Problems with the Prequels

Mordegrus

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dooku had political power, but seemed kind of boring.

All he could do was stand there and block, strike, block, trike, zap, slice off arm, block, taunt, then start running.

Edited by Mordegrus

Then she still refused to even try to redeem her lover, who did everything to save her life? That's really stubborn and even heartless.

Have you ever been really freaked out? Like, do you have a phobia, or some major fear that makes you just lose control of your faculties?

That was the situation Padme was in. She wasn't thinking clearly (Emotion clouds judgement and all that.) and she made a rash decision. When she could think clearly, she just defaulted to the Jedi, because that's how she was raised.

Moving on to another point, why didn't Sidious (after revealing themselves to the Jedi) just get a group of Dark Side users, and exiled Sith together, and invade the Republic, like what the Sith Empire did (and it almost worked, if it wasn't for that pesky Revan).

Moving on to another point, why didn't Sidious (after revealing themselves to the Jedi) just get a group of Dark Side users, and exiled Sith together, and invade the Republic, like what the Sith Empire did (and it almost worked, if it wasn't for that pesky Revan).

Because of the Rule of Two, and because the Sith Empire led by Darth Revan and Darth Malak wasn't THE Sith Empire. It was an offshoot. Revan and Malak actually built their own Sith Empire while using the Star Forge. The overall plan, from what I've read lately, was for them to take over the Old Republic completely, then turn the might of their NEW Sith Empire against the actual Sith Empire.

No. Not in any way shape or form.

Maul would've been great as an over-arching villain.

In fact, here's an idea:

Completely change the character of Padme. Make her a Jedi Padawan (Eventually Knight) at the same level of Anakin. Devote some time to their training in the Temple, maybe even most of the first movie. Then, when Anakin falls in love with her, he has even more of a reason to dislike the Jedi way for not allowing them to be together. (This also gives Padme a more convincing reason to be hesitant to a relationship, other then "I'm a senator!")

Over the course of the Clone Wars, Anakin and Padme grow closer together in the midst of the conflict, and we see Maul (On the orders of Palpatine, of course) continue to antagonize Anakin. Eventually, in the last movie, (About half way though?) Palpatine manipulates the Jedi Order into attemping to assassinate Maul, and Padme is chosen as one of the Jedi sent to track him down. Palpatine then leads Maul to her, and tasks Maul with defeating her, torturing her, and using her pain to both draw Anakin to Maul's location, and bring him closer to the Dark Side. The stage is set for Papatine to truly see who would become a worthy successor to his legacy.

Throughout the fight, Anakin slowly turns to the Dark Side to best Maul, eventually defeating him by embracing the Dark Side. (Perhaps a duel of Force Lightning?) Anakin returns to Padme, and revives her, but she is disgusted with what he has become, and the hate and rage she can feel swelling within him. She rejects Anakin, (who is too stunned to react) and flees back to the Order, and describes to the council that the Anakin Skywalker they all knew had died in the battle against Maul, and that a monster had replaced him.

Anakin, twisting in the wind, turns to the only father-figure he ever had - Chancellor Palpatine. Palpatine then manipulates Anakin into thinking that the Jedi are the cause for all of his woes, and that their doctrine has completely brainwashed Padme. Anakin, confused and hurt, succumbs to both Palpatines argument and his mental ministrations, and joins him to become a Sith Lord. Palpatine soon springs Order 66, and sends Anakin to destroy the Jedi Temple.

Meanwhile, Obi-Wan has convinced the Council to send him to hunt down Anakin, and Padme has convinced Obi-Wan to let her accompany him. They are offworld when Order 66 is activated, and as such are not at the Temple or with the Clones when the massacre is initiated. They return to Coruscant to shut down the signal Yoda and Obi-Wan shut down in Episode III.

The Temple is a still-burning wreck. Anakin is seething with hatred in the smoldering ruins, consumed by his rage. Padme and Obi-Wan immediately feel the hate Anakin is emanating. They seek him out, easily killing the few troopers Anakin has yet to dismiss. They confront him, (Preferably in a location that has some significance to Anakin and Padme's training.) and the lightsaber fight to end all lightsaber fights begins.

