Legacy What is it good for?

MoCarnage

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's even more annoying is in their recently video on 1.3 they claim the Legacy System was a massive success. No it wasn't and no it isn't. That's just one big marketing spin lie. It's currently useless and looks like it will continue to be with the high costs for the items in it.

300k for an extra 3 mins off the Quick Travel. 6mins in total at a cost of 600k. Who decided that was a good fing idea? 6 mins? Fools.

What's even more annoying is in their recently video on 1.3 they claim the Legacy System was a massive success. No it wasn't and no it isn't. That's just one big marketing spin lie. It's currently useless and looks like it will continue to be with the high costs for the items in it.

I laughed so *********** hard when I saw that.

During their ground breaking re-announcement of everything pointless coming in 1.3, the gem about legacy being a smashing success was probably the least truthful and most amusing part of the entire video.

Also, the fact that there hasn't been more than a dozen standard servers in a month, and there hasn't been a "Very Heavy" server in even longer, the entire clip of them scrolling through a list of standard servers was a complete crock of ****, the entire video is complete spin being put on what is a lackluster patch completely devoid of any new content.

I laughed so *********** hard when I saw that.

During their ground breaking re-announcement of everything pointless coming in 1.3, the gem about legacy being a smashing success was probably the least truthful and most amusing part of the entire video.

Also, the fact that there hasn't been more than a dozen standard servers in a month, and there hasn't been a "Very Heavy" server in even longer, the entire clip of them scrolling through a list of standard servers was a complete crock of ****, the entire video is complete spin being put on what is a lackluster patch completely devoid of any new content.

I agree PR Spin! :rolleyes:

The main problem with the Legacy system is that it came in nearly 5 months after release and it's sole purpose was to encourge people to make new characters....

Well, I'm pretty sure anyone who wanted to make a new character did so within those first 5 months. Then they release a system with the hopes that people to make new characters... again. Nevermind the fact that NONE of the new options can be applied to your existing characters. Want to change your Jedi Knight that you put so much time into a Sith Pureblood? Too bad, gotta reroll for that.

Not to mention that Legacy levels don't mean ****. I'm at Legacy lvl 50 and I still have to pay credits to unlock anything. And it's mostly silly fluff crap anyways. And this was after most of us spent millions of credits on retired mounts and White crystals.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot! I can add my characters to a webchart saying they are related to me and it has absolutely no affect whatsoever.

You're right, after the first 5 months all players of SWTOR joined and not only that, they all created all the alts they wanted. Now that no new players can play SWTOR after the first 5 months, no one will ever use legacy.

300k for an extra 3 mins off the Quick Travel. 6mins in total at a cost of 600k. Who decided that was a good fing idea? 6 mins? Fools.

^^This pretty much.

I mean seriously, the prices of the unlocks are completely RETARDED. I've been playing for 5 months now. Have a lvl 50 and a lvl 40. I currently have 50 000 credits on both characters.

Who on earth thought that 600 000 credits for a 6 minutes (lol) reduction in quick travel is a viable price ?

^^This pretty much.

I mean seriously, the prices of the unlocks are completely RETARDED. I've been playing for 5 months now. Have a lvl 50 and a lvl 40. I currently have 50 000 credits on both characters.

Who on earth thought that 600 000 credits for a 6 minutes (lol) reduction in quick travel is a viable price ?

You can get that money in 2 days and it's 20% cooldown reduction, dunno why it's not a viable price.

Re-posting from another thread :-

Just re-subscribed only to find the option to create a Red skinned (Lethan) Twi'lek on the republic side has been removed.

Please don't tell me this is to accommodate that ridiculous "Legacy System" thingy!

It seems every time I think of a character I want to create I find out I first have to level a character I have no interest in playing in order to "unlock" the option to create one I might actually like,

The removal of already existing features in order to justify what can only be described as a poor substitute for "end game" is never a good thing.

Legacy is good for three things:

1: The presence buff for companions, particuarly having got a human to 50 along with the companion type buff at 10k affinity.

2: Account cross faction posting: helps with crafting, particularly for schematics and purple craft materials (I have 2 50s and the rest are between 42 and 46 on one server with all craft skills covered). Useful for gearing up while levelling.

3: creating a soap opera in the legacy tree. Oh the plot lines have been immense! Marriages, children, break ups... I like to do this wearing a gingham dress and arranging a tea party my star wars minatures. I particularly enjoy pretending Darth Vader is Mrs. Nesbit.

The price sink for ship upgrades is ridiculous though. I agree with others that legacy levels should give a scaling discount or remove the cost altogether once a particular legacy level has been reached.

* Edited for butter fingers while typing on my mobile (Sigh- I'm so old and technology is just beyond me now)

Edited by FauxForksAche
butter fingers

Re-posting from another thread :-

Just re-subscribed only to find the option to create a Red skinned (Lethan) Twi'lek on the republic side has been removed.

