Official Q&A Thread for June 1st, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

Could you pretty-please-with-ice-cream-and-a-cherry-on-top give us an update on future customisation and account options for players and when we might expect these?

E.g., voice alteration toggle for us and companions, hood toggle for us and companions, hide head slot for companions, colouring/hue options for gear for us and companions, colour unify for companions, more character slots, changing character appearance in-game, changing character/legacy name etc.

Kind regards

llesna

Edited by llesna

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean this derogatory in any way. I absolutely love the game.

So after approximately 6 months, we are already working towards the 3rd major game update. What are your plans over the next year? How many more updates do you expect to have? When do you expect the first Expansion (Major Content Release) and is it already being created?

With server transfers in the works, will there be support for transferring guilds as well?

To build upon this, wil we be able to move the contents and credits if the guild transfers? Will it move with the Guild Master?

Will there be any plans to allow GMs to grant banking privileges to another character, be it on their or another person's account? I'm thinking like a Banking Officer, or Exchequer. What about mobile access, either at a spaceport or on one's ship? Will we be able to dispatch a banking droid or cargo pod that would let us access mats while on a planet or in an Ops or Flashpoint?

When will we be able to click on someone's name in the roster and be able to whisper them?

i know this sounds like im trying to cheat the system but is it possible to use the augment tables on augments I.E. adding augment slots to augments, and if so is there a limit to how many augments you can stack? Edited by DreksOrden

I play on a very low population server, and tonight we were getting frequent PvP pops for the first time in a while, since we had enough republic players to make two teams. Frequently, we would have 14 people in the warzone, but the teams would split 8 vs 6.

It seems much more common to have uneven teams if a group queued together, and the premade team would end up larger. It got a little contentious as the smaller and less coordinated team was on the losing end pretty regularly.

Could you explain the method used to form warzone teams? Does a group queue actually increase the likelihood of uneven matches?

I have a question about character transfers, it may have been asked idk.

If i have a class combination unique to my realms legacy, example: Cyborg Consular, and I choose to transfer it to a realm where that class race combo is not unlocked what will happen? Will i get a redesign? Will I get a free legacy unlock? A bypass? Or will i be unable to transfer that character?

Why at the 6th month point in this game are some class missions still insanely difficult to complete solo. This has been made worse by the medpack changes in patch 1.2. Specifically I'm thinking of the Imperial Agent fight with Darth Jadus but there are others.

A lot of great answers about how the system has worked to scale combat, and equipment.

The use of 'Instant' abilities, based on server and client side animation seems like the process, covering other kinds of ability use.

I have had a few setbacks, because of latency in the use of 'instant' abilities. At times it felt like the use of a light-saber required a bit more science behind the art. The latency issue caused delay, to update map locations, and felt like RTS or linear Diablo style game-play.

is there a change to function, in more independent form, from the statistical methods? It seems like the potential of any skill set, may balance out the different feel between how a light-saber functions; compared with the forms of the console environments.

I read alot on the new augment tables and how u need the augment kits, i know u can get them from RE orange crafted gear your lvl such as mk 6 is 49+, does the gear that you RE that is lvl 49+ HAVE to be orange, or can it be a regular old green gear like the synth boots that are green lvl 49 that synthweavers can craft?

This may have been asked and i missed it however i wanted to know if i do transfer a character from my server now i realize its been said that my legacy name would follow but what about my unlocks i have on it currently(example the buffs, light/dark V) if i choose to go to a more populated/PVP server i don't want to loss my buffs and other things i've bought or earned. If i was going to lose them i should've just rerolled along time ago. Edited by eugenesexton

In regards to the UI and particularly the crew mission crafting window, will there be an option to search for a particular schematic by name or by stat? I.E. Search for "elite" and you pull up all items that have elite in the title or search for "cunning" and you get all items that have cunning.

Additionally, will schematics ever get an "already known" tag added to them? It's rather tedious searching the GTN for new schematics only to buy one and find I already have it, or I pass by one I don't have because I didn't write that down. Currently, I have to keep a spreadsheet of all of my schematics which got tiresome a long time ago due to the shear number of them.

Will there be a change to the weekly rewards for PvP? Currently they give the same amount of commendations as a daily, but require much more effort to attain and become locked until the following week. Some people have suggested 300/300 instead of 99/99. Would you feel this is fair as well?

It's great to hear that Ranked Warzones are on track for 1.3, but there is a serious lack of Open World PvP and it's turning many people i personally know and many others away from the game. It's also great to hear that this was at least acknowledged by the dev team, and that they know they have a pretty healthy initial PvP population. Looking toward the future, is there any sort of information or hints that you can give the playerbase about future plans for Open World PvP or maybe just a confirmation that there is work going on to hammer out a working system?

In conjunction with the character transfers and server population issues, is there any likelihood of an increase to the amount of character slots per account per server?

I know we already have eight character slots and that should represent one of each class (both Imperial and Republic) but only of a specific advanced class (or all eight advanced classes but only of Imperial or Republic factions). Now I'm not asking for sixteen character slots, but in some cases I would like to replay certain story arcs and change my reactions at certain "decision gates." This was (and still is) a huge aspect to re-playability of the original Knights of the Old Republic (which I still go back and replay at least once a year - not to mention the other titles I go back and replay: the Mass Effect series, Jade Empire, the Dragon Age series, the Neverwinter Nights series, etc).

Specifically, speaking for myself and to give you an example, I love my Operative character, but I would very much enjoy to go back and play the Imperial Agent as a different species and as a Sniper without leaving the server that my guild is on. I know of others that would like to play the same class (though again as a different advanced class) but as a different gender to see the differences in story there. I believe that there may be more call for extra character slots than have been voiced on the forums, but it would allow players to remain in an active, well-populated server with people they know and typically group with. This could also go a long way to extend the Legacy experience by expanding the "Family Tree" and helping players maximize their Legacy Levels. Two extra slots could potentially be enough and hopefully wouldn't lend itself to server issues, though four would be exceptional. <hint>*cough*<hint>

And for the love of all things good in the multiverse, DO NOT charge us for extra character slots with a microtransaction. Microtransactions are the death knell of MMOs as a whole, especially well built and popular MMOs. They are the stuff made to make me Troll out. I hate the concept so much I shiver with rage to even "speak" the word.:w_mad:

The Legacy system currently allows you to create ties with perks and unlocks using your own characters on the same server. The thought crossed my mind that it would be cool if you could add the characters of another player to a 'joined' Legacy. This way, you could gain Legacy levels a bit faster if you work together. It also gives you a reason to befriend other players.

Did this idea cross the mind of the developers?

Edited by Anastre