here to give a quick update to this issue. It's not much, but we actually do not have any new information to share with you at this time. Should that change, I'll be more than happy to update this thread!

Thanks for your patience and thank you for supporting the game! As I mentioned in the email to Uluain, we really do appreciate your discussions on here and we are definitely keeping tabs.

MTFBWY

<scratches her head> The ''quick update'' is that there is no news?

Communication seems to be hard... if you meant ''we're working on it'', then type the letters ' w, e, spacebar, a, r, e, spacebar, w, o, r, k, i, n, g, spacebar, o, n, spacebar, i and t'. Try it out, it's not complicated!

If you meant ''but we're too busy with f2p'', then type that. If you meant ''it's comming in 2012'', type that. But just saying that there is no news ?!? What does that even means?

If this is the best you can do, after yet-another full thread of customers asking about it, you're int he wrong line of work.

Well, in his defense, what word he has I had just posted from his email above. I had suggested, though, that the occasional update even of the no-news variety would be better here than in private emails or messages, as those can't be found by the BioWare icon or in the dev tracker. I agree there could have been a bit more in his reply, however.

It's hardly his fault, is it :p

True...still, I would have preferred to have married his sister. Besides, I LIKE red as a color....even though I tend to play Chiss as a race more than any other.

I do think that the "best" compromise would be to have a, um, sexual orientation switch in the Preferences panel that would allow us to switch the entire interaction run for our character.

Well, I'm not going to swerve either way in my opinion until I hit January 2013 and there still is no sign... or until the world blows up in December. At that point I'll probably be a bit irritated.

As it is, I pay very little attention to in-game romances at the moment, mostly because it limits my RP choices to factor them in. Going by the agent romances stops me from living out my headcanon (in which both my male LS and DS agents - one bisexual and one leaning much more toward gay - are in a power-struggle romance involving agent-y things like headgames and mutual stalkerism) since it doesn't really allow any hint that the Male PC might be up for guys anyway.

As for bisexual companions, there are definitely some hints. I mean some I just couldn't see, but certain characters like Kaliyo and maybe even Doc (overemphasis on women hiding bisexual inclinations out of insecurity?) I can definitely see it.

Hi folks, I'm here to give a quick update to this issue. It's not much, but we actually do not have any new information to share with you at this time. Should that change, I'll be more than happy to update this thread!

Thanks for your patience and thank you for supporting the game! As I mentioned in the email to Uluain, we really do appreciate your discussions on here and we are definitely keeping tabs.

MTFBWY

wooooow, I can't believe it, they know we exist!!!haha. well, i haven't been around for some days and now when i've seen the developer sign by this thread's title in story and lore, i just thought, oh my god, yeah!!!! but then... well, at least they didn't say "sorry guys, you'll never see this in game", so we just gotta keep waiting soooo patiently.

Honestly, I think they are saving this for some important expansion. This is more attractive than we could imagine and could bring lots of new players if well managed.

Sexual preference toggles are... not my favourite thing in the world.

That is to say, I find the idea insulting and effectively futile. They're attempts to compromise with people who are immune to such.

To me it's the best compromise....but that doesn't mean I like it either.