If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

brentonj

Did no one here play the most popular MMO of all time in its beginning months???

I did! It was horrible and yet I kept playing it! The game wasn't bad, the server queues and loot lag and server crashes made for a bad experience, but I didn't quit because I wanted to keep up with the hard core players.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did no one here play the most popular MMO of all time in its beginning months???

I did, and it kept growing, population wise. At the end of it's first year, WoW had over 5 million subs. TOR will be lucky to break 2 million, let alone 5.

The biggest issue atm, bar none, are dead servers. Too few players scattered over too many servers.

Lastly, this game isn't competing with the MMO market in 2004. It's competing with the MMO market in 2012, and it's coming up short at the moment.

I did..

At least the "oldschool" MMORPG like Everquest had enough Content at left and right beside the Questhighway to explore. Sometimes you had to dig deep into a cave before you get the idea what really happens there.

This days MMO are a simple questhighway with superbig Questsigns. There is absolutely nothing to explore anymore. The Zones development ist simple straight a highway and packed full with stuff for the questhighway. Good old days are gone, all is so fast paced atm.

For SWTOR it is the same, its enought to sub for 1-2 month a year to play trough the content. On the bright side, you can now play 5-6 games now in a year not one like times ago :p

Edited by Goloan

I love the people in this thread who insist that we're "demanding children" because we'd like cross server ques, server merges, or character transfers. God forbid I pay 60$ and then 15$ a month to be able to enjoy the base premise of the game and complain when it's not there because my server is dead.

I really love the people who say "bugs and crap happens, get over it". Sure, if it was a buy to play game, I'd dig this attitude. If it was Free to play with an in game cash shop, I'd dig it. But we're talking about a game that required as much money upfront as a full release game, PLUS a subscription fee. I'm sure people have a right to be a little ticked if the game doesn't even offer the minimal experience required to be considered a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG, instead of just an Online RPG.

Lastly, I love the folks who were lucky enough to roll on a standard, high, or full pop server telling those of us on a ghost town to buck up, reroll, or shut up. When you have 4 toons above level 40, two of which are Battlemaster rated and geared 50s, and a legacy level at 27, the last thing on earth you want to do is go through the same freaking grind for the fifth time to experience what you should have considering the money you spent in the first place.

I did..

At least the "oldschool" MMORPG like Everquest had enough Content at left and right beside the Questhighway to explore. Sometimes you had to dig deep into a cave before you get the idea what really happens there.

This days MMO are a simple questhighway with superbig Questsigns. There is absolutely nothing to explore anymore. The Zones development ist simple straight a highway and packed full with stuff for the questhighway. Good old days are gone, all is so fast paced atm.

For SWTOR it is the same, its enought to sub for 1-2 month a year to play trough the content. On the bright side, you can now play 5-6 games now in a year not one like times ago :p

You should look into Guild Wars 2, because that is exactly what they are doing. They are putting the explore back in to MMO's!

But then you will have the people say "Omg I am so lost, nobody is holding my hand, this MMO sucks, ect ect" without even playing it! :)

Nope, I'll be here still. Swtor is one of the very few mmorpgs that supports altaholics - good ole legacy system.

SWTOR is absolutely for altaholics (sadly I'm not one) and was 'tailored for people that have played more than one MMO and were existing MMO players.'

You should look into Guild Wars 2, because that is exactly what they are doing. They are putting the explore back in to MMO's!

But then you will have the people say "Omg I am so lost, nobody is holding my hand, this MMO sucks, ect ect" without even playing it! :)

I will but i have no hope, new MMO`s promise so many things to sell their copy and at the end players who believe are disappointed :)

The "Open Beta" weekend was a teaser, really :)

If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

Ill unsub from these forums if I see another "Will you unsub thread?"

If and when I decide to stop playing, this is the last place I'll come to.

