Powertechs need an urget nerf

JediDuckling

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would someone please do me a HUGE favor. Could you please let me know which class/AC is NOT OP so I can go ahead and roll that with the assuarance that I won't find someone CRYING THEIR FREAKING EYES OUT on the forums, screaming for nerfs?

So please, which class IS NOT OP?!

Dear Thread Creator, which class do YOU feel is NOT OP?! Would if be okay if I rolled that one? Would it be okay if while playing that class/AC I killed you in a WZ?

1. If I DID kill you in a WZ, would that IMMEDIATELY make me OP?

2. Under what conditions, baring any adjustments made by the devs, would I become OP playing the class you previously identified as NOT being OP'd?

3. Say I play the class that you identify, then I kill you in a WZ 80% of the time, am I then OP'd? What is the win-loss threshold for being OP in that situation?

Thank you, and YES I am being serious.

I don't think I've seen any threads about nerfing engineering snipers, try that one.

I don't think I've seen any threads about nerfing engineering snipers, try that one.

Thank you. I think I'm going to go that route tonight. Now if I can just get the OP to respond to my questions about what he/she feels is overpowered, and answer my questions regarding what the respective theshold is.

C'mon, you people have to be high off your *** if you haven't noticed PT pyrotech damage is over the top. It doesn't need a massive nerf, but maybe a slight one. However, there is no way to nerf damage without nerfing guard as well or else whats the point.

powertechs/vanguards have got to be nerfed urgently

they are either full dps killing war hero geared players in 3 to 6 seconds depending how geared they are.

or

tank specced in dps gear which is basicly someone with the defense of a tank and the damage of a pure dps class.

something has got to be done because they cant stay how they are right now they are just far to powerfull to be kept like this.

ive noticed alot of people rerrolling to either vanguard/powertech because of it and its just rediculous.

Lol yeah, you're that person that whined about sorcerers in over 5000 threads.

Pt's don't need a nerf, they're absolutely fine. Almost any class can kill them if well played. I think you need a L2P cookie.

Bioware needs to stop listening to children like the OP, there's already enough people quitting as it is and nerfing classes isn't making anything better.

powertechs/vanguards have got to be nerfed urgently

they are either full dps killing war hero geared players in 3 to 6 seconds depending how geared they are.

or

tank specced in dps gear which is basicly someone with the defense of a tank and the damage of a pure dps class.

something has got to be done because they cant stay how they are right now they are just far to powerfull to be kept like this.

ive noticed alot of people rerrolling to either vanguard/powertech because of it and its just rediculous.

Yes, because pt's have no weaknesses...

Here are their weaknesses

*Worst defense/cd's out of any of the tank classes

*assault spec makes them VERY squishy

*Worst action management system out of all the classes

*for assault spec, if you remove dots they can not use hib unless you are stunned(9% decrease in damage on hib in that scenario). So find yourself a healer that can push more than three buttons(most people think topping healing is the most skill a healer can have, but removing dots, debuffs, etc makes a healer better than others)

*have your tanks taunt him

*if they are assault spec, stay MORE THAN 10M away from them! This is the distance they do their most damage, and since they are assault spec, they can't leap to you.

These next few I will take away from those awesome mara/sents who don't think their class is OP

*Stun them

*pull them

*put them in fire

*snare them

*cc them

*get your two friends to kill them

*knock them back

*run away from them

*push them back into the pit where they can not get it

Tank spec with damage gear does not give you better TRUE DPS/SEC. It can give you more damage because you survive longer.

Rail shot is the hardest hitting ability. It gets deflected/shield mitigated/dodged/covered all the time. Then we got to build more heat, and hope to get the proc again for another rail shot, and wait 6 seconds after that.

It takes a series of insanely lucky crits with /gasp trinket/adrenals going to do insane damage with 7 or so global cooldowns.

Rail shot is the hardest hitting ability. It gets deflected/shield mitigated/dodged/covered all the time. Then we got to build more heat, and hope to get the proc again for another rail shot, and wait 6 seconds after that.

It takes a series of insanely lucky crits with /gasp trinket/adrenals going to do insane damage with 7 or so global cooldowns.

Rail shot misses on every sniper / player that has defensive cd's up. Very low chance to hit plus it gets migitated by all armor sources. Furthermore our heat gets full very fast which results in no damage output till you die.

PT's don't need a nerf. Bad players need to learn how to counter them.

No, I'm pretty sure he has a dart board in his room with each class on it and every morning he throws a dart to see what he'll complain about on the forums. Got to give his dedication to making these posts a bit of respect, he's been doing this since release.

:X

I agree. Every time JediDuckling finds another class to moan about he'll make a nerf thread. This guy deserves a forum ban . It's people like him who drag the game down.

Oh damn, I got defeated by a PT quite fast. I don't care if he used all his cooldowns, I don't care about my playstyle, I just want this class to be nerfed to death so I can enjoy my FoTM rauder. (Rauders aren't OP, they're fine imo. Just sayin how this guy things :p )

Rail shot misses on every sniper / player that has defensive cd's up. Very low chance to hit plus it gets migitated by all armor sources. Furthermore our heat gets full very fast which results in no damage output till you die.

Yep.

My operative, who is still weaker than a PT just cleanses the first set of dots, forcing the PT into a heat battle right off the bat.

