Removal of armor mod fees

SikrouDeco

I wanted to remove the armor mods from my champions armor and it's going to cost an average of 33k per mod, approx 495k to do all 5 pieces. Any chance they are going to lower this? I'm not loaded like some and can't spend enough time in game to earn it as others.

I have a job, do I need to look at swtor as a second job?

Edited by SikrouDeco

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to remove the armor mods from my champions armor and it's going to cost an average of 33k per mod. Any chance they are going to lower this? I'm not loaded like some and can't spend enough time in game to earn it as others.

I have a job, do I need to look at swtor as a second job?

ok, to the first question... sorry.. thats what it costs... expensive yes... but you have the option of not changing armor

second... this is an MMO, so either treat it like a second job and get all the best stuff... or understand that you get what you put in... and enjoy RL...

either or... it's your choice...

ok, to the first question... sorry.. thats what it costs... expensive yes... but you have the option of not changing armor

Not doing something is not an option in fact its the opposite of an option.

second... this is an MMO, so either treat it like a second job and get all the best stuff... or understand that you get what you put in... and enjoy RL...

so all the casual players should look at other games and not play swtor? They should put hard core gamer on the package where it explains what type of system you need. Are they trying to compete with WOW?

Not doing something is not an option in fact its the opposite of an option.

ok... a person has the option of keeping the same armor and applying new mods/enhancements whatever on it instead of taking their mods off old armor and putting on new.

complaining about the cost is no different than whining because you dont have time to PVP so you cant have PVP armor or no time for OPs so cant get this or that.

BW are scarred to DEATH of a bloated ecomony apparently.

BW: "OMG what will we do is people have all this money with nothing to spend it on??? They'll UNSUB!!!"

Here's a novel Idea.... give us COOL, CONSUMABLE STUFF to spend it on... Not gouge us with item slot removals..

Real Creative there BW. *whoopty doo*

Edited by FooBard

Doing the "dailies" on all three planets will get you 198,831 credits and 32 daily coms, not including the Corellia weekly nor trash loot and credits picked up from mobs. That is 2 days of doing them to cover your expense. Just doing the 6 on Ilum will get you 55,457, I at least do those every day because it is easy quick money. (there have been times I do all the dailies twice a day, on 2 50s)

Bioware have made so easy to make money in this game, it blows my mind when people who are going on Nightmare raids who cant cover their own repair bills. They say they dont have time to do dailies, but they can PvP for 4 hours a day. :cool:

At the very least, they should allow people to remove mods for free if they have the relevant profession and level requirements. Why can my Jedi make hilts and crystals and put them into lightsabers at no cost, but later have to pay several thousand credits to take them out? It feels inconsistent.

I have no problem paying for some, but 3+ mods on several pieces of gear becomes expensive quickly. The current system deters people from customizing their gear in the manner that they choose, which is completely contradictory to the concept of moddable gear.

Doing the "dailies" on all three planets will get you 198,831 credits and 32 daily coms, not including the Corellia weekly nor trash loot and credits picked up from mobs. That is 2 days of doing them to cover your expense. Just doing the 6 on Ilum will get you 55,457, I at least do those every day because it is easy quick money. (there have been times I do all the dailies twice a day, on 2 50s)

Bioware have made so easy to make money in this game, it blows my mind when people who are going on Nightmare raids who cant cover their own repair bills. They say they dont have time to do dailies, but they can PvP for 4 hours a day. :cool:

Easy there! This forum will BLOW UP with this much logic.

I have long thought about this issue, and I have a great solution.

Currently, there are Mod stations scattered around the galaxy that are not being used for ANYTHING! My idea, reintegrate them and if you use a mod table to switch said mods, NO FEE!!! You can still switch mods while you're out and about, but then you'll have to pay the fee.

Huh, Huh, what do ya think?

ok... a person has the option of keeping the same armor and applying new mods/enhancements whatever on it instead of taking their mods off old armor and putting on new.

complaining about the cost is no different than whining because you dont have time to PVP so you cant have PVP armor or no time for OPs so cant get this or that.

The point is why discourage character customization with oppressive fees? Allowing players to readily remove mods will only promote diversity among character appearances. Its not about "well i can make money so you should be able to too". Like the other poster said, soup Nazi type mentality.

Oh and btw, its nothing like your pvp armor suggestion. That is just terrible thinking.

I have long thought about this issue, and I have a great solution.

Currently, there are Mod stations scattered around the galaxy that are not being used for ANYTHING! My idea, reintegrate them and if you use a mod table to switch said mods, NO FEE!!! You can still switch mods while you're out and about, but then you'll have to pay the fee.

Huh, Huh, what do ya think?

I like this:tran_grin:

At the very least, they should allow people to remove mods for free if they have the relevant profession and level requirements. Why can my Jedi make hilts and crystals and put them into lightsabers at no cost, but later have to pay several thousand credits to take them out? It feels inconsistent.

