Cover Issues - Post 1.2.2

Miltonium

How do they manage to fix one thing breaking two others i wonder?

First of, yes cover is broken. Noticed it yesterday when tried to escape from marauder attempting to sit under the cover and push him back away but in vain. The animation was correct but i wasn't in cover and couldn't use skills ofc. A** aches, sad because it's my future main i hope.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance at a hotfix tonight or tomorrow? This makes the GS/Sniper unplayable in PvP if your marksman...

Also for engineers :)

I guess its working as intended to keep the qq down from all the glowbat users about snipers

I looked up the "known issue" as posted previously, and I have to say I'm not sure the issue they are looking at is really the issue. Even if I move into cover from stationary the cover will break as soon as I turn [either via cursor keys to line up better visibilty on a target, or if I get "turned" automatically by the animation to go into snipe etc.] and cover seems to hold OK if the cover is perfectly perpendicular to the sighting line to the target, but seems to automatically break [even prior to any action at all] if the cover is at an angle WRT the target even though it was "suggested" as cover for the target by the game mechanics.

BTW, I have to say that the in-game support so far has been awful. I reported both this issue and the unable to search the GTN properly issue when I came across them. I have to say that the response I got from the GM [or protocol droid, or whatever we are supposed to call them] didn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I'm getting a bit tired of the "we have sent it to the developers, now don't bother us again" response for every eventuality, especially when there is an issue being reported that support already knows exists.

Would it really take that much extra time, effort and expense to have the in game GMs reply to a question about a known bug by saying "we know we have a problem, there is a workaround posted on the forum at [this URL] and we'll keep you up to date on the scheduling of a full fix on the forum at [another url], rather than just "we have sent it off to the developers who will decide if it important enough to look at,we won't tell you if it's just you or lots of people are affected, now b*****r off and leave us alone, and if you want more info go look for it youself" which is how the email response sounds at the mo?

It's the sort of little thing that makes it look like you actually care

that work around they suggested is an insult to my (and all snipers) intelligence. Like we did not or can not realize that ourselves... we did...

but i am sick and tired to play my main class with work arounds to THEIR failure...

astonishing...

In your known issues thread, you have a workaround for this newly reported bug. If your CS personnel and developers listed to our feedback herein you'd know that this workaround isn't really a work around.

As for an upcoming patch, is this how you hotfix things. I'm going to think that's what you meant, since I feel you do not have the ability to "HOTFIX" like other MMOs, that you instead need to patch.

1. Patch tomorrow?

2. Patch by the weekend?

3. These two ACs are needed for most 8 man HM guilds to beat your bugged Warlord Kephess encounter.

4. Fix this ASAP. It will show your commitment to two AC communities that you just basically rendered unplayable.

5. Your past two patches for very minor stuff have broken Kephess HM 8 man, the ability to spawn Nightmare Pilgrim (at least on Saber of Exar Kun) and now two Advanced Classes. Do we have to continue to expect this kind of patching from you in the future. Especially when you break stuff and then post a half *** workaround that you actually think work for the majority of us.

6. Things like this is why your number of concurrent subscribers continue to not log on. Servers are dying and then you break stuff.

7. Lastly after I read this, I feel that this won't get fixed till next tuesday sadly because you still haven't fixed Kephess 8 man even though you were told a week ago. So I might as well not play my main, not lead my guild as an officer, not raid since I'm broken and would have to been carried.

I found found a workaround for the workaround. I have bound my take-cover-in-place ability to my mouse wheel. It is nearly impossible to only hit the keybind only once, so you really don't notice the bug as you will always go into cover due to inherently spamming the bind.

I found found a workaround for the workaround. I have bound my take-cover-in-place ability to my mouse wheel. It is nearly impossible to only hit the keybind only once, so you really don't notice the bug as you will always go into cover due to inherently spamming the bind.

I always use my mouse wheel for my take-cover and crouch, much simpler to click the wheel and go down where you want. But last night I had an issue where I would click it and not crouch at all, thought I had lag but it was at 42ms, switched to my commando healer and all the skills worked fine.

Had me so confused, glad I now know it is definitely a bug.