Looong story short, Padme and Obi-Wan win. Anakin is cast into the fires burning at the base of the temple. As the fires die, Palpatine (keep in mind, here Obi-Wan and Padme don't know his role in this) retrieves Anakin, and the "suiting up" scene occurs. (No big NOOOOO) Padme and Obi-Wan retreat from Coruscant, hunted by the Clone Army. Months later, Padme delivers Luke and Leia, and dies due to complications.

The Jedi, (Obi-Wan, Yoda, and whoever else survived the purge) go into hiding, or are on the run from the nine-hundred billion strong (Because three million? Really?) Grand Army of the Empire. Episode IV is set up.

...... I think I went a bit overboard in this post.

I forget what it was called, but Dark Horse Comics did a series of "What If..." comics based around Star Wars. If I remember correctly, on one of them, Luke was killed by Vader and Vader corrupted Leia and made her his apprentice. Your story would make a pretty good "alternate timeline" comic...

Edited by Jaavik

Because even the Sith Empire failed.

Have you ever been really freaked out? Like, do you have a phobia, or some major fear that makes you just lose control of your faculties?

That was the situation Padme was in. She wasn't thinking clearly (Emotion clouds judgement and all that.) and she made a rash decision. When she could think clearly, she just defaulted to the Jedi, because that's how she was raised.

Well, Anakin still loves her, a lot. Then there is nothing to afraid.

The Jedi way is also about redeem someone rather than go back.

Edited by Slowpokeking

But the story includes the Clone Troopers.

The idea is kind of stupid; bounty hunter clones, allegedly ordered by Sifo-Dyas (a dead Jedi) to work for the Republic.

Really, and the Jedi allowed it?

Didn't they just discover the Sith were alive (with Maul)?

An entire army based off of the skills of a Mandalorian Warrior and programmed to follow orders? That seems stupid to you? If I were to try to create my own army within the Star Wars universe, I would definitely start here.

As far as Syfo-Dyas, I don't know if there is an "Expanded Universe" explanation of his involvement and why, but it's never really explained in the movies. Obi-Wan makes mention that he was under the impression that he had been killed. It's unknown if he WAS actually involved and was killed after or if Dooku was maybe using his identity to get this started. Remember that Jango Fett says he never knew a Sifo-Dyas and that he was hired by someone named "Tyrannus" (Darth Tyrannus=Dooku).

The Jedi had no idea it was being done, and remember that the data involving the planet Camino (where the cloners lived) had been deleted from the Jedi Archives by someone who had access (either Sifo-Dyas or Dooku when he was still a Jedi).

Yes they realized that the Sith were still active once Maul was discovered. The Sith work in the shadows at this point (which is why Palpatine wanted to have the Sith return to power under him). The Sith (at this point) work under "The Rule of Two" which means there is never more than one master and one apprentice (which has been made REALLY interesting in TCW since Maul is still alive and Sidious has already taken a new apprentice - which makes 3 official Sith, unless Maul being alive somehow invalidates Dooku as a Sith lord)

I think you're underestimating the extent to which Anakin had fallen by that point. He was half psychotic.

If you aren't watching The Clone Wars, I HIGHLY recommend that you do. They have done some REALLY good episodes covering moments of Anakin's darkness coming through. My favorite was when they captured the leader of the Geonosians and Anakin's apprentice was trapped on a ship that they had lost contact with, Anakin knew that the Geopnosian was involved and had information, he walked into the room, crushed the droid that was monitoring him and force choked a confession out of the guy, all while you hear the "Vader theme" playing in the background.

REALLY good...

Because even the Sith Empire failed.

What Sidious could have done, was not make another Sith Empire, but get more Dark Side users to his side.

Wouldn't it be cool, if in Episode III, an army of Sith battles an army of Jedi.

Although the cinematic Deceived shows that, it would be more epic if there was one in the Star Wars Movies.

NO ONE liked the prequels. They are universally hated by fans. Look up a review from a you tube or blog user, the response was mostly negative.

Interesting post.

I take it you haven't read anything else in here.

There are plenty of people who like the prequels.

That anger is what bothers me the most with him. He was suppose to love her yet he turned around and did what he did. And if he really loved her that much than why didn't he leave with her when he had the opportunity. She asked him to leave and he said no. He said he could make things the way "they(he)" wanted and they could rule the galaxy. It seems to me he was more interested in power than he was interested in her at that time.

Because Anakin believed that she was going to die and that the path he was on was the only way he was going to be able to save her. He was being ruled by fear. Palpatine knew what Amnakin was like and was using that to nudge him towards the dark side through fear, anger and hate. That's why he also lies to Vader about him killing her in his rage...

Well, in Episode III, how is it possible that Anakin turns to the Dark Side so easily, just because he had a dream about his wife dying(or giving birth)? Also, how can Jar Jar(who is total clutz) become a Senator, and have the authority to give Palpatine access to emergency powers? I personally think that the Prequels were rushed, and full of flaws.

(But hey, that's me talking.)

That's only one of the problems with the prequels. The character development was absolute trash. No one envisioned Anakin as a whiney, jealous brat. They all view him (before the prequels) as an honorable, calm, calculating jedi knight fallen from grace.

But, really, you're beating a dead horse. Its generally accepted that the prequels are nothing but CGI and couch scenes. Awful from start to finish.

If you aren't watching The Clone Wars, I HIGHLY recommend that you do. They have done some REALLY good episodes covering moments of Anakin's darkness coming through. My favorite was when they captured the leader of the Geonosians and Anakin's apprentice was trapped on a ship that they had lost contact with, Anakin knew that the Geopnosian was involved and had information, he walked into the room, crushed the droid that was monitoring him and force choked a confession out of the guy, all while you hear the "Vader theme" playing in the background.

REALLY good...

But it's not the real Movies!!

They are just the solutions to the problems made in the Prequels.

What Sidious could have done, was not make another Sith Empire, but get more Dark Side users to his side.

Wouldn't it be cool, if in Episode III, an army of Sith battles an army of Jedi.

Although the cinematic Deceived shows that, it would be more epic if there was one in the Star Wars Movies.

He did bring more Dark Side users to his side, secretly, but build an army of the Sith will bring too much chaos, compare to the clone army.

That's only one of the problems with the prequels. The character development was absolute trash. No one envisioned Anakin as a whiney, jealous brat. They all view him (before the prequels) as an honorable, calm, calculating jedi knight fallen from grace.

But, really, you're beating a dead horse. Its generally accepted that the prequels are nothing but CGI and couch scenes. Awful from start to finish.

I applaud you!

Order 66 made no sense whatsoever.

1.They had an order to kill ALL Jedi, and the Jedi didn't discover it?

2.Ok, even if they didn't discover it, couldn't they sense that the Clones were targeting them, and couldn't the Jedi hear the Chancellor telling the Troopers to, "Execute Order 66."?

Edited by Mordegrus

Order 66 made no sense whatsoever.

They had an order to kill ALL Jedi, and the Jedi didn't discover it?

Ok, even if they didn't discover it, couldn't they sense that the Clones were targeting them, and couldn't the Jedi hear the Chancellor telling the Troopers to, "Execute Order 66."?

They are focusing to take on the enemy. The ambush came from behind.

There are no "exiled Sith". There was a war among the Sith and since then, there are only ever two. There are Dark Jedi out there, but they aren't considered Sith. The Sith aren't an organized Empire all working for a singular goal. Dark Jedi aren't organized.

Palpatine wanted power. And a frontal assault between The Jedi Order and a rag-tag group of Dark Jedi (who don't necessarily want to follow a Sith, just don't follow the Jedi code) would be unorganized and Sidious would lose. His plan not only had power handed to him LEGALLY, but divided the Jedi (as Generals) among troops of clones under Jedi command until Order 66 was given and the clones turn on the Jedi (a platoon vs 1 or 2 jedi at a time), all while convincing everyone else that The Jedi were trying to seize power - divide and conquer