Anyone else feel bad for the opposing faction?

lijahrobinson

On my server our side is about 3 time larger than their side. It was somewhat balanced at launch but as the months have gone by the gap keeps growing. They have 2 or 4 premades that they get rolling that can be competitive and can post several wins (and by premade i mean a full 8 players because so few people are queuing up on their side that they can get them all in) but most of the time, if its not one of these groups, we just smash them. Hard. There have been several new faces i've recognized on the other side and i know it has to be tough to rarely win.

That being said, I guess server transfers can't come soon enough. I wan't competition, not to constantly curb stop the otherside. I don't want them to quit because it feels hopeless, I want them to get even.

I feel bad for my own faction. Here's just a list of things that pissed me off yesterday.

1. Gunslinger infront of the door got ninja capped by a Shadow behind them.

2. We capped two points on a good Imp premade and the people at mid ran off the cap and got ninja capped from behind.

3. 3 people at a door in Voidstar and got capped while I'm guarding the other door solo. =/

I feel bad for my own faction. Here's just a list of things that pissed me off yesterday.

1. Gunslinger infront of the door got ninja capped by a Shadow behind them.

2. We capped two points on a good Imp premade and the people at mid ran off the cap and got ninja capped from behind.

3. 3 people at a door in Voidstar and got capped while I'm guarding the other door solo. =/

Lol I was in a Voidstar and told my mara friend to just kind of run around at a decent range from the right door as they had 2 sage's guarding it...After a quick ninja on the door we could not stop laughing as they were within an arms reach of me the whole time...priceless.

I do. I started on repub. After a week or two of frustrations I rolled imperial. Back during the ghoul event, I went back to my original pub. The q's were much more infrequent and it was painful when they did.

In 10-49 bracket, the only way I can get a win seems to be in a mixed huttball. When pvp required wins, my daily was a weekly.

On my server the Republic was getting pushed around by all the horde play cowbell imps that kil ltraded on Illum for gear. Then as repub caught up with gear, many imps disappeared.

Now that repub are getting WH gear and getting better at PUB'ing, many more imps are not que'ing.

Too funny to see the mouthy EMO babies get a smack down suddenly stop que'ing for WZs.

Imps just can't take what they try to dish out.

My last game last night was a Civil war where we three capped the other team. With the score about 600-200, 3 of the imp players strolled up to the turret I was holding and said "white flag". We chatted for a min or two, andf I kind of felt bad, so I let them kill me a few times then i let them cap the node.

Never. Leveling my character the Imperial players were some of the biggest jerks I've ever encountered on the internet. Now I murder them in war zones on a daily basis. I don't feel bad for them. Never have. Never will.

No, because it sounds like my server is the only one where the Imperials are having trouble completing their weeklys against the Republic. I do have a guildee who feels bad for the Imps, but he is a big wuss. *cough* Meiko!

I pvp quite a bit on The Harbinger. Lower level brackets seem fairly balanced, probably because there are no apparent premades for that. As an imp, we have a lot more players in the 50 bracket but the pubs got it going on. They seem to be a bit more organized and form up premades more often. The competition is pretty fierce. I often feel bad for our side even though we outnumber them. Weird, huh?

Fortunately, warzones on The Harbinger is in a good state. Queues are in good shape, rarely is there a long wait, even on monday mornings. :)

Some of the top pubs on my server started queueing in recruit gear on purpose, to even the odds for our imperial guys. At least they have a vague chance this way, and we really don't want them to become extinct.

I personally felt bad a couple of times, i attacked an imp, blasted my highest crit ever /7600 around/ and then realised this was a poor fresh player with 12k health. I felt sorry, i want a competition, not random executions in 2-3 hits.

The faction with the fewer players typically has a higher skill level. This is usually out of necessity.

Take WoW as a fantastic example. For about 18 months, the Alliance outnumbered the Horde on nearly every server. As a result, the Horde players found themselves subject to "ganks" more often. This increased exposure to PvP lead to Horde players getting better, faster.

Sure, you can argue that OMG IT WAS THE SHAMAN, THEY HAD SHAMANS!! Sure, they did, and every single Horde player could tell you exactly how to clown a shaman in PvP. It was a non-issue.

Same thing goes for this game. Reps get into WZs faster on most servers. Thus, a greater exposure to PvP, a smaller group of players that become familiar with one another. The end result on those respective servers is that, the Imps have a PUG in a WZ, the Reps have what amounts to a pre-made...every time.

I pvp quite a bit on The Harbinger. Lower level brackets seem fairly balanced, probably because there are no apparent premades for that. As an imp, we have a lot more players in the 50 bracket but the pubs got it going on. They seem to be a bit more organized and form up premades more often. The competition is pretty fierce. I often feel bad for our side even though we outnumber them. Weird, huh?

Fortunately, warzones on The Harbinger is in a good state. Queues are in good shape, rarely is there a long wait, even on monday mornings. :)

We have 2 or 3 of these groups that can and do win but they are too few and far between.

Shoot give them extra comms, give them extra cash for playing (or something based on faction imbalance) or bonus experience. H3ll, i am at the point that i would be fine if they got some BM gear just for dinging 50. I just want WZ vs the other faction to be more competitive and with that, fun. I want the rivalries that we had back during the first few months of launch.

We have 2 or 3 of these groups that can and do win but they are too few and far between.

Shoot give them extra comms, give them extra cash for playing (or something based on faction imbalance) or bonus experience. H3ll, i am at the point that i would be fine if they got some BM gear just for dinging 50. I just want WZ vs the other faction to be more competitive and with that, fun. I want the rivalries that we had back during the first few months of launch.

Easy fix. Roll back 1.2 PVP changes and fix what needed fixing instead of revamping the entire dynamic of pvp to be a gibbfest. The should also probably segment the 10-49 into at least 2 brackets..like 10-30 and 31-49 or something. Pitting level 15 people against 40's people is just not a fair fight. Bolster only does so much when you don't have the skills/abilities/gear to match.

On my server the Republic was getting pushed around by all the horde play cowbell imps that kil ltraded on Illum for gear. Then as repub caught up with gear, many imps disappeared.

Now that repub are getting WH gear and getting better at PUB'ing, many more imps are not que'ing.

Too funny to see the mouthy EMO babies get a smack down suddenly stop que'ing for WZs.

Imps just can't take what they try to dish out.

Heh, you on my server?

I was feeling sorta bad on Sunday, though, when it seemed like we were three-capping every single Civil War and winning 100-0 Novares with Mr. 1 Million afk for most of the match...

Hardly any Pubs PvP on my server anymore. I rolled a Pub toon to help out a bit, but it's pointless when you sit in queue for over an hour and then just get destroyed when the queue finally does pop. The gear gap continues to widen as the Imps get to PvP 2-3x as much.

On my server after the January 15th patch and the craziness of Illum valor farming my whole guild rerolled Repub. They were outnumbered about 5 to 1. In time it's dwindled to 2 to 1 but because just about every guild on Repub has merged with each other we win just as many if not more than we loose.

I wish you all to find a server where both sides are competitive, nothing more fun than that.