I have no problem paying for some, but 3+ mods on several pieces of gear becomes expensive quickly. The current system deters people from customizing their gear in the manner that they choose, which is completely contradictory to the concept of moddable gear.

Actually it deters crafters. It is the imbalance of spending. For instance if you craft then you don't have the 1 million to spend on the legacy droid unlock that is supposed to help drive your wanting to unlock legacy stuff in the first place.

Me: "I hit Legacy 7, yes!"

BioWare: "No Legacy for you!!"

They have to stop pretending that everyone is rolling in credits so they need the money sinks. This is the first MMO I've been in that deliberately sabotaged its own economy.

It isn't the cheapest thing to do, but it isn't exactly game breaking as well. You have the choice to either care how you look or not. Everything in a game like this requires some investment to do something.

In ~20 minutes I can complete the black hole dailies(not counting the 4man). For this I will get ~60k-80k credits depending on drops. So every day you can remove 2 mods for 20 minutes of work. If you want to get it done quicker, someone mentioned above you can do all the dailies on the 3 planets and get close to 200k credits. Yes this will take ~1.5-2 hours.

In the future when you get a new set of gear, of course you will have to remove the mods. In other games they require you to pay for other enhancements for that new gear. In swtor they are requiring you to pay to upgrade your old gear. Amounts can always change slightly, but there has always been a cost with getting a new piece of gear and min maxing. How you look is no different than min maxing from my point of view.

Maybe just make it a little cheaper.

remove? no. lower fee? yes.

I understand there have to be some "credit sink" but it is pretty pricey.

note: I don't mind the current price since I DO run dailies, but I would like it to be a little cheaper ;)

I don't know about free, but I can go along with some profession perk. It should be easier to remove the hilt for someone that makes hilts. It should also be easier to remove the hilt for someone that makes the lightsaber body.

It isn't the cheapest thing to do, but it isn't exactly game breaking as well. You have the choice to either care how you look or not. Everything in a game like this requires some investment to do something.

In ~20 minutes I can complete the black hole dailies(not counting the 4man). For this I will get ~60k-80k credits depending on drops. So every day you can remove 2 mods for 20 minutes of work. If you want to get it done quicker, someone mentioned above you can do all the dailies on the 3 planets and get close to 200k credits. Yes this will take ~1.5-2 hours.

In the future when you get a new set of gear, of course you will have to remove the mods. In other games they require you to pay for other enhancements for that new gear. In swtor they are requiring you to pay to upgrade your old gear. Amounts can always change slightly, but there has always been a cost with getting a new piece of gear and min maxing. How you look is no different than min maxing from my point of view.

This is what I was inelegantly getting at, so thanks Numene.

This seems expensive because you already have the gear, but now have to pay for a mod... where in other games the gear itself was more expensive.

Im perfectly fine with the cost of removing, and Im not rolling it credits or anything

At 33k each you can do 15 pieces for 495... For your 5 it's only 165k. Where did you get half mil?

3 items per armor piece, 5 pieces of armor totals 15 mods to be removed :)

Something to be considered. Bioware is losing players, they had 1.7 mil of subs a month or two after launch. They reportedly spent over 250 mil to develop the game. With the current sub status it's going to take a while to break even and show a profit. Saying only hard core gamers deserve stuff will send casual players, and their money away. Eventually only the 1% to 2% of the hard core gamers will be here, as most hit 50 a month or so after launch and left as they usually do to try other games. We call them locusts, they get bored easily and leave. BW needs to please ALL the players they can.

My two cents.

Edited by SikrouDeco

There is too many credit sink in this game. The only answer to this is "do more dailies". Too bad, dailies are BORING for many of us, and against everything BW try to sell about their "story driven mmo". Story driven when doing dailies ? nop. MMO ? nop (soloable).

The legacy item should just be unlocked by legacy rank OR money. Also, we should be able to earn a lot more money from HM flashpoint and operation. And less from dailies.

The most efficient way to earn money is to do solo content. And you need it if you want to buy the many options available. This is a MMO. Just saying.

3 items per armor piece, 5 pieces of armor totals 15 mods to be removed :)

Something to be considered. Bioware is losing players, they had 1.7 mil of subs a month or two after launch. They reportedly spent over 250 mil to develop the game. With the current sub status it's going to take a while to break even and show a profit. Saying only hard core gamers deserve stuff will send casual players, and their money away. Eventually only the 1% to 2% of the hard core gamers will be here, as most hit 50 a month or so after launch and left as they usually do to try other games. We call them locusts, they get bored easily and leave. BW needs to please ALL the players they can.

My two cents.

Bioware expensed most of the cost of the game meaning the amount needed to break even is nowhere close the the amount people are claiming is needed to break even. In fact, they've probably broken even already.

Edited by terminova