Fix the STUN LOCKS plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

thefixx

God you know I love my stun and it's nice every class in the game gets multiple stuns and bioware seems to work towards balancing the game. Well this has been left unbalanced.

Input a passive ability to all characters that have a 6-8 sec immunity to stun after being stunned. How difficult would that be? and it would give people a fighting chance. As it is now, it's totally ridiculous.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/agree

Done with Stun....I unsubbed because of it.

I tried to post a poll but it got buried. I am willing to bet the VAST majority of players feel CC needs a big friggin nerf bat!

No one is saying NO CC....just a hell of a lot less

Play a Merc.

Not only do you get stun locked but when you're not stunned you can't even get a TM off (which does no damage anyhow 1.2+) because of interrupt abuse.

Now that's the best of both worlds!

Edited by TheNinjaboy

God you know I love my stun and it's nice every class in the game gets multiple stuns and bioware seems to work towards balancing the game. Well this has been left unbalanced.

Input a passive ability to all characters that have a 6-8 sec immunity to stun after being stunned. How difficult would that be? and it would give people a fighting chance. As it is now, it's totally ridiculous.

I only get one stun and it's channeled, and it also stuns me too.

While Crowd Control is part of PvP and adds another tactical layer to it, I agree that in its current form in SWTOR its over the top, but this is mainly caused by the absurd short time needed to kill players.

I think the simplest of solution would be to reduce the cooldown of the CC-break ability to 1.5 minutes instead of 2. Alternatively (or both) the CC-break ability should confer a 2 or 3 second immunity to CC after being used.

Isn't that basically what resolve is? You get stunned/mezzed twice and now you're immune to all forms of CC (minus roots and snares) for quite a while.

resolve provides CC immunity when it reaches 1000. The Resolve bar under the nameplates is a bar that is actually out of 800, so you’ll notice it fills but doesn’t go white right away sometimes.

Stuns give 200 Resolve per second of the stun.

Mez (breaks on damage) gives 100 Resolve per second.

Knockbacks and pulls generate 400 Resolve.

When you reach or exceed the Resolve threshold of 1000, 50% additional Resolve is generated for the CC ability. So a 4-second stun generates 800 Resolve and if it goes over 1000 you get an extra 400. So two 4-second stuns used back to back will generate 2000 Resolve (800 + 1200).

I got this off a google search.

Just posting this for people to read(I however hate stuns/mezzes/knockbacks and pulls and think only specific squishy classes should get them, not every class has all of the above. I think one class should get a pull, and one class should have a stun and so fourth, creates group dynamics imo.

Edited by williambr

Isn't that basically what resolve is? You get stunned/mezzed twice and now you're immune to all forms of CC (minus roots and snares) for quite a while.

Yeh I get stunloked and by the time I die I have full resolve. It's fun to have full resolve while you respawn back at the base. By the time you get back into the fight you are out of resolve again, ready for another stunlock.

P.S. The duration of two stunn locks is more that enough time to be killed. yes I have 1 ability to get me out of stun but there are 8 players out there with AT LEAST 1 stun each.

The truth is stuns are out of control in this game.

Edited by Sebah

Yes, you should learn to use resolve better tbh. It works.

But there are too many stuns in SWTOR all the same. I believe Ops and another class get a group stun? That's op, I'm afraid.

Yeah, those should be instant resolve fillers to be honest.

I agree with the OP too. I have had enough of stun locks, its seriously affecting peoples ability to even compete in any game. Stuns within reason and set rules, and conditions, I think. Plus a 6 sec immunity after the first stun, no other effects should be allowed to be stacked on top. I really do not think the resolve bar does enough to stop this, when several different abilities people can use are not even part of the resolve system anyway.

the biggest problem i see is that the resolve starts going down WHILE you are stunned..., just yesterday while i was spending most time mezzed by everyone knows whats swarming the wzs right now and there aoe mez i got mezzed and then while still in that mez my reslove started to go down from full white to about half way

that is so broken resolve should not go down while you are in stun if they fixed that so it dosnt go down till you actualy NOT CCd when it starts going down and that when you use your break free it should fill up your reslove bar but only be useable while you being actualy cced i think they wzs be actualy playable and not the stunfest dead respawn they are right now

I don't even remember when I was last "stunlocked to death". It simply doesn't happen anymore unless you are totally outgeared.

What does happen is that I melt under focus fire, and may get stunned as well sometime between getting targetted and dieing. Not that it matters much - when focused on one dies without support, and often with support.