Powertech damage is fine. They lack the relative mobility of the other heavy armor DPS (Juggernauts) and have weak a comparatively weak defensive CD. They need to be able to do the kind of damage that they do right now, otherwise there would be no reason to bring one at all. Players have to realize that powertechs, despite being in heavy armor, drop VERY quickly when focused.

Powertech damage is fine. They lack the relative mobility of the other heavy armor DPS (Juggernauts) and have weak a comparatively weak defensive CD. They need to be able to do the kind of damage that they do right now, otherwise there would be no reason to bring one at all. Players have to realize that powertechs, despite being in heavy armor, drop VERY quickly when focused.

Quoted for truth.

If powertechs don't get constant heals and if they can't keep their DoT's up, which are cleansed by operatives easily, they drop dead in a blink of an eye.

It's truly sad people like JediDuckling feel the need to stirr **** up on the forums over nothing.

Just to clarify, the only "real" ranged class I consider viable in PVP is the gunslinger/sniper. Arsenal Mercs are one trick ponies and need to be buffed to make them PVP viable again. Sorcs are so dang squishy on their own that if you're talking one on one fighting they should run from ANY melee class. Snipers/Gunslingers on the other hand are immune to the base interrupt in cover (down to 3 interrupts), immune to grapple while in cover (down to 2 interrupts) and can time their CD to make them immune to crowd control and knockback abilities for a time with entrench (down to 0 interrupts).

So, against whom the powertech uses "interrupts"?

Stun --> Rail Shot.

You can't dodge bullets while performing the bacon dance. Also, Rail shot hits hard in part because it ignores armor. What you're saying is baloney. If you want to hit with Rail Shot, you sure can.

I'm not saying nerf PT. Are PT strong? They're in a very good spot right now. They are not OP, just above average. On the other hand, I'd be glad to see a nerf to the tank specs who deal way too much damage for their survivability (that includes assassins).

So, against whom the powertech uses "interrupts"?

Healers, other ranged dps, powertechs.

Edited by lpsmash

I have a Full BM Pyro Powertech, who's my main, and there are some things wrong with the main post.

A. Pyro burst damage is high, It's DPS is probably similar to a Marauders and Snipers though, But yes the Pyro Burst is probably the best in the game or close to it. If any Powertech denies this, they're trying not to get nerfed cause they fear it will get them nerfed. An argument could be made that burst damage in this game is to high, but that's up to Bioware to decide. Judging by how marauders are after the patch, Its safe to assume they think burst is actually to low *grin*. Then again they've talked about nerfing the PvP Relics and such down in effectiveness on burst and that will probably help a lot. (As popping my crit buff + that is how i do a lot of my burst damage)

B. a Shieldtech Powertech in DPS gear blows ***, It is not anything remotely like Tankasin. The damage simply isn't there.

C. Using the Ion Cylinder as a DPS spec, The only spec that does this is Advanced prototype, You cannot use Ion Cylinder as a Pyrotech and expect to be good at all. CGC is such a huge portion of Pyrotech damage that it is silly to not use it.

D. Railshot can be defended against with defense skills like block/dodge/deflect, It however basically ignores all armor....

Edited by Xsorus

Ptech has always been the best pvp dps class in small man matches. dmg equal to marauders, some range, huge defense, grapple, stuns, etc. As wf's keep becoming melee focused they will probably get nerfed with the other melee classes.

There just haven't been too many ptech's who are well geared until recently. As all close range burst classes they rely heavily on gear and so an average geared one is pretty weak while a geared one is very very strong.

I expect to see more of them as they are easier to play than marauders as well.

Stun --> Rail Shot.

You can't dodge bullets while performing the bacon dance. Also, Rail shot hits hard in part because it ignores armor. What you're saying is baloney. If you want to hit with Rail Shot, you sure can.

I'm not saying nerf PT. Are PT strong? They're in a very good spot right now. They are not OP, just above average. On the other hand, I'd be glad to see a nerf to the tank specs who deal way too much damage for their survivability (that includes assassins).

Healers, other ranged dps, powertechs.

Please show me a PT/Vanguard that wastes their stun on railshot. They are free kills.

Ptech has always been the best pvp dps class in small man matches. dmg equal to marauders, some range, huge defense, grapple, stuns, etc. As wf's keep becoming melee focused they will probably get nerfed with the other melee classes.

There just haven't been too many ptech's who are well geared until recently. As all close range burst classes they rely heavily on gear and so an average geared one is pretty weak while a geared one is very very strong.

ptech's do not have huge defense.

in fact that's the only thing keeping them remotely balanced in terms of how the game is currently.

If they were like marauders, they'd be insanely oped and need a nerf.

Where is the huge defense sorry ?

I can 1v1 a pt on my garudian and it's a close fight

And the win depends on who makes the most mistakes

Also instead if demanding nerfs why not advocate for buffs for your class if you feel it's not performing as well as others

Because MMO power creeps are bad so nerfs are necessary to balance, not buffs.

Thank you. I think I'm going to go that route tonight. Now if I can just get the OP to respond to my questions about what he/she feels is overpowered, and answer my questions regarding what the respective theshold is.

umm sorry there has been rumours though not officially declared that teams of (YES TEAMS) of engi snipers are mass plasma probing unsuspecting victims and allegedly causing them to unsubscribe. :D