Cover Issues - Post 1.2.2

Miltonium

It is still somewhat broken with today's patch. The only permutation that was fixed that I can see is that if you are autorunning or mouse-running(R&L buttons) and hit cover, it works.

1) Rolling into cover is still not reliable. It still can either do the roll animation in place and fail to drop cover, or drops cover in place.

2) If holding the forward movement keybind, if you hit cover multiple times (e.g. you have it bound to mousewheel and spin it) it screws up. Forward key + hitting cover once seems ok. If you are autorunning or mouserunning, spinning the mousewheel still works fine, so I dunno what's up.

Mostly it just seems very bad for those of us who bound roll cover/crouch to up/down mousewheel though.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is still somewhat broken with today's patch. The only permutation that was fixed that I can see is that if you are autorunning or mouse-running(R&L buttons) and hit cover, it works.

1) Rolling into cover is still not reliable. It still can either do the roll animation in place and fail to drop cover, or drops cover in place.

2) If holding the forward movement keybind, if you hit cover multiple times (e.g. you have it bound to mousewheel and spin it) it screws up. Forward key + hitting cover once seems ok. If you are autorunning or mouserunning, spinning the mousewheel still works fine, so I dunno what's up.

Mostly it just seems very bad for those of us who bound roll cover/crouch to up/down mousewheel though.

Haven't had a chance yet to see the fix for myself. Sounds like the issue on rolling into cover is still broken but what you describe about double hitting cover and popping out of cover sounds like the way it should work.

Hypothetically , you could avoid this by using the cover abilities bar and binding the wheel to something else other than taking cover (like charged burst ). So the first click puts you in cover and the second click fires off an instant charged burst ( or whatever you normally do immediately on taking cover).

As I said, it only really seems adversely affect people who use the mousewheel for cover -and- use the keyboard to run/strafe. Also, spinning the wheel and mouserunning doesn't interrupt cover despite serving the same purpose. I just don't have enough accessible buttons to intuitively bind cover/crouch anywhere else.

It seems to be an issue with cover now being interrupted by holding down movement, rather than only upon a movement key being hit again.

Edited by JeyKama

Hello there,

We appreciate your report of this issue; we have escalated it to an appropriate department for investigation and appreciate your patience. Amber Green has also posted about this issue as an update in the Known Issues Thread. In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topic of issues with cover since 1.2.3, we will be closing this current thread. Thank You!

Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

UPDATED: May 11th, 2012

Classes and Combat

• The “Take Cover” ability does not work properly when bound to the mouse wheel.

Edited by Trineda