Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

Guildrum

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowdaar is terrible. I especially hate how he wets himself with disapproval at any sign of being aggressive towards evil Sith.

Skadge is terrible. Useless, if you pick every [go away] option he ends up threatening you to take him along, when he is clearly standing in front of your face and you can blast him at your leisure.

Torian is a really boring generic 'honorable good guy.' He's Mandalorian, that's about it. But by the time you meet him, you probably are one too.

Rusk. Why is he on my ship? He's boring, ugly, and I he doesn't fill in a spot i needed in the crew. Like Skadge, he's just... there.

Broonmark. Why are you with me? I called you ugly many times. Just go away.

Vette. I took the collar off early on. I wish I could put it back on.

Skadge was totally useless, for the reasons you all said.

I didn't like Akaavi either. Her DPS wasn't as good as Risha and most of the time she's just crazy, but not the fun Sith Warrior kind of crazy.

I haven't played a lot with it but I wasn't much into Khem Val.

Skadge was totally useless, for the reasons you all said.

I didn't like Akaavi either. Her DPS wasn't as good as Risha and most of the time she's just crazy, but not the fun Sith Warrior kind of crazy.

I haven't played a lot with it but I wasn't much into Khem Val.

Khem Val grows on you if you take him for what he is. He got rudely awakened from a millenia long nap with NO SAMMICH available to snack on. He's grumpy. He also has the dryest sense of humor in the game. He won me over by making me chuckle with his remarks about Skotia, Sabacc, and Tatooine.

Me in referrence to Skotia: Khem, can you eat him?

Khem: More machine than man. Bad for the digestion.

On Nar Shaddaa when you go into the Slippery Slopes Cantina: I have a good Sabacc face. That was a joke. I hate Sabacc.

On Tatooine: We could destroy this place and nobody would notice.

Edited by Captain_Zone

• 4 weeks later...
My BH was the exact opposite - A guardian of justice who lived by a code of honor. For him, Mako was the perfect companion and Skadge came out of left field. Still, it does strike me as somehow in character that he would keep Skadge around. Kinda like how Mal kept Jayne around - He makes things interesting.

I would have seriously liked to have Skadge in my BH storyline during the time I:

The Mandalorian keg party at the end of 1.

Beating up the snooty Alderaanian noble.

Vandalizing the Alderaanian museum.

Killing the Jedi Master's Padawan at the end of 1.

Slaughtering the Ugnaughts on Nar Shadaa.

Killing the colonel at the end of Balmorra after the Murghir fight.

Edited by AhsokaTanorules

I've been playing my IA, and I just don't know what to think about Kaliyo. She did a few things that sort of won me over:

- Saying we were going to "girl talk" when she first joined up with me

- Teasing me about flirting with that guy on Balmorra

- Giving me 40 affection for sleeping with that fat dude on Nar Shaddaa, and then 40 more for telling Watcher X he was a creepy perv for watching

But then I lose affection over some really messed up things, like not killing children on Balmorra. Apparently the only thing Kaliyo likes about my agent is that she's kinda skanky. I don't get it. Mostly she's annoying.

In order:

1. Corso Riggs - After the major twist at the end of Ord Mantell, and the death of someone I actually liked, Corso proceeds to lecture me