Wow. I did an entire run through Karraga's Palace last night and didn't notice any kind of issue whatsoever. I don't know if I naturally stop before going into cover, or if I'm strafing instead of moving forward or what, but I didn't have any noticeable change to my rotation at all. I can also confirm that when going into cover while facing a different direction from your target (so that you are not perpendicular to the target) doesn't seem to do it either because I remember a specific time when that happened in the Sorno/Jarg encounter and no issue to going into cover or using my skills. Didn't have a chance to try Battlegrounds last night, but I'll do it tonight after EV.

Not saying the issue doesn't exist, and I'm sorry it's screwing up my fellow snipers (and yes, even the gunslingers), but it hasn't made the class completely useless or made it so you have to be carried through a raid as some of you guys are suggesting, unless I'm somehow miraculously unaffected.

Wow. I did an entire run through Karraga's Palace last night and didn't notice any kind of issue whatsoever. I don't know if I naturally stop before going into cover, or if I'm strafing instead of moving forward or what, but I didn't have any noticeable change to my rotation at all. I can also confirm that when going into cover while facing a different direction from your target (so that you are not perpendicular to the target) doesn't seem to do it either because I remember a specific time when that happened in the Sorno/Jarg encounter and no issue to going into cover or using my skills. Didn't have a chance to try Battlegrounds last night, but I'll do it tonight after EV.

Not saying the issue doesn't exist, and I'm sorry it's screwing up my fellow snipers (and yes, even the gunslingers), but it hasn't made the class completely useless or made it so you have to be carried through a raid as some of you guys are suggesting, unless I'm somehow miraculously unaffected.

It's a lot more noticeable in warzones for me where I'm moving a lot.

You're right, though, it doesn't make you completely useless. It does, however, reduce your mobility. I normally just work around bugs like this until it's fixed, but this one has seriously reduced the fun when playing my sharpshooter.

Setting up a knockback in the correct direction on a moving target is super tough and popping in and out of cover to refresh BD takes too long to be optimally effective against skilled opponents.

I spent a large portion of my time in a Hutball match last night just spamming my standard attack and root just to be somewhat helpful and be able to move around quickly. Hope it's fixed soon.

Something I have been noticing for a while in WZs. A Sith Warrior(Jedi Knight) could be in the front arc and they could leap to me, even though I had the cover screen up or behind hard cover. It is especially noticeable when I am on a different elevation than them. The only time it seems they can't jump to me is when I have Hunker Down active.

BW, please tell me that when you have a fix for this you are hotfixing it and that you aren't just waiting for the next regular patch date... I love you guys, but this is pretty game breaking at times.

Please give us an update of what is going on with this...

Yeah as it stands I only log on to get my daily 3 wins. then log off. It's too grueling even doing that, but I persevere.

My guild's raid night is friday. If this isn't fixed by friday, I doubt we will be completing Denova HM, which we hoped since it will be a hit to the DPS of the two gunslingers in the group.

Thanks Bioware. We appreciate it.

Hi folks, thanks for reporting this. We've confirmed and added this to our list of Known Issues and we are now working on a fix for an upcoming patch. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

What about the fix to hunker down? It currently is not working as intended, especially when you're in natural cover.

Still no update or patch....so surprised. Here's hoping this is fixed tonight/tomorrow with a patch before we raid.

we probably wont see an update on this until the next schedule's maintenance. seeing as there is a fairly simple work around I dont think that the dev team feels that it warrants an emergency patch. if the work around of not moving is too hard for you could bind your take cover to a scroll wheel (I just binded the default cover hot key to the scroll wheal on my gaming pad) and when you want to drop just give it a good flick. you will stutter for a moment and will drop maybe 3 portable cover barriers but you will drop in place. not as efficient as not moving but if your lazy and don't want to move your finger off the w key for a split second then it will work

really annoying. not sure if you guys get this as well but, when I hit cover I roll like a foot then if i hit it again I roll another foot. pain in the a for pvp wasted seconds mean i am dead.

Yes, i found this last night as well. It kinda makes the class unplayable. I resorted to using shift and f to just crouch in places away from natural cover. This worked, but using f to try and roll in cover resulted in a random roll and then not going into cover.

What about the fix to hunker down? It currently is not working as intended, especially when you're in natural cover.

Hunker down works...most of the time for me.

The rocketeers on Alderaan, however, is an example of it NOT working...