But stunlocked by a single player, and dieing during it? Nope, haven't seen that in weeks now.

Resolve works.

Every batch of new PvP players have the same complains about CC and resolve. It's a cyclic phenomenon. I've been there :D. Only thing I did different was that I haven't come on the forum to share my biased and limited opinion but looked into the matter a bit. Found out that every second stun fills my resolve bar, that mazes and roots usually break on damage and also learned to use my CC breaker only when I have white resolve bar or in rare exceptions when I need to fire a shot to stop a cap or a plant. Most of you will learn to use the resolve system and be happy with, others will just stay on the forum being rude to people that have enough gray matter to understand the system.

Only good point I've read around this CC threads is that the CC breaker should reset after death. I truly think that every single ability should be available to a fresh resurrected player if he uses the med-center and not the on field medic ability.

And please stop thinking that you have been stunned to death (only exception a team of operatives working together) but instead realize that you died because you've put yourselves in a bad situations. Don't worry to much about that as everybody screws up, some more the others though :p.

I don't even remember when I was last "stunlocked to death". It simply doesn't happen anymore unless you are totally outgeared.

What does happen is that I melt under focus fire, and may get stunned as well sometime between getting targetted and dieing. Not that it matters much - when focused on one dies without support, and often with support.

But stunlocked by a single player, and dieing during it? Nope, haven't seen that in weeks now.

Resolve works.

and another one of those 1vs1 thinkers try pvping on a small server ppl remember your name my pt i cant even come close to the enemy team as soon as i come out of spawn i get wirlwinds, stuns, mez trown my way

Every batch of new PvP players have the same complains about CC and resolve. It's a cyclic phenomenon. I've been there :D. Only thing I did different was that I haven't come on the forum to share my biased and limited opinion but looked into the matter a bit. Found out that every second stun fills my resolve bar, that mazes and roots usually break on damage and also learned to use my CC breaker only when I have white resolve bar or in rare exceptions when I need to fire a shot to stop a cap or a plant. Most of you will learn to use the resolve system and be happy with, others will just stay on the forum being rude to people that have enough gray matter to understand the system.

Only good point I've read around this CC threads is that the CC breaker should reset after death. I truly think that every single ability should be available to a fresh resurrected player if he uses the med-center and not the on field medic ability.

And please stop thinking that you have been stunned to death (only exception a team of operatives working together) but instead realize that you died because you've put yourselves in a bad situations. Don't worry to much about that as everybody screws up, some more the others though :p.

lol been playing since december so im hardly a new 50 and i see that resolve is not working right (as in starting to go down while you still cced) stop living in denial and acting like you all pro and rest dosnt know what they talking about

Edited by mamosh

lol been playing since december so im hardly a new 50 and i see that resolve is not working right (as in starting to go down while you still cced) stop living in denial and acting like you all pro and rest dosnt know what they talking about

I'm not a pro and never claimed to be one, I've just researched the matter. Resolve starts to tick down the moment it reached its threshold regardless if you are still stunned/mezzed by the effect that filled it. It is by design. You may not like it and want BW to change that but do not say it's not working as intended.

Not to be a douche, but the fact that you are playing since December and you've not being able to figure out/read about how resolve works it's not looking good on you.

Some links for you:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=390716

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=381190

And official answer:

"Q: A lot of us that PvP have made adjustments to compensate for the resolve system right now. But do you have any plans to make adjustments to it in the future patches. For example in Huttball, we have to carefully learn how to control our stuns so we can keep them in a fire etc. It is also got to a point where even having a completely full resolve bar, I still get rooted or things like that.

A: We have two completely off the resolve system effects, those are immobilize and snare effects. The resolve system is designed as a visualized diminishing returns system so the idea is that you can actually see when people are able to be controlled, and that really is the design goal of it. The resolve system is designed to minimalize the amount of time you are stunned, put to sleep, and knocked back so it only provides immunity to knockback/sleep/stun. Snare/slow, root/immobilize are intentionally not using the resolve system because from a combat standpoint we designed these effects to be part of a kiting/anti-kiting game which is completely separate from resolve.

Some classes that don’t have the need to establish range or establish closeness requires these abilities as part of their rotation in order to do their damage and be effective. Root/immobilize – stop you from moving. Stun – stop you from acting. Don’t get confused between the two.

So to be clear, root/snare/immobilize/slow are not part of the resolve system. They do not build resolve and they are not stopped by resolve. That was by design. We are working on ways to improve the visualization of the resolve system and make it easier to understand. "

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.