Dun lie ur dat guy

evilxpoptart

I refer to that one guy in WZ that has to state the obvious such as 2 left rest mid, stay at doors, pass the ball. Then proceeds to spew wz tactics to everyone. As if anyone was actually listening if it was the case my server would win more. Instead of typing you could be capping or healing or dpsing and my personal favorite when losing dancing. Just sayin dont be that guy.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refer to that one guy in WZ that has to state the obvious such as 2 left rest mid, stay at doors, pass the ball. Then proceeds to spew wz tactics to everyone. As if anyone was actually listening if it was the case my server would win more. Instead of typing you could be capping or healing or dpsing and my personal favorite when losing dancing. Just sayin dont be that guy.

i type easily over 100 wpm. So taking 2 seconds to tell that idiot to actually play the objective doesn't hurt the team in any way.

While I don't usually mind someone spewing tatics in the wz, some people just go over the top. This one guy posted paragraphs, I mean paragraphs of strat and stuff. Someone actually told him to shut up because no one is actually going to read all that while trying to cap/not die etc.

You usually say those basics before the match starts. And if "that guy" does not exist you lessen the chances to win (specially on alderaan) by over 50% as everyone will storm of towards the middle or even to the right.

If you don't like people who put the effort into coordinating PUGs (with coordinating I don't mean arrogant flaming if things don't work out etc.) you are that guy that should PvE. As this is a teamgame and singleplayer rambos like the 2nd poster are wasting valuable space in the team.

Edited by Twor

i type easily over 100 wpm. So taking 2 seconds to tell that idiot to actually play the objective doesn't hurt the team in any way.

Idiots are idiots because they dont know there idiots telling someone there an idiot when there an idiot on further confuses them.

Idiots are idiots because they dont know there idiots telling someone there an idiot when there an idiot on further confuses them.

Telling that idiot to go left and stay near that weird looking thing with a symbol over it that is near a big fat cannon can still help :)

Sometimes I'm really amazed that some people actually listen. Most people are "I know what I'm doing" people who are immune to well meant suggestions.

Coordination is the reason premades will always wreck PUGs. Warzone Chat is the only form of Coordination available to a PUG (since they don't have voice chat) which means "That Guy" is the only one doing anything to help your PUG compete.

No Strategy = No Win

I always do the opposite of whatever this guy has said. Just to piss him off and make him rant the whole time.

LOL! I gotta admit...that's kinda funny :p Screws the whole team, but ONE guy like "dat guy" is all it takes usually :)

I'm that guy.

Sorry but on my server there are some pretty silly trends going on.

Such as in Voidstar alot of our 'good' players (guys that put up 500k damage) instead of manning the doors, rush the attackers spawn point. There have been more than one game lost because 6 people rush and one guy sneaks by and caps the unmanned door.

You should try listening once in awhile and if the other 6 people besides you listen you'll be surprised at how easy it is to win.

The best strategy I've come up with for working around idiots is group with only 1 other person and make sure you and that person handle the 'smaller' objective. If you let the masses do their thing they naturally zerg the logical zerg objective the problem is no one wants to handle the less glamorous objective and it often ends up getting taken.

Take it hold it call for help. That's all you can really do.

They're = They ARE...not there. There would be a location...like, "I left my keys over there".

Telling that idiot to go left and stay near that weird looking thing with a symbol over it that is near a big fat cannon can still help :)

Sometimes I'm really amazed that some people actually listen. Most people are "I know what I'm doing" people who are immune to well meant suggestions.

lol as long as you can explain it to them as you did in this post im all for it.

I will say though someone giving orders doesnt always tend to work out if said person has poor battle awareness when they believe they actually do. Such as capping a node that is being reinforced.

Example I see this alot my team is trying to take a node we wipe. Somone continues to spew go to said node. Said node have 5+ already defending and as we trickle in 1 by one or maybe 2 we continue to press at a lost cause. While our efforts would be more effective at a node with perhaps 2-3 defending. Its grade school math if node one has 5 people that means node 2 probally has 2 defending with perhaps one at reclaim.

Coordination is the reason premades will always wreck PUGs. Warzone Chat is the only form of Coordination available to a PUG (since they don't have voice chat) which means "That Guy" is the only one doing anything to help your PUG compete.

No Strategy = No Win

Cannot agree more. If I am solo queuing and no one is talking stratagie prior Ill just ask who wants to come with me to cap left/right or w/e it may be. When I get responses I think to myself all right these players are willing to communicate and we have a nice chance at winning.

When no one answers then I know this game will be over fast. Usually this means and lets use Civil War since I feel that map is decided within the first 2 minutes of the game, 2 people will go left 3 will go right and 3 middle or something like that and its almost always a complete failure.

The only map that's worth discussing opening strat is Civil War since the map is decided in the first 2 minutes if not less. However there are so many weird strats out there a lot of the time you still end up with 'kill them all' as your best guess. For example one time I think my team did 2 (natural)/3/3 and I have no idea what the enemy did, but we ended up capping each other's natural turret and our team somehow got the middle turret and we won. I don't think that opening strat was a good idea but since the enemy did a weird opening too it actually countered it pretty well.

For all the other 3 maps you can't just have a set plan and expect to never deviate from it so there's not much point to discuss it. Situational awareness is far more useful than any pre-defined strategy. Assaulting the enemy's closer base is usually bad on Novare Coast, but not if you know it's only defended by one guy, and you can't talk about these things. Someone has to make a visual confirmation that it's lightly defended.

The only map that's worth discussing opening strat is Civil War since the map is decided in the first 2 minutes if not less. However there are so many weird strats out there a lot of the time you still end up with 'kill them all' as your best guess. For example one time I think my team did 2 (natural)/3/3 and I have no idea what the enemy did, but we ended up capping each other's natural turret and our team somehow got the middle turret and we won. I don't think that opening strat was a good idea but since the enemy did a weird opening too it actually countered it pretty well.

For all the other 3 maps you can't just have a set plan and expect to never deviate from it so there's not much point to discuss it. Situational awareness is far more useful than any pre-defined strategy. Assaulting the enemy's closer base is usually bad on Novare Coast, but not if you know it's only defended by one guy, and you can't talk about these things. Someone has to make a visual confirmation that it's lightly defended.

True. But even on Nova it helps to just say "xyz pls tap north". As it has happened that everyone thinks "ah well, someone will take it, ill go middle". The small sentence: "Please say incomings, its only a l2 or r3, two letters" is very helpfull as well. Never assume that things you consider basics are basics for everyone. I'd rather be called a pita by three people and have three others following those orders than sit back and depend on random luck.

On VS its "Please zerg near the doors and if you're the last person stay" etc etc. Basics :)

Edited by Twor

nah im the 'lets win guys ;D' guy

Any relation to the "let's win guys, I need to finish my daily" guy who then quits after the opposite team scores or holds both points?

I hate that guy.

Hate to be that guy, but when you are in PUGs, eventually, you have to speak up to ask people do something meaningful in WZs, such as "mark/focus healers" or "fight at objectives" or "call inc".

There are countless times, some solo defenders do not call inc or call it too late(wait until he almost dies to call). Thus, causing the team lose the objective or even worse lose the match. Excuse? The lamest one i ever hear is "no one said I should call inc". :eek:

The worst thing when being in PUGs is there is always some people acts like a fool and does not take any advice. For example, a fresh 50 sage keeps queuing with greens and 100 expertise, other guys say "Hey, you should buy recuit gear, 100 expertise is so sad for pvp in 50 bracket". The answer is "I thought I pay to play this game" aka "I can do whatever I want, you guys must carry me because I pay for it." Result? He only dies 20+ times in every WZ.