Update 1.3 revealed

Kovaos

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN: Most servers seem to be light or standard population density these days, are you considering implementing server merges in the near future so it’s easier for players to find group members?

Daniel Erickson: Character transfers for select servers are coming first and we are open to any and all options after that. The important thing is that players can play with their friends and with the type and size of community they enjoy.

Still isn't a priority getting people on servers they can play with others...sad days for us that loved this game. Who doesn't love playing on low population servers.

Character transfers is a step in the right direction. Question now is how much will it cost? Will my family be able to eat the week I transfer?

The other question is whether you'll actually be able to transfer to a heavily populated server, or if you'll be restricted to a few slight-less-dead servers.

The other question is whether you'll actually be able to transfer to a heavily populated server, or if you'll be restricted to a few slight-less-dead servers.

Good point. I can see Fatman crashing in a couple of days.

IGN: Most servers seem to be light or standard population density these days, are you considering implementing server merges in the near future so it’s easier for players to find group members?

Daniel Erickson: Character transfers for select servers are coming first and we are open to any and all options after that. The important thing is that players can play with their friends and with the type and size of community they enjoy.

Still isn't a priority getting people on servers they can play with others...sad days for us that loved this game. Who doesn't love playing on low population servers.

First off, 1.3 was always a 'features' update, which doesn't really concern PvP'ers unless one of those features is cross-server queueing.

I'm surprised they haven't said more on the issue of server transfers/mergers. People will continue to leave the game so long as there are loads of low-pop servers that get three WZ pops a day.

This is the video game equivalent of Waiting for Godot. This hasn't thrown me into an existential crisis (it's a game after all, but one I pay for monthly), but we subscribers need an update. Until then, I am contemplating hibernating my account unless those character transfers apply to me.

Lol, anyone else notice the video where they showed the server list as all being standard? I havent seen a server list that full in months.

Server transfers/mergers should be their #1 priority.

Its the same clip they've been using for monthes

Lol, anyone else notice the video where they showed the server list as all being standard? I havent seen a server list that full in months.

LOL yeah, I noticed that too! All servers were at least STANDARD and some were even HEAVY. I haven't seen a server list like that since February. Nowadays, 95% of the list is LIGHT.

Hey guys no worries 6 months from now when 1.3 THE DUNGEON FINDER releases, its gonna have a new pet and some tootightpants and a scooby do themed set of social gear!!!!! The devs are litterally frolicking in the fields...

Meanwhile, 12 people on fleet at primetime, no Wz q's, no content... and were all in to tier gear lol most of us with several alts... waitting for the DUNGEON FINDER THOU... ****... can't wait for that.

Edited by VoidJustice

And there is another question... Why i am forced to move on dead servers since they are for free and not move where i made my other 50s wich is the single server on europe with high population..i mean *** do i have to pay for transfer there since is not my damn fault because they literally destroyed the game? so now i am even forced to pay this ppl?

Edited by Terrorgirl

Hey guys no worries 6 months from now when 1.3 THE DUNGEON FINDER releases, its gonna have a new pet and some tootightpants and a scooby do themed set of social gear!!!!! The devs are litterally frolicking in the fields...

Meanwhile, 12 people on fleet at primetime, no Wz q's, no content... and were all in to tier gear lol most of us with several alts... waitting for the DUNGEON FINDER THOU... ****... can't wait for that.

Lol

Yes, LFG for useless instances for gear I don't need and PVE I don't want to grind, and dynamic armoring on social gear, is exactly what 50 PVPers what to see.

They didn't even have the dignity to throw a shred of meat to the PVPers. This is quickly becoming telling about how much competence the PVP design team has.

I hope there is even more in faction fighting because nothing gets me in the Star Wars mood like killing my allies. It's like in the movies when Luke killed Chewy for some points. Edited by Jeffor

Bioware is afraid to mention server merge...they think it will scare away people who might come to the game.

The game is failing! STAY AWAY!

DOOM!

Whatever. They won't need server merges soon. There won't be anyone left to merge.

And I got news for BW. It's not my fault my server went empty. It may not be theirs, but I refuse to pay for character transfers. Of course, my server actually says standard during peak time...so we probably would be transferred TO instead of FROM.

But just sayin...I won't pay for it. I will spend that money on a game I KNOW will be around this time next year. I am not saying TOR will fail...but I can't see it going on like this for long.

And I also agree that they should be releasing things often, rather than waiting for one large update every couple of months. I mean, 1.2 didn't really give us new content...so to this point, we have nothing new to do.

Something...anything is better than nothing.

Bioware is afraid to mention server merge...they think it will scare away people who might come to the game.

The game is failing! STAY AWAY!

DOOM!

Whatever. They won't need server merges soon. There won't be anyone left to merge.

And I got news for BW. It's not my fault my server went empty. It may not be theirs, but I refuse to pay for character transfers. Of course, my server actually says standard during peak time...so we probably would be transferred TO instead of FROM.

But just sayin...I won't pay for it. I will spend that money on a game I KNOW will be around this time next year. I am not saying TOR will fail...but I can't see it going on like this for long.

And I also agree that they should be releasing things often, rather than waiting for one large update every couple of months. I mean, 1.2 didn't really give us new content...so to this point, we have nothing new to do.

Something...anything is better than nothing.

I haven't been keeping count, but they mentioned that they fixed the audio how many times post 1.2? The fact that it is still broken is not only embarrassing for the developers, but it still happens to be extremely annoying for the players.

The crazy thing is that I'd rather have broken sound if that meant I had flowing warzone queues. This isn't progression; it's regression.

I haven't been keeping count, but they mentioned that they fixed the audio how many times post 1.2? The fact that it is still broken is not only embarrassing for the developers, but it still happens to be extremely annoying for the players.

The crazy thing is that I'd rather have broken sound if that meant I had flowing warzone queues. This isn't progression; it's regression.

One may even say it is suppression.