So who is getting the nerfbat after Sentinels and Marauders?

criminalheretic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the Dev's put forward a reason for their initial "bringing down to expected levels" nerfs I doubt they asked an actual forum veteran for advice on the outcome of their action.

IMHO,

Once you give players the perception that QQ will cause nerfs to other people's FOTM classes, the ball is rolling down hill and is unstoppable.

I would advise all SWTOR players to get ready for never ending attacks on classes by disgruntled "last class nerfed" players who seek nothing more that mutual destruction.

While the Dev's put forward a reason for their initial "bringing down to expected levels" nerfs I doubt they asked an actual forum veteran for advice on the outcome of their action.

IMHO,

Once you give players the perception that QQ will cause nerfs to other people's FOTM classes, the ball is rolling down hill and is unstoppable.

I would advise all SWTOR players to get ready for never ending attacks on classes by disgruntled "last class nerfed" players who seek nothing more that mutual destruction.

this exactly, so far biowar gives the appearance that qq = results. Which is probably why the outcry re maras is so enormous as the weaker players think there is high chances of success following sorc/ops nerfs. Its certainly not a trend bioware will want to continue

I currently play a Powertech, Tankasin, Sorc, and am thinking of leveling up a Sniper.

So most likely any or all of those.

Defintiely Sniper/Gunslinger. If people have a problem with a melee dps class actually doing damage in a melee, the next step is to take away a ranged dps ability to do damage from range.

My snipers got 13k hit points. I kill maras that have better gear then me. I know how to counter it. Seems to be most peoples problems. I don't see any reason to nerf mara/sent. They dont have stealth they dont have any decent crowd control. Most people wait when a scoundrel operative to stun rather then break out of the knock down. With mara sent they have one so you don't exactly have to wait for something else to come and most people break out of choke and do what they can to run as chokes still channelling.

shadows/assassins have the ability to become immune briefly to cc, have that darkward possibly, a vanish, a stun and a knock back which Is more harder to counter with a sniper because they can take you out of your cover and can do just as good a job as locking a healer down with decent burst. Also with a possibility of increasing armor and healing on dealing hits.

I really don't understand why mara/sent needs a nerf. I mean they are a DPS class. They only do dps. If you take away dps of a mara/sent they do what? nothing. 5 seconds of 99% damage reduction....big deal stuns last 4 seconds. You can't counter that? please give me a break..4 seconds of stealth? you cant find them after? not worthy of a nerf either...20% damage reduction..dont hit them for 6 seconds use your heal or knock them back and run for a little it goes away.

If they were bad, there wouldn't really be an issue would there?

Well they are and it is. I sit in cover on a ledge and most maras/sent even with "war hero" title sit underneath in line of sight waiting as if they are trying to charge and wondering why it wont work.

My snipers got 13k hit points. I kill maras that have better gear then me. I know how to counter it. Seems to be most peoples problems. I don't see any reason to nerf mara/sent. They dont have stealth they dont have any decent crowd control. Most people wait when a scoundrel operative to stun rather then break out of the knock down. With mara sent they have one so you don't exactly have to wait for something else to come and most people break out of choke and do what they can to run as chokes still channelling.

shadows/assassins have the ability to become immune briefly to cc, have that darkward possibly, a vanish, a stun and a knock back which Is more harder to counter with a sniper because they can take you out of your cover and can do just as good a job as locking a healer down with decent burst. Also with a possibility of increasing armor and healing on dealing hits.

I really don't understand why mara/sent needs a nerf. I mean they are a DPS class. They only do dps. If you take away dps of a mara/sent they do what? nothing. 5 seconds of 99% damage reduction....big deal stuns last 4 seconds. You can't counter that? please give me a break..4 seconds of stealth? you cant find them after? not worthy of a nerf either...20% damage reduction..dont hit them for 6 seconds use your heal or knock them back and run for a little it goes away.

As a Sentinel/Marauder player that hates fighting snipers... THANK YOU!

You seem to understand the idea that:

You set up cover and I run at you from far away = You kill me.

You insist on running in circles in the middle of a 6 person melee = I kill you.

Balance = Using your class correctly, not just using your CDs correctly.

Well they are and it is. I sit in cover on a ledge and most maras/sent even with "war hero" title sit underneath in line of sight waiting as if they are trying to charge and wondering why it wont work.

Yes, in which case hopefully you kill them quickly, laugh, and aren't filling the forums begging them to be nerfd?

probably operatives again, for no good reason AGAIN, AGAIN srsly... Im still pissed about the triple-nerfbat for no good reason, only one concept of us was OP Edited by Ellvaan
Circumventing the Filter

I really don't understand why mara/sent needs a nerf. I mean they are a DPS class. They only do dps. If you take away dps of a mara/sent they do what? nothing. .

then explain to me the idea behind the arenal merc nerfs, both of them plz

Edited by Cegenaus

Yes, in which case hopefully you kill them quickly, laugh, and aren't filling the forums begging them to be nerfd?

