A Message from the Community Team

Can you tell us if you have a clue of How is it possible that guilds that had been in operation more than 5 years in the galaxies are closing now as if there is no future?

I mean, whose fault it is ? Why we can run heroics for 3 years everynight in a "dying and outdated game" but we can't stand in this new "shinny modern game" for more than a couple of months?

Friends since 2003 are now gone forever because we don't have the will for log in the game.

I think only you can answer that one to be honest. I didn't play Galaxies so have no idea what kept you logging into that game every night for 3 years doing the same heroics and not wanting to do the same thing in TOR. I suspect many of the community team didn't play or work on Galaxies either so that puts the owness back on you.

Why do YOU think it's happening? What do YOU think is lacking from running TOR instances for 3 years every night vs running Galaxies instances for 3 years every night. If you have the answer then feel free to add it to the Suggestion Box forum so that the new Product Manager can look at it when they're appointed. ;)

For what it's worth I feel your pain. My 5 year old guild collapsed after/during Wrath of the Lich King but I'm pretty sure I know what killed it and I don't think any Blizzard community representative could've told me.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think only you can answer that one to be honest. I didn't play Galaxies so have no idea what kept you logging into that game every night for 3 years doing the same heroics and not wanting to do the same thing in TOR. I suspect many of the community team didn't play or work on Galaxies either so that puts the owness back on you.

Why do YOU think it's happening? What do YOU think is lacking from running TOR instances for 3 years every night vs running Galaxies instances for 3 years every night. If you have the answer then feel free to add it to the Suggestion Box forum so that the new Product Manager can look at it when they're appointed. ;)

For what it's worth I feel your pain. My 5 year old guild collapsed after/during Wrath of the Lich King but I'm pretty sure I know what killed it and I don't think any Blizzard community representative could've told me.

different expectations.

SWG was my first MMO, and I didn't realize there's suppose to be content in MMO. i thought the game was a big chat room, where you can run around shooting durnies. it was awesome. we had hunting parties on yavin and dath. people died horribly because no one knew how to play, but rangers threw up those tent city things, and we sat around yapping for like 10 minutes after every wipe just to recoup - yet no one minded.

to be fair to ToR, i'm no longer the same gamer, and the same type of game play, while i think back on it with very fond nostalgia, i would never be able to stomach it now. WoW has shown me what a game with content is suppose to be like. I'm not saying WoW is great, or the end-all-be-all, but that simply they're the baseline now.

i think BW sold (marketed) the game as a WOW-killer, giving us the impression that it is wow, but better, and based on starwars, and not only that, voice acting, and promise of new content every month!

that's what they promised, and they didn't deliver.

I don't think anyone had a REALISTIC expectation that they were gonna be able to pull all that off. if they did, it'd be the proverbial "perfect game", and we all know that doesn't exist (except apparently D3 has been getting 10/10 ratings from all sorts of reviews). what we did have a right to, was clear communication from the devs on where they're headed.

i'm hoping this team shake up will change the way BW deals with customers. treat us as their bosses, not the other way around.

I know why , but I'm sure "the community team" of this game not. And that is why ask them. I ran heroics everynight in Corbantis till the very end of the server and then at Bria till they close the game at 2011.

8 years playing with only 5 months of /ragequit during the NGE fisco...but we came back as we loved the game so much that we gave it a second chance... WE LOVED SWG because we has always things to do , even when you was alone.

I'm a Euro player and used to play in a west coast server because my friends was from USA ...i cant remenber a day , not even when Corbantis was dying , with no people at any hour in the game. There always was someone at Mos Easly, at Restuss or grinding holocrons at Dathomir.

Here, I can log at 12:30 night in a Euro server , and be the only one at fleet. Because there is a point the log to the game is useless. This game doesnt has problems because population is low ... The problems are what is causing the population issues, and the main problem is boredom.

LFG, transfers and merges are just badages for a bleeding wound they need to close first. And better SOON™ than later.

Edited by _Zhatan_

Dear BW,

Not to be rude or anything but I have been following this game since Day 1. I have been playing since beta. I love the game, BUT...saying that this community/dev relationship thing will be happening in, "the coming weeks"? It needs to happen post haste. It needed to happen yesterday. Saying that you are still listening, but NOT saying you are going to be interacting is a problem. We need interaction. There were MMO fundamentals missing from your game for months. Prime example of a simple thing that needed to be in at launch was inviting players to a party from the guild list. The community could go on and on. Telling us you are listening, but not getting responses that are personal to us as people is disheartening. We don't need any more canned sounding PR responses. Speak to us personally in your responses.

Dear Community,

It's time to start speaking to the BW devs like people. People don't listen or respond well when you get angry and offensive. Start talking to the devs and not at them. Express your concerns without the vitriol. Let's try to make this an interaction as opposed to rage fueled diatribes.

Thanks

Thankyou for making this post Jovan letting us true TOR vets and new to the game peeps know what you have in store for us, and ignore the troll posts.

I'lll be looking forward to see what you have in store for us all in the coming months, and finally the transfer system I can't wait for. :)

Edited by Maccaz

To the trolls in this thread: You don't get to have it both ways. You can't call BW out for not communicating & them call them out again when they say OK, we need to change our approach & we look forward to opening better communication lines between us.

I've been right there with you with the displeasure. I've unsubbed. I'm waiting for features I want before I resub. But I can recognize an olive branch when I see one.

We all know what's happened in the past. We all know server populations have been decimated. We all know you're mad. Now either man up & be part of the solution or bow out & go do something else.

I look forward to threads not getting shut down because they tell the truth about the game. I look forward to Devs and Leads posting updates on the forums and answering threads instead of on Twitter. I look forward to a better community team.

Time's a' tickin'... you've already lost most of the serious raiding guilds (Condemned, Retribution, etc.). Please don't lose the rest of us. We want to play your game, but only if you give us something to play, and people to play it with.

If I might be so bold as to step over the line for a moment. You are to take this as "constructive"... in the spirit of keeping TOR alive and not as just more negativism.... you (Bioware) misjudged your audience.... they are not 9 year olds. Many have jobs and work a full day just like you and when they come to TOR they are looking for depth of experience. So why have so many left? Because there was not a sufficient depth of experience to hold them. There are two things that are needed soooon....content and an improvement in server population density (you may read that as 'server mergers'). Both of those will enrich the game experience. Much else could be said from memory leaks to unfixed bugs to gadgetry masquerading as content but mergers and real content must happen soon. This IS a great game. It would be a terrible thing to let it continue to slide.

Hi everyone,

I’ll start off by calling out the elephant in the room: yes, there was some restructuring here at the studio recently and we had to bid farewell to some of our colleagues and yes, we are all deeply saddened by this.

Their work and dedication to SWTOR will not be forgotten.

Here on the community team, we’ve had a bit of time to process this and we’re beginning to look towards the future of SWTOR’s community and what it means for you and for our team.

In the upcoming weeks, we’re going to be making a few changes and working on new initiatives in order to enhance our relationship with you, the fans, and with our developers. We’ll also be reintroducing the team so that you can get to know us a bit more.

As Greg Zeschuk mentioned in his forum post, we still have plenty of new, exciting content and features for the game, and we’re going to need your continued involvement and feedback.

Rest assured that the community team is still here, still listening: whether it’s here in our forums, on our official twitter account, one of the many fan sites, or the SWTOR subreddit.

Thank you all for your continuing support.

I have to pay to play your game. I cannot play your game anymore with my 50 since my server completely dead. Do the math, I am paying you for nothing. Good racket yall got going. The federal government might want to investigate yall for racketeering.

If I might be so bold as to step over the line for a moment. You are to take this as "constructive"... in the spirit of keeping TOR alive and not as just more negativism.... you (Bioware) misjudged your audience.... they are not 9 year olds. Many have jobs and work a full day just like you and when they come to TOR they are looking for depth of experience. So why have so many left? Because there was not a sufficient depth of experience to hold them. There are two things that are needed soooon....content and an improvement in server population density (you may read that as 'server mergers'). Both of those will enrich the game experience. Much else could be said from memory leaks to unfixed bugs to gadgetry masquerading as content but mergers and real content must happen soon. This IS a great game. It would be a terrible thing to let it continue to slide.

Rest assured that the community team is still here, still listening: whether it’s here in our forums, on our official twitter account, one of the many fan sites, or the SWTOR subreddit.

Thank you all for your continuing support.

does that mean you guys will finally acknowledge that THIS thread exists: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72909&page=56

Looking foward to having better communication with the developers. One thing I'm very eager to know more about is of course transfers. I have two level 50's on two seperate servers, both of which have suffered HUGE losses of population. My original intent was to move my original character to the server I currently play on, sadly the server I rerolled on has gone down the toilet much like the first.

I'm very very interested to know what this means for transfers, will I be able to move both characters to the same destination (for free)? Transfers are a feature many people are extremely eager to know more about, and the sooner the details are shared the better. Maybe I'm wrong, but how/where you intend to move players wouldn't require pts testing.