Thanks for the apology

kninekaji

As another person involved in the incident, I agree that it never should have gotten to the point that it did; obviously, someone in Bioware's chain made a big mistake. But it seems that Bioware fully understands this, and is making a good faith effort both to own up to the mistake, and to apologize. I'm not sure what more could be expected of them.

A company taking the time to call the homes of and apologize to every member involved in the operation is quite frankly unprecedented in my gaming experience.

To sum, yeah Bioware screwed up bad. But their response to the screw up was carried out with forthright honesty and integrity.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As another person involved in the incident, I agree that it never should have gotten to the point that it did; obviously, someone in Bioware's chain made a big mistake. But it seems that Bioware fully understands this, and is making a good faith effort both to own up to the mistake, and to apologize. I'm not sure what more could be expected of them.

A company taking the time to call the homes of and apologize to every member involved in the operation is quite frankly unprecedented in my gaming experience.

To sum, yeah Bioware screwed up bad. But their response to the screw up was carried out with forthright honesty and integrity.

You will get a call from a robot apologizing...

You will get a call from a robot apologizing...

He was hardly a robot. Actually a really nice guy. Took down everything I said and passed it on to Joveth and anyone else who were paying attention on the BW team. We discussed real problems. One thing when you finally get a voice thats heard you take good advantage to relay the problems that need to be addressed. I think we nailed it and hopefully things are better from here on out. Bioware have answered and world pvp on a pvp server trumps all ToS claims from the players who don't like it. Perhaps you may even see an official post from Joveth regarding this very soon. If not the fact they admitted the CS droid was out of line is an unwritten answer that, yes, its ok to base camp. The only thing thats ever been frowned on is camping a medcenter and stopping someone from doing what they want to do.

What I would like to see is Bioware giving CS reps the go ahead to throw all "reports" from players whining in the trash. Save them trouble of having to sift through all the bs. The only thing CS should have to worry about on a PVP Server is reports of medcenter camping IMO. The rest is just wasting their time.

He was hardly a robot. Actually a really nice guy. Took down everything I said and passed it on to Joveth and anyone else who were paying attention on the BW team. We discussed real problems. One thing when you finally get a voice thats heard you take good advantage to relay the problems that need to be addressed. I think we nailed it and hopefully things are better from here on out. Bioware have answered and world pvp on a pvp server trumps all ToS claims from the players who don't like it. Perhaps you may even see an official post from Joveth regarding this very soon. If not the fact they admitted the CS droid was out of line is an unwritten answer that, yes, its ok to base camp. The only thing thats ever been frowned on is camping a medcenter and stopping someone from doing what they want to do.

What I would like to see is Bioware giving CS reps the go ahead to throw all "reports" from players whining in the trash. Save them trouble of having to sift through all the bs. The only thing CS should have to worry about on a PVP Server is reports of medcenter camping IMO. The rest is just wasting their time.

Atleast you didn't get a robot. Hopefully That GM is fired and Joveth is replaced with someone who knows how actually address the community.

Glad your situation was resolved and the fact that Bioware does not have full control of their CS staff was brought to light.

Atleast you didn't get a robot. Hopefully That GM is fired and Joveth is replaced with someone who knows how actually address the community.

Glad your situation was resolved and the fact that Bioware does not have full control of their CS staff was brought to light.

I would never wish a firing of anyone in this game. Its a game. He made a mistake. If anything hes probably terrified to lose his job at this point. I hope he still has one. Actually I hope, even though i don't know, that the CS rep asked to call me is the CS rep that created the issue on Hoth. That, to me, most likely is what happened. People are quick to jump here but alot of things were brought to light on BW's side that were overlooked. ToS, CS rules and use of their power, proper handling of such posts in the future, policy, communication & server logging. They are also seriously looking at PVP Server rules VS ToS rules which has some grey areas. As big as a mistake it was BW is the type of company that will make sure it doesn't happen again. Policies are guaranteed to be changed on their end to be sure that holds true. To anyone who thinks otherwise, well, they are simply trolling imo.

Edited by kiroshei

Look unless theres an actual post by BW admitting their mistake then I am hardly going to believe just another person on an internet forum.

Open world pvp takes place on TOFN all the time and nothing of the sort ever happens

This is confusing considering they did admit the mistake.....

If it did then fair enough.

But its a bit much to go around spamming they have banned world pvp when this clearly isnt the case.

Click the thread link in the very first post. Read through it or skip to the end where the Dev posted 3 times.

