Price of New Expansion Pack

Enderet

Don't you realise how ridiculous some of the things listed in there are?

Some has truth to it, but they have already said no to Ewoks, in-fact it's been a long time since they said no to Ewoks. Luke's speeder is complete BS, the Monkey Lizard might be a pet, but really, they'd sell all of the mentioned content and 90 days gametime for $9.99?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs

Edited by Rayla_Felana

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you realise how ridiculous some of the things listed in there are?

Some has truth to it, but they have already said no to Ewoks, in-fact it's been a long time since they said no to Ewoks. Luke's speeder is complete BS, the Monkey Lizard might be a pet, but really, they'd sell all of the mentioned content and 90 days gametime for $9.99?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs

These were online almost a month ago. Someone just happened to make up the content that was announced today?

Maybe this is just me..

but where is the cool stuff they offered like progress on our own story, maybe our companions no word on that?

New companion really an old one they removed a few weeks after the games release or during beta for the Sith Inquestor

So two new flash points, one wz point is a expansion?

So, you saw the trailer, you read the few tidbits that were said about it. Now the big question, how much will you be willing to pay for it and why?

I would only pay $9.99, but nowhere near the normal $40 for a typical expansion pack. Why? Because its not Cataclysm, its not BC, it seems more along the type of content we get/expect from any new update patch. They havent even released Nightmare Mode EC, there is still no ETA on it, and yet, they are already getting ready to push out a whole new tier and operation.

BTW, this concept is not entirely new... and Everquest 2 started it with their "Adventure Packs," that cost $4.99-7.99 USD. The surveys that made the rounds around the internet in the last few weeks (which for the most part, proved to be real), listed the level cap raise as being of 2 levels.

For those that havent seen the trailer:

Thats what I love about Americans. They always think someones out to get them. Relax, it's free.:rolleyes:

plz if you dont believe that you will have to pay for plz plz just click on this link

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/view?pli=1&sle=true

nobody nobody gives anything that they have to pay people to make away for free

You could make the same argument about multiple things that have been released since, but they were all free, this content was planned out months and months before any of it was meant to be released, this has no signs of being a paid expansion pack, not even close.

You could make the same argument about multiple things that have been released since, but they were all free, this content was planned out months and months before any of it was meant to be released, this has no signs of being a paid expansion pack, not even close.

and there are also no NO signs of it being free none at all

when was the last time a multi million dollar comp gave you anything for free?

plz answer that!!

Agreed. Looks like 1.4 to me (which they said would be content heavy).

IF it is a paid expansion I'd pay but no more than $9.99. Unless there is a LOT more content involved than it looks.

But yeah... I'm fairly certain it is the contents of patch 1.4. Paid for expansion will make it 2.0 and we already know 1.3 & 1.4 are coming this year. So calm down people... I'm not sure why people these days have to get all bent out of shape. be excited for the new content! huzzah!

I think they are testing the waters and judging the reaction of the subs to the news. They will see just how far to push and gouge a response/price.

If there is a way for them to charge expect them to try, only if we choose not to will it effect EA.

plz answer that!!

Bad example is bad.

Every content patch since the game was released?

This is nowhere near the size of an expansion pack, not even close, 2.0 will be the expansion pack, no earlier, that is how it works.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

I would pay £0 for it, given that we're already paying a monthly subscription.

If they need to start charging people to play new content this early then there really is no hope for this game.

Thats because hk47 is coming in update 1.3. The stuff in the survey is the stuff coming out by the end of the year, and by the looks of it, they are trying to figure out how much to charge for it.

It's HK-51 and where did you hear that he was coming in 1.3? James Ohlen's little 1.3 video didn't include HK-51.

Thats what I love about Americans. They always think someones out to get them. Relax, it's free.:rolleyes:

Please, keep personal jabs out of this thread. Singling people out based on nationality has no place here. Lets have a serious discussion. A thread like this could actually help Bioware. If they really did hire a company to conduct a survey about the expansion and its price, why not give them the information they want for free, right here on the forums.

Please, keep personal jabs out of this thread. Singling people out based on nationality has no place here. Lets have a serious discussion. A thread like this could actually help Bioware. If they really did hire a company to conduct a survey about the expansion and its price, why not give them the information they want for free, right here on the forums.

Lol thats because 3/4s of the world is out to get them

plz answer that!!

I'll give you two examples off the top of my head: City of Heroes and EVE Online. EVERY Issue/Expansion is completely free of charge. No box, just download.

EQ and EQ II have lost out in the past because of their constant ripping off of customers who already pay a sub to play it. Same can be said for WoW, since I know quite a few people who resented having to pay Blizzard for big expansions when they were already paying Blizzard's employees' kids college tuition and then some.

Free Content Expansions are the wave of the future. That's how it is. Can't fight it, so just go with it.

Where did you ever come up with the idea this is an expansion pack?

Its all content, slated for release "sometime this year".

Bioware is releasing content to keep people paying for the game after they hit level 50. It just makes sense- when you reach the current level cap you will know.

It is all appreciated additional content, some of it more than other, but it will do little to stave off the population bleed. More content outside of the standard click it until its dead would go a long way to keep people interested, and even bring in more players.

I hope they finally release a pod racing addtion, with customizable appearance, engines, uniforms and accessories. Things like that would really improve game retention.

I won't even go into 3d space, as that is so obviously a desired component.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. :eek:

But seriously, I'm American, and I don't care if people are "out to get us". I already know this expansion is free. lol

If you actually read the google doc survey posted in this thread youd see that the content they announced today, new planet, cathar, and level cap increase, are in every package option choice and under each package it says, "How much would you pay for this expansion?".

If I was EA, I would be promoting new content too, however, seeing how pissed customers are atm with the game, perhaps its not the best time to tell people "Despite the games problems atm, we are planning on making you pay for new content this year."

People are having a hard time justifying 15 dollars a month atm, perhaps they dont want to break it to us just yet..

Which leads to the question is this real? Has it been confirmed to be sent by Bioware or is this one of those if it is on the internet it is true things? Do we have a scource from where this game from yet that has been varified by a reliable scource?

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. :eek:

But seriously, I'm American, and I don't care if people are "out to get us". I already know this expansion is free. lol

Almost a month ago, this leaked onto the internet. It lists different SKUs and price points, for a package that includes most of the content announced today.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/edit?pli=1

Which leads to the question is this real? Has it been confirmed to be sent by Bioware or is this one of those if it is on the internet it is true things? Do we have a scource from where this game from yet that has been varified by a reliable scource?

If you google Magid, whose name is listed on the google doc, you can see that they have been working with Bioware since pre-release. Also, if someone did make it up, then... they had some sort of inside info, because they called it the Makeb Mission, and knew about the Cathar, etc.

people have asked on twitter, DMs and on here. If it was going to be free, then they would come out and tell us, and be very vocal about it. They would pat themselves on the back saying how great it is that they are giving us all this free content/increased level cap. They are not doing that. They are remaining quiet. Their silence means only one thing.... they are charging for it, and don't want to cause an uproar to dull the E3 hype. Edited by Agarwaenn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.