Official Q&A Thread for June 1st, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

is there a reason that the Republic has the unfair advantage of purchasing the Battlemaster Eliminator's Cannon?

http://www.torhead.com/item/2TxcubQ/...inators-cannon

which has the Advanced Adept Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/vPHhgd/a...enhancement-25

+24 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+37 Power

+51 Surge Rating

allowing the republic with the only battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it?

the mirror to this weapon for the imperials is Battlemaster Eliminator's Pistol

http://www.torhead.com/item/b3wGAFd/...nators-blaster

which has the Advanced Proficient Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/eTpCpHN/...enhancement-25

+40 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+51 Accuracy Rating

+20 Power

Currently, Imperials have no way of purchasing a battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it.

The only way for Imperials to get enhancments with power and surge on it, is by getting them from War Hero gear, which takes significantly longer to aquire. When Rated Warzones come out, this will give Republics a significant power advantage earlier in the season.

Its already hard enough to aquire War Hero Gear, let alone get a full set, and then buy more just to rip enhancments out of them.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you clarify in detail the working of the ranked and non ranked PVP, in particular the latest info that says ranked will be for 8man premades ONLY. The PvP community has remained patient waiting for this and we really need some concrete information now

Can you explain the decision behind making roots/slows ignore resolve, not even helping build resolve before the bar is full?

Does absorption rating change the effectiveness of the Sage/Sorcerer absorb shield skills? (Force Armor and the Sorcerer equivalent)

Hi I read somewhere that Black Hole Commendations will be rewarded to those that use the Group Finder, will pre-mades(guild) be rewarded as they won't need to use the GF in searching for groups?

Are the sound issues caused by 1.2 going to be fixed in 1.3?

(Background: In operations, after you have been playing for 'awhile', you begin losing sounds until you lose nearly all audio -- 'awhile' depends on the player but is typically 1-2 hours. Quitting the client and re-entering fixes the problem. There is a large thread on this in the CSR forum).

Me and a buddy that was helping me both had this issue on Belsavis the other night. It was horrible. I've noticed off and on a deterioration of this and then the visual started to have issues. I appreciate new features, but lets keep up on the ones already in game as well. I need my sound to play my game.

A lot of people are curious or concerned about specific details of confirmed upcoming features (1.3 or otherwise) that could make or break the features in the eyes of many. When you give us the ability to put hoods up and down, will the hood still be visible on the robe in the "down" position like it is on the Aspiring Knight's Vest? Being simply hidden instead of visibly down will break this feature for a lot of heartbroken roleplayers.

You have mentioned free character transfers and a generous system with regards to transferring your Legacy; moreover, it has been mentioned that you are working on improving your tech in order to provide the possibility of so-called "super servers". Therefore, is it possible that you will allow us to have more than the current max of 8 character slots per server in the near future, such as in 1.3 or soon after?

Many thanks!

Are you at a point with server transfers that you may be able to disclose what criteria will be used in determining which realms are used as destination realms? I am on Sanctum of the Exalted (US RP=PvE) and am curious if I should be looking to secure some names on other servers.

In regards to free character transfers, will you using these to address faction balance issues (ie. only allowing free transfers for republic characters to servers with high imperial populations or vice versa)?

Having played through 6 class stories, it has become clear that there is an intended order for the events of the class stories(as an example Bounty Hunter appears to be the first class to complete Corellia from what I have played), is there any chance that you will ever release a timeline of events for each planet in order to help make more sense of the current status quo on each planet?

Was there ever, or is there a chance that Sniping Imperial Agents could get a Sniper Mode that would allow the Sniper AC of the Imperial Agent to be somewhat of a true/actual Sniper? Perhaps this could include being able to move into a Scope Mode where we look down the Scope of the Sniper Rifles and doing different amounts of damage depending on where we hit on the body of the enemy along with if they are wearing Armor, perhaps including type of Armor.

I appreciate the clarifications for the upcoming patch!

Is there any chance we can get a definitive underlying criteria a player must reach in order to send out X amount of companions? Being an altoholic, I'd like to know what level/stage/etc to reach in order to send a particular amount of companions out. This way I can become a finely greased machine to help provide things for other characters if I know that it is within reach. Is this restraint relieved via progression of story chapter, character level, planet, or something I'm not looking into?

The ability to maintain a pvp group is something that many in the community have been looking for and many would like to have seen accomplished on or shortly after launch. Will this be implemented for regular Warzone queuing as well as Ranked Warzone queuing? As you may be aware it is extremely painful to try to for groups as well as get everyone queued properly so would like to see it in Regular Warzones as well.

Does damage absorbed by the tank of a guarded target count towards the total damage numbers recorded in a warzone. If so, are there any restrictions? Additionally, does damage done which is absorbed by a shield count towards final damage? Edited by Trixxar

Hello my question is now we have the color matching system but some pieces wont color match at all and others just use completely different colors altogether. 1.3 fix? or are some pieces not supposed to match on purpose?

As far as the Legacy Perks and unlocks go, can you explain why you chose to make them such a credit dump? An alternative would have been to simply make the Legacy Level requirement higher for an instant unlock rather than 1-2 million credits for each perk.

Thanks for your questions everyone! We are now locking this thread in order to select questions for our developers. Be sure to check the Q&A blog on Friday to see if your question was answered by one of them!