Fix the STUN LOCKS plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

thefixx

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/agree

Done with Stun....I unsubbed because of it.

I tried to post a poll but it got buried. I am willing to bet the VAST majority of players feel CC needs a big friggin nerf bat!

No one is saying NO CC....just a hell of a lot less

GQLLFM

(for you noobs that means good quit less lag for me)

GQLLFM

(for you noobs that means good quit less lag for me)

Not everyone has your nerd status to know this.

It's evident the CC is too extreme. Dying without given a chance is not fun. It doesn't seem right to give almost every class this kind of utility.

Isn't that basically what resolve is? You get stunned/mezzed twice and now you're immune to all forms of CC (minus roots and snares) for quite a while.

If I'm incorrect about this, I'm certain someone will correct me. I play a melee, I've been knocked back with a root before (nothing added to resolve)....hit with damage......I close gap....hit with another stun.....hit with damage.....close gap again.....hit with another stun and I now finally have a full resolve bar, but I've endure three rounds of target hitting me with damage while stunned/rooted.

Now, obviously it's always situational. Many times that I'm rooted, I'll hit them with my force stun, but I've now just used up my best stun. Anywho, even with my comments above, I'm not terribly upset with stuns in the game. The only stuns that I hate are the AOE stuns....if one class gets an AOE stun then all classes should have one (I'm looking at u Mr. Flashbang)

EDIT: Also, I do believe the should extend the time of immunity once you get a full resolve bar. Doesn't feel like it's long enough

Edited by thefishdude

Not everyone has your nerd status to know this.

It's evident the CC is too extreme. Dying without given a chance is not fun. It doesn't seem right to give almost every class this kind of utility.

Again, not a symptom of CC but rather a combination of the bad TTK that currently exists in game, teamwork by your enemies, and a lack of teamwork by your friends.

In order for a Stun-to-death to work the following must be true:

a. The enemy team must have a stun available to use

b. The enemy team must coordinate their damage onto a single target within the duration of the stun

c. The enemy team must be able to output between 10K and 24K damage within the duration of the stun

d. The friendly team must not coordinate their healing/protection/defenses to mitigate the damage done by the enemy team.

e. The friendly team must not coordinate their own stuns to prevent the enemy team from coordinating.

If you find that you run into a lot of Stun-to-death situations, perhaps you should join a new team. Of course, if you are PUG-ing then there is your answer as to why it happens so often. Teamwork is encouraged, strongly.

As I said OP - no sense arguing this. The supporters of it the way it is include the games very own developers. If they gave a **edit**, it would have been changed by now.

It's obvious, to almost everyone, that the amount of CCs in this game are ridiculously high. Being CC'd isn't fun, it isn't funny and it's not 'strategy'...it's like killing a link dead player.

My faith in Bioware understanding even the most basic idea of PvP (to have fun) is gone.

As I said OP - no sense arguing this. The supporters of it the way it is include the games very own developers. If they gave a **edit**, it would have been changed by now.

It's obvious, to almost everyone, that the amount of CCs in this game are ridiculously high. Being CC'd isn't fun, it isn't funny and it's not 'strategy'...it's like killing a link dead player.

My faith in Bioware understanding even the most basic idea of PvP (to have fun) is gone.

I hate to break it to you Master Chief, but this game doesn't support your run and gun style of blowing away wimpy aliens while taking massive amounts of damage.

You have to engage in tactical teamwork in order to win. That means stunning enemies and focusing them, or protecting your friends who get stunned. If you can't do that then you need to seriously consider whether this playstyle is right for you.

Again, not a symptom of CC but rather a combination of the bad TTK that currently exists in game, teamwork by your enemies, and a lack of teamwork by your friends.

In order for a Stun-to-death to work the following must be true:

a. The enemy team must have a stun available to use

b. The enemy team must coordinate their damage onto a single target within the duration of the stun

c. The enemy team must be able to output between 10K and 24K damage within the duration of the stun

d. The friendly team must not coordinate their healing/protection/defenses to mitigate the damage done by the enemy team.

e. The friendly team must not coordinate their own stuns to prevent the enemy team from coordinating.

If you find that you run into a lot of Stun-to-death situations, perhaps you should join a new team. Of course, if you are PUG-ing then there is your answer as to why it happens so often. Teamwork is encouraged, strongly.

You're exactly right. You can't necessarily boil it down to a TTK issue though. It's one or the other. Stuns either last too long and chained too many times or TTK is too fast and allows a stunned person to die in the duration.