Well I kinda do. Somethings ill throw in a few emotes like /wave /dance and ill type thanks as they are running out of hitpoints for the assassin medal if warrented.

probably operatives again, for no good reason AGAIN, AGAIN srsly... Im still pissed about the triple-nerfbat for no good reason, only one concept of us was OP

Hidden strike can no longer be used in stealth...or out of stealth.

Edited by Ellvaan
Circumventing the Filter

Seriously, guys?

You do realize that Snipers are literally designed to be the natural counter to melee classes, don't you?

You are not some paragon of PvP knowledge for killing a Marauder w/ a Sniper, just like it does not make a Marauder a "skilled player" to take out a healer. You are killing the class you have the MOST advantages against.

You are just doing what your class is designed to do. <.<

If you were a Sorc posting vids of how you can effectively beat well-played Marauders through skill and class knowledge, I'd applaud you. What you've written here, however, is just silly.

Edited by Varicite

then explain to me the idea behind the arenal merc nerfs, both of them plz

which one? the toning down of Tracer missle? That would be probably because they compared it to snipe..similar cast times but crit harder and has the increased chance to hit being a tech attack. coupled with an armor debuff, the buff for your other skill assoicated with it via heat signatures and the crazy procs and the heat reduction on crits making your resource bar pretty much negliable. I only have a mid range bounty hunter and only played tracer missle spam spec and once I got a few talents I could spam it like crazy and not worry about heat management. That and its RANGED. But I guess you want comparisions to mara/sent in which case your main attack in your rotation was doing 2.4-3.3k crits compared to main of attack of a mara/sent doing about 1700 crit with melee range and no armor debuff along with a reduce bonus due to being phyiscal.

Tracer missle and heat seeker missles have the added bonus of getting based off tech attacks meaning that your weapons that provide + like 613 tech power bonus get factored in compared to snipers who are phyiscal so that tech bonus doesnt apply. Same with mara.

The other spec your healing tree(you know because your trees have 2 roles as opposed to mara's one) is still quite capable of healing real well, just your resource is more in line with operative/smuggler healing trees same with sorcs. The nerf as I understand it was more to balance the 3 healers in line with each other. All 3 seem to be capable healers but operatives/scoundrel healers seemed to run out of resource alot quicker then the other 2 prior to 1.2. Also you had more defence compared to a scoundrel/operative same with sorcs with knock backs, stuns. You have your shield which also lets you ignore interrupts for a bit. Operatives/scoundrels had vanish as a defensive cool down which neuters the healing. Ops/scoundrels have a shield which absorbs maybe half an attack it seems.

You seem to understand the idea that:

You set up cover and I run at you from far away = You kill me.

You insist on running in circles in the middle of a 6 person melee = I kill you.

Balance = Using your class correctly, not just using your CDs correctly.

I just read a bad marauder agree with a bad sniper. It was entertaining.

which one? the toning down of Tracer missle? That would be probably because they compared it to snipe..similar cast times but crit harder and has the increased chance to hit being a tech attack. coupled with an armor debuff, the buff for your other skill assoicated with it via heat signatures and the crazy procs and the heat reduction on crits making your resource bar pretty much negliable. I only have a mid range bounty hunter and only played tracer missle spam spec and once I got a few talents I could spam it like crazy and not worry about heat management. That and its RANGED. But I guess you want comparisions to mara/sent in which case your main attack in your rotation was doing 2.4-3.3k crits compared to main of attack of a mara/sent doing about 1700 crit with melee range and no armor debuff along with a reduce bonus due to being phyiscal.

Tracer missle and heat seeker missles have the added bonus of getting based off tech attacks meaning that your weapons that provide + like 613 tech power bonus get factored in compared to snipers who are phyiscal so that tech bonus doesnt apply. Same with mara.

The other spec your healing tree(you know because your trees have 2 roles as opposed to mara's one) is still quite capable of healing real well, just your resource is more in line with operative/smuggler healing trees same with sorcs. The nerf as I understand it was more to balance the 3 healers in line with each other. All 3 seem to be capable healers but operatives/scoundrel healers seemed to run out of resource alot quicker then the other 2 prior to 1.2. Also you had more defence compared to a scoundrel/operative same with sorcs with knock backs, stuns. You have your shield which also lets you ignore interrupts for a bit. Operatives/scoundrels had vanish as a defensive cool down which neuters the healing. Ops/scoundrels have a shield which absorbs maybe half an attack it seems.

so because we do tech damage we arent allowed to do any damage at all? like you said, we only do damage so if you take it away what else can we do?

btw tracer is activated so it makes us immobile and its also highly interruptable but that wasnt enough i guess. also, the second nerf for arsenal is HSM, not bodyguard, thats another spec

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.