Please don't tell me this is to accommodate that ridiculous "Legacy System" thingy!

It seems every time I think of a character I want to create I find out I first have to level a character I have no interest in playing in order to "unlock" the option to create one I might actually like,

The removal of already existing features in order to justify what can only be described as a poor substitute for "end game" is never a good thing.

As far as I knew, it was only possible in beta for testing purposes, but never in Live. Was it?

Edited by JeramieCrowe

^^This pretty much.

I've been playing for 3 months and I have about 30 mil. That's AFTER I spent well over 7 mil on Legacy unlocks.

Rocket Boots are AWESOME!! You poor little sucka :D

Edited by Ka-tel

Legacy........Huuuuuuh...what is it good for?..........absolutely nothin.......say it again....

wrong, legacy is good for make you lose interest in your first 50 and the second and the third and so on, to the point you are mentally and emotionally unestable and guilds just cant set a stable crew because you may be one day being a warrior and the next a trooper and the next a sage...

it also do a awesome job at make people not have any kind of attachment and identity as a faction

See legacy DOES do so many good thing for help sink the ship faster!

do dont ever say it doesnt do anything!

wrong, legacy is good for make you lose interest in your first 50 and the second and the third and so on, to the point you are mentally and emotionally unestable and guilds just cant set a stable crew because you may be one day being a warrior and the next a trooper and the next a sage...

it also do a awesome job at make people not have any kind of attachment and identity as a faction

See legacy DOES do so many good thing for help sink the ship faster!

do dont ever say it doesnt do anything!

LMAO!! I'm sorry, but this is just.... HAHAHA!!

If you're part of a guild that can't deal with and coordinate alt-players, find another guild. Seriously, it's not that hard at all.

Heheheh, that was a good laugh, thanks. :D

Firstly, I do agree that legacy is far too much of a cash sink and that costs have been greatly inflated beyond any reasonable amount.

That said, there are numerous benefits to legacy, such as:

• Species unlocks

• Presence buffs

• Crafting improvements for droids

• Reduced cooldowns on transports

• Shared character buffs

• Ship enhancements

• Ability to mail to alts on the opposite faction

Furthermore, though character-specific unfortunately, 1.3 will be bringing further additions to legacy, including:

• Extra exp for specific situations

• Speed improvements

• Greater companion affection gains

• And lots of other QOL things

I still feel that legacy unlocks are heavily overpriced, but to say it has no use is perhaps not quite true. Then again, maybe it seems to have less use for players who just want a single character and don't want to craft. For anyone with alts and who wishes to have more than eight characters within a single legacy eventually, legacy has plenty of uses... if you can afford them!

LMAO!! I'm sorry, but this is just.... HAHAHA!!

If you're part of a guild that can't deal with and coordinate alt-players, find another guild. Seriously, it's not that hard at all.

Heheheh, that was a good laugh, thanks. :D

glad you laugh, and while you may find guilds that ca handle the alts

most guilds Cant, and thats a fact, just because people its not stable, and dont even say people on this game is attach to one character as in other MMOS, in fact some of the deal with wow having so many subs, is that people is so attach to they years toons that they keep playing.

that sense DO NOT apply for this game, simply because you dont get to fully master one character when you are rolling other alt, and you say *snap this is better than my other toon * and dont even get me started with factions hehe

But i do agree some guilds can handle this fine.

sadly most cant.

Legacy is a great con by bioware to fool the masses. Every patch you can guarantee some new "highly anticipated" legacy features will be included but really they are doing this because the programmers at bioware are lazy. The legacy features are easy to program and there are an infinite number of small features they can add, that take almost no time to code, and then they tell us all how they are improving the game.

glad you laugh, and while you may find guilds that ca handle the alts

most guilds Cant, and thats a fact, just because people its not stable, and dont even say people on this game is attach to one character as in other MMOS, in fact some of the deal with wow having so many subs, is that people is so attach to they years toons that they keep playing.

that sense DO NOT apply for this game, simply because you dont get to fully master one character when you are rolling other alt, and you say *snap this is better than my other toon * and dont even get me started with factions hehe

But i do agree some guilds can handle this fine.

sadly most cant.

That's one thing that 1.2 did well, getting people who don't normally roll alts to roll alts. It may take a bit for them to adjust to playing more than one character, a bit of a learning curve if you will. I've been an alt-player for years. I'm attached to every character I make. That may seem unlikely to you, but it's true. And these new alt-rollers may come to realize this as well.

And they'll also learn fairly quickly how to coordinate. I'm in a guild full of long-time alt-rollers, and once you get the hang of communicating, it becomes easy.

id say the only sucess was the race unlcoks that people have taken advantage of (i have a chiss consular) and the legacy abilites that people will use but thats about it.

the gear is way to expensive as is the fluff items for the ship and cooldowns not one of my characters at lvl 50 even has 200k credits let alone a million and the dalies are fun to do once but then its a grind fest and bores easily.

id say the only sucess was the race unlcoks that people have taken advantage of (i have a chiss consular) and the legacy abilites that people will use but thats about it.

the gear is way to expensive as is the fluff items for the ship and cooldowns not one of my characters at lvl 50 even has 200k credits let alone a million and the dalies are fun to do once but then its a grind fest and bores easily.

Actually, I bought a full set of Legacy level 20 gear for my Trooper. Looks awesome. I looked at it, calculated the total cost (1.2 million), did all the dailies once a day (about 2 hrs a day) for four days, and voila, 1.2 million.

It's really not that hard. And I HATE dailies, usually. My guildies are surprised I'm doing them. Belsavis dailies are a chore, but the Ilum dailies don't take long at all, and the Black Hole dailies are actually kind of fun and quite repeatable.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Firstly, I do agree that legacy is far too much of a cash sink and that costs have been greatly inflated beyond any reasonable amount.

That said, there are numerous benefits to legacy, such as:

• Species unlocks

• Presence buffs

• Shared character buffs

• Ship enhancements

Furthermore, though character-specific unfortunately, 1.3 will be bringing further additions to legacy, including:

• Extra exp for specific situations

• Speed improvements

• Greater companion affection gains

• And lots of other QOL things

I still feel that legacy unlocks are heavily overpriced, but to say it has no use is perhaps not quite true. Then again, maybe it seems to have less use for players who just want a single character and don't want to craft. For anyone with alts and who wishes to have more than eight characters within a single legacy eventually, legacy has plenty of uses... if you can afford them!

all that you state on your post its very true, however you forgot to say its also USELESS

Species unlocks

this is the only remotely usefull one and its still questionable, since you have to roll a specie to 50 for unlock

• Presence buffs

this is preatyy useless once you hit 35+, its also something that only happen for people with Human characters

lol? i mean this should have be since the begin and not with legacy unlock, since you get the droid from the normal story not from legacy, this is just a fix for a mistake from the developers

this is not even significant and requires TONS of credits for unlock, its just really useless

• Shared character buffs

not bad, decent

• Ship enhancements

this is a joke, you need millions of credits for a mailbox, GTN, dummy, you cant even see your DPS on the game, and this other things are less that useless, since you will spend most of your time on the flee.. this is just another terrible design

This is something that was a must since SWTOR single game promotes you to roll alts, so this shoudent even be taken in consideration here, its like granted

When the legacy do make a REAL difference , then i will agree is nice and usefull, atm its nothing but a credits sink that its not even FUN to farm for, because other people cant even see it,

call me when legacy gives unique companions,pets,mounts,gear, **** that makes people be interested...

not just a money sink.

all that you state on your post its very true, however you forgot to say its also USELESS

Species unlocks

this is the only remotely usefull one and its still questionable, since you have to roll a specie to 50 for unlock

• Presence buffs

this is preatyy useless once you hit 35+, its also something that only happen for people with Human characters

lol? i mean this should have be since the begin and not with legacy unlock, since you get the droid from the normal story not from legacy, this is just a fix for a mistake from the developers

this is not even significant and requires TONS of credits for unlock, its just really useless

• Shared character buffs

not bad, decent

• Ship enhancements

this is a joke, you need millions of credits for a mailbox, GTN, dummy, you cant even see your DPS on the game, and this other things are less that useless, since you will spend most of your time on the flee.. this is just another terrible design

This is something that was a must since SWTOR single game promotes you to roll alts, so this shoudent even be taken in consideration here, its like granted

When the legacy do make a REAL difference , then i will agree is nice and usefull, atm its nothing but a credits sink that its not even FUN to farm for, because other people cant even see it,

call me when legacy gives unique companions,pets,mounts,gear, **** that makes people be interested...

not just a money sink.

One thing about the dummies: are you aware that BioWare added a combat log to file option in Preferences? Then you use a parser to read and parse that information and you can see what your DPS is, skill rotation dynamics, the whole 9 yards.

And yeah, most of Legacy stuff is just fluff. If you want to test on dummies, just go to Gav Daragon on the Fleet, there are dummies there.

Lots of people like fluff, though. And really, isn't it a good thing that you don't have to spend all those credits to be viable? Since it's all only fluff.

It may be "useless" to you (a game, by itself, is useless by definition), then don't partake. Obviously, though, LOTS of people appreciate it given the much higher percentage of alt-rollers compared to other MMOs.

Edited by JeramieCrowe