Population Estimates for the Top 20 US Servers

Scorpienne

The RP-PVPers are already crying. On the second round BW should give them a choice, go to a PvP server or to a RP-PVE server. Never are many RPers to start with in any game, and PvPers are not that numerous either. Double whammy for the RP-PvPers.

Hardly,on Ajunta Pall you can hit WZ's from 8 am to almost 2 am many days,the issue i have is that more would be better.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first round is set in stone.. do the right thing: tell them what you need for the second round.

I dont play on a RP server so I dont need anything.

Also how is it set in stone or are you just making up an excuse for bioware being lazy again.

How hard is it to add in what 15 RP servers and give them a destination server to goto? These people are suppost to know how to do this stuff and it cant be hard for someone who does this for a living, or atleast it shouldnt be.

But as long as they say its a huge undertaking to do then some people will just back them and say it is and take whatever they do. I can guarentee you if everyone put in their cancellation today and said its because they cant transfer tommorrow and have to wait for part two then somehow they would figure out how to do it in the next 12 hours.

Also how is it set in stone or are you just making up an excuse for bioware being lazy again. ...

The first round goes active tomorrow. It is way past 5pm CST... they have left the building, there will be no changes for the first round... which is going active TOMORROW.

STONE.

Maybe I missed what you meant? Is AJ a RP-PvP server? If not, I think we are on different wave-lengths from the thread.

Yah it is a RP-PvP server and so is Jung Ma and i forget the other one but if you look at torstatus those two are not too shabby population wise and if the three are merged they would become a heavy if not full server i bet.

Ah, more pseudo real numbers proving once again this game is on its way to obscurity. Unfortunately SWTOR is not the first game to do this and others will surly follow in its footsteps.

How many NA servers will be left in a year's time? 20? 10?

Edited by Evironrage

Allow me to share a small event

Prior to Diablogeddon, my server, Mind Trick, had a 1.40 average rating on Tor Status. (1 means virtually always light'')

http://www.torstatus.net/mind-trick/...ted/trends/60d

Looks how horrible this is....

And Mind Trick, meanwhile, have fallen from ''10th best US server'' to ''15th best server us''

Do you know how bad this is ? Of all the US servers, only 17 are not always light.

Of those 17, only 10 are often standard and plus.

That depress me to the point that I habe played like 3 or 4 hours over the past two weeks. I ''dread'' to log on to see the fleet. (I still not have a 50, thanks to two reroll because of dying servers...)

Well... fortunately BW is in the process of coalescing the server population onto fewer servers, and that should solve a lot of your problems, and a lot of other people's problems.

I can't wait to start seeing the changes in server population! Going to have to redo all of this. :-) Very exciting.

Paige

Now why is Fatman a destination server while its the highest populated server of its category, yet The Swiftsure is the highest populated of its category, and BW picks The Bastion as the first destination server for West Coast PVP.

I don't understand the way they think, its very inconsistent.

Out of curiosity I logged into an Origin server(Lord Leldis) to check its population.... My server Dark Reaper has a lower population than one of the servers selected for transfers away from... That's disheartening. :/

lack of a fix for the server population rolled out in masses put the nail in the coffin for me, enjoy your sinking ship.

What? Because not every server became available for transfers at once, that's going to make you cancel your sub? :rak_02: That is pretty crazy sir.

I still don't see why they decided that a full server should have around 3000 people. Based on studies calculated on WoW, on an average around 10% of a server's pop is online at a time. So, that's around 300 people on an average on a full server. That's very low.

Considering WoW's servers at the time of launch capacity was 24500 -25000 before it triggered que's. Think about that no multi phasing zones no caps per zone just flat out open until its full. This game capping pops at any given time to spread out pops is just a big fail. Seeing the listed numbers from the OP just points out the flaws in how things were decided on and implemented. The closed beta did a test of 65 k or so on one of the servers.

So one would think cut that back around one third to around 40 to 45 k as the capacity.But yet they capped the servers still long after the initial flux of people signing on way below the capacity. I just dont get the thinking behind the devs deciding this route. I understand to even out the crowds at start but to still have it in place long after the fact

Considering WoW's servers at the time of launch capacity was 24500 -25000 before it triggered que's. Think about that no multi phasing zones no caps per zone just flat out open until its full. This game capping pops at any given time to spread out pops is just a big fail. Seeing the listed numbers from the OP just points out the flaws in how things were decided on and implemented. The closed beta did a test of 65 k or so on one of the servers.

So one would think cut that back around one third to around 40 to 45 k as the capacity.But yet they capped the servers still long after the initial flux of people signing on way below the capacity. I just dont get the thinking behind the devs deciding this route. I understand to even out the crowds at start but to still have it in place long after the fact

Also keep in mind that the interwebs and server technology have come a long way from 2005 to 2012.

Which makes it even more baffling as to why they decided to do things the way they did.

Probably limitations of the Hero Engine.

Another reason why they can't have 16 v 16 Warzones which would have been pretty epic IMHO.

Probably limitations of the Hero Engine.

Another reason why they can't have 16 v 16 Warzones which would have been pretty epic IMHO.

Be even more fun if it was 32 vs 32 or even more ,after all starwars always showed hundereds of people going at it at one time....But you are right the limitations of the choice of engine may be the issue. Best Pvp experience of all time was in wow where 600-1000 of us where going at it hardcore in one area with more coming in. Server finally locked up and shut down. With the tech now server locking up would be well avoided.

You can't go by that website. Some light servers have a fairly good population regardless, and might be just below the standard designation. There are lots on the fleet when I log in at 1 am, and I have seen 80+ when I have played earlier. I have recently seen dozens of new characters on just hutta.

I think their estimates on what constitutes standard + are off.

Edited by Hambunctious