I would never wish a firing of anyone in this game. Its a game. He made a mistake. If anything hes probably terrified to lose his job at this point. I hope he still has one. Actually I hope, even though i don't know, that the CS rep asked to call me is the CS rep that created the issue on Hoth. That, to me, most likely is what happened. People are quick to jump here but alot of things were brought to light on BW's side that were overlooked. ToS, CS rules and use of their power, proper handling of such posts in the future, policy, communication & server logging. They are also seriously looking at PVP Server rules VS ToS rules which has some grey areas. As big as a mistake it was BW is the type of company that will make sure it doesn't happen again. Policies are guaranteed to be changed on their end to be sure that holds true. To anyone who thinks otherwise, well, they are simply trolling imo.

I appreciate your ability to express yourself thoughtfully throughout this whole ordeal.

I am not so sure there is a gray area regarding violation of TOS by a player playing within the rule-set of a PVP server. I say this because a player is unable to create a character unless you accept the disclaimer that your gameplay experience can be hindered by other players on the PVP server (can't recall the exact wording). To me it falls back to the designers/developers: if they don't want players camping a rez point, they should design the necessary safeguards to prevent this from happening.

While many things were "brought to light" (and that's a good thing), it doesn't inspire confidence when it takes an issue like this to help BioWare see what they should have anticipated in the first place. And the lack of proper communication between departments? Not really something I would expect from BW. I realize that is my expectation but I don't see it as unreasonable.

I actually think thats a good response from bioware.

They admitted the mistake and said the players involved will get direct apologies.... Cant ask for more than that if a mistake happens.

Seems fairly obvious that the CS guy has tried to cover tracks or something (given the log checks)....

Do you understand how bad is for a company to say they customers lie, and to POINT a finger to one and even call it by its name, when they DO NOT HAVE the real proves for that?

Do you understand they put they own terms on the contract for the service and they employes are VIOLATING that terms?

So no, a simple apology and a kiss for make up doesnt solve anything, it only show how much they lack in customer service, and if they use the user name on the post calling him out for lie, they should have apologize adding his name on the public forums as well.

this just show how bad is they customer service and how much they lack a public relationships manager..

please BW when you employ someone, made him know the contract and please get a good community manager

you guys need lots of work in the game and your social skills as a company.

Edited by mikphobos

Do you understand how bad is for a company to say they customers lie, and to POINT a finger to one and even call it by its name, when they DO NOT HAVE the real proves for that?

Do you understand they put they own terms on the contract for the service and they employes are VIOLATING that terms?

So no, a simple apology and a kiss for make up doesnt solve anything, it only show how much they lack in customer service, and if they use the user name on the post calling him out for lie, they should have apologize adding his name on the public forums as well.

this just show how bad is they customer service and how much they lack a public relationships manager..

please BW when you employ someone, made him know the contract and please get a good community manager

you guys need lots of work in the game and your social skills as a company.

From what some of the guys involved are saying they were even called. they have apologized enough said

A game with "1.3 million" subscribers (more like 750k now . . .) has enough resources that the investigation should NOT have failed. That is just scary.

But then again . . . they couldn't even anticipate the need to code server transfer functionality, despite their previous MMO (Warhammer Online) suffering greatly by making the same exact mistake . . .

A game with "1.3 million" subscribers (more like 750k now . . .) has enough resources that the investigation should NOT have failed. That is just scary.

But then again . . . they couldn't even anticipate the need to code server transfer functionality, despite their previous MMO (Warhammer Online) suffering greatly by making the same exact mistake . . .

Actually. I think its pretty hard to grab the log for /say. General chat is alot easier for them to get a log from. It took the additional posts showing the exact time and locations for them to finally find it all. Even with exact time and location I can only assume that the /say chat is still very hard to find. Now, should they have asked for exact times and places before jumping the gun? Definitely. This has already been discussed through the phone call I had. I conveyed to the CS rep to be sure next time they ask questions first and not just go with it. Lots of things were handled badly. I like to focus on the positive and not the negative though. So I will continue to do so and hope this never happens to another player again in this game.

This is the only instance I've ever seen this situation occur.

One representative doesn't represent an entire company, and they came back every few hours with updates and apologizing once they realized they were wrong.

They lacked the logs and proof at the time, once they got it they apologized on this public forum, and apparently made calls to everyone involved.

No one is perfect. Things do happen. Apologies were given. It was all due to a GM doing something he shouldn't have, and he was dealt with.

What else do you want them to do? No one is perfect, and you shouldn't blame the entire company that is Bioware because one or two people have messed up.

Let it go; its over.

You guys should protest by all quitting the game forever. That will show em.

ya, but not over a thing like this.

i know myself, how mutch responsibility is in the hands of every single employe.

if only one went rogue like in this case, there is nothing what can be done, except what they have done.

this case is really a minor issue as it is caused by a single person acting against tos, not by BW at all and also not by CS at all.

There is other reasons to protest rage quiet this trash, but not this.