BioWare needs to consider which they would rather have. IMO the TTK is the real issue. Even without being stunned 1v1 battles are too short. If they love having the gross amount of stuns in the game then make the stuns much shorter, available to a couple of classes, and fill resolve much quicker.

It all goes back to Mythic. DAoC was the worst game for CC of all time. We're talking like 2 minute mezzes IIRC, and a very expensive realm ability on a very long timer until level 3 (which was REALLY EXPENSIVE IN REALM POINTS) was the only counter. (other than single target castable cures).

In warhammer they reduced the duration of CC but made a bazillion different forms of it that could be spammed on people.

That Warhammer crap made it over to TOR. Just like "punt" and "pull" did which are super annoying, cheapshot crappy abilities.

It is strategy, and what is fun is an opinion.

The most basic idea of PvP is competition, which to pvpers, is fun.

Really, it would be fine if after using your 2m cooldown you got 2-3 seconds immunity to all snares and CC.

I get that the game is balanced towards the stuns. It doesnt bother me too much, but it does bother me when im stunned i use my removal and im stunned again almost instantly. It is beyond frustrating.

Really, it would be fine if after using your 2m cooldown you got 2-3 seconds immunity to all snares and CC.

I get that the game is balanced towards the stuns. It doesnt bother me too much, but it does bother me when im stunned i use my removal and im stunned again almost instantly. It is beyond frustrating.

Don't use your CC Break unless you have white resolve.

Essentially, you should always eat the first CC.

PvP gets a bit chopy with 10+ agent-smuggler, and recently every WZ has at least 6-8. Sometimes 12. Constantly getting perma CC-ed is not fun whatever the experts say.

*** server are you on?

BTW, there is no such thing as perma cc

Don't use your CC Break unless you have white resolve.

Essentially, you should always eat the first CC.

Dude get real there are so many CC in this game it does not make any different, in 2 mins i get CCd 25 times use your brake wisely so u only get perma CC- ed 24 times.

Just watch how the pvp rejects gonna storm your post, stating CC is an absolute must for good pvp.

its only fair that BW should CCs and STUNs for Mara/Sent too for balance.:D

Edited by EugeneYap

Dude get real there are so many CC in this game it does not make any different, in 2 mins i get CCd 25 times use your brake wisely so u only get perma CC- ed 24 times.

Your statement is factually incorrect. Are you intentionally distorting the truth or are you simply incapable of recognizing reality?

There…..

…Are……

….too….

…Many….

…Stuns….

…in…

…TOR…

…it….

…is….

…frustrating….

…and….

…not….

…fun…

..when…

…you…

…cant….

…move…

..And..

…your…

…slowed….

….down….

…for….

…so…

…long….

…sort…

…of…

…how…

..reaading…

…this…

…was..

…annoying…..

CC is an absolute must for good PVP.

That's funny because Guild Wars had the best PvP in any MMO type game. About the only good thing in GW2 is the PvP and that game also has very little hard CC. Ironically, the time to kill in that game is also much better since you can actually live for a while even with a few attackers on you, and there's very little healing. Much better balance overall. Three faction world combat, forts that can be captured, supply lines that can be disrupted for repairing forts; basically everything Ilum wasn't.

If I wanted a game for purely PvP I'd move on in a heartbeat, but GW2 has terrible, terrible PvE and is going to micro-transaction people to death. I'll stick with a monthly sub and the much better story based PvE in this game. I just wish TOR could revamp this stunfest into something more like what GW2 did, then this would be the perfect game.

/agree

Done with Stun....I unsubbed because of it.

I tried to post a poll but it got buried. I am willing to bet the VAST majority of players feel CC needs a big friggin nerf bat!

No one is saying NO CC....just a hell of a lot less

I don't know about a nerf, but jesus christ, when the possiblity of being stunned 8 times is there, but having only 1 way to break out is totally ridiculous. It's an easy fix too, no need to write lines and lines of code changing all the stuns. Just put in a stun immune for 6 - 8 secs, so you can't be continuously stunned over and over without a chance to fight back.. it's too easy..

Play a Merc.

Not only do you get stun locked but when you're not stunned you can't even get a TM off (which does no damage anyhow 1.2+) because of interrupt abuse.

Now that's the best of both worlds!

So that's the answer? everyone should just be one class? yes, this is brilliant.

/Done with Stun....I unsubbed because of it.

Dang, man, that stinks. That team of operatives got you, too? It's tough, I understand. I run into those bullies all the time. It seems like I see teams of operatives as much as I used to get huttball ... aka: all the time!

These operative teams are going to kill this epic masterpiece of a game. Why are they even playable?