+1 this

GW2 is the truth, played for3 days str8 during the weekend beta. It doesnt look like Wow THANK GAWD

The WvWvW PvP will be balanced, some 'tard in this very thread had the gall to say "well the side with the most players will win" WRONG....There are 3 sides, so if 1 side has a ton of people guess what, the other TWO sides can gang up on them and even things out

From what I saw it played alot more like DAoC then Warhammer (THANK GAWD)

Plus no dumb "pvp for gear" treadmill, yes gear will matter, but fights are going to be won on skill and tactics, not gear advantages

GW2 is the truth, played for3 days str8 during the weekend beta. It doesnt look like Wow THANK GAWD

The WvWvW PvP will be balanced, some 'tard in this very thread had the gall to say "well the side with the most players will win" WRONG....There are 3 sides, so if 1 side has a ton of people guess what, the other TWO sides can gang up on them and even things out

From what I saw it played alot more like DAoC then Warhammer (THANK GAWD)

Plus no dumb "pvp for gear" treadmill, yes gear will matter, but fights are going to be won on skill and tactics, not gear advantages

You do realise your last statement is practically impossible to maintain for a longer period of time right? As long as you can get things that give you an advantage over other players besides how well you handle your class, that advantage will always be the defining factor in a PVP match all else being equal. As long as gear matters, it will win fights, that is a simple fact. Every seasoned PVP player knows that matches are won with minor advantages as much as they are with major ones. And seeing you have been PVPing in MMO's since 2002 as your sig says, I can assume you understand this as well.

Also, there has been as much negative comments about GW2 gameplay as there has been possitives. But you know what, that's okay! GW2 will probably become the go-to MMO for people who love large scale PVP. Which is part of the MMO market for sure. But that fact alone does not kill other games at all. Large Scale PVP is one part of the MMO playerbase. But you know, in my personal taste, SWTOR PVP is actually better in the small scale warzone sense. I personally love 8v8 with objectives as a PVP format, and I know not everyone agrees with me on that one. But this is one of the reasons why SWTOR is one of my favorite MMO's as of right now.

Still, if large scale WvWvW PVP does it for you.. GW2 is your game. I hope you like it. Personally, I love the current MMO market as it gives choice to what kind of gameplay you prefer. Me, I personally love rolling alts and doing 8v8 PVP as well as running group PvE content as well as Roleplaying. And you know what.. SWTOR gives me the tools to do all these things in a way I enjoy them. So no, I will not unsub if 1.3 does not come in May, I will not unsub because of TERA, nor unsub when GW2 comes out, nor unsub when Pandaland comes out, nor unsub when Elder Scrolls Online comes out, etc.. I will unsub when the game stops giving me what is making me stay right now, or when I feel I no longer get my money's worth when it comes to my monthly subscription (as I did with WoW halfway through Cata, as I did with DDO when the game was not what I hoped it to be after 6 months of playing it, as I will with any future MMO I will play).

PS. about your comment concerning 'balanced' PVP in GW2.. let me just bring attention to the little quote in my sig. All my experience in MMO's has learned me this very simple fact to be true. And therefore, balanced PVP is a moot point when it comes to determining a good game.

The only way to make PVP balanced is by having only 1 class with the same set of skills and powers and exactly the same effectiveness of all these powers. Anything that adds to that (more classes, gear, talents, etc..) will eventually break the balance of the PVP game. And one player's balance is the other player's 'imba class' or 'FotM'.

Whats so magical about the month of May?

Heres One...

If your 1 minute microwave burrito doesnt cook in 30 seconds will you throw it a way?

This also applies to Corn Dogs.cooking times may vary depending on microwave wattage.

Edited by CygnusMX

Im leaving sadly as I really wanted to give my heart and soul to this game. I hope Elder Scroll Online isnt big mess like this one.

Seems many people have echoed those same sentiments throughout this thread.

I know a lot of people (myself included) have felt like patch 1.2 was essentially fluff and features that should have been available at launch.

As such, my guild agreed last night that we're quitting unless we get new content in May. Particularly with Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 on the horizon. Now granted - James Ohlen himself has promised there will be monthly updates:

I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I'm certainty not holding my breath. Swtor currently feels very dull and static. For a Raiding Guild - we collectively were not impressed by EC. Though it's a step in the right direction from the abomination that was Tier 1.

Anyone else feeling the same regarding 1.3?

Did you just copy a thread about 1.2 and paste in 1.3. Because all this sounds vaguely familiar.

Here's hoping that GW2 is a gigantic flop. From what I've been hearing, it is well on its way.

For anyone whom thinks elders scrolls will be bug free... The Idea is moronic, Elder scroll games are one of the worst offenders of games having bugs at launch, and those games are single player... I can just imagine what the multi-player experience is going to be like at launch Edited by Ensquire

Already unsubbed, if bioware can somehow make an amazing patch with ranked wz's and server merges & make Mercenary's usefull, then i might resub, got 40 days left to do something or im out for good

Despite their misleading quotes, unfortunately I don't see any of those things occurring anytime soon. Certainly not within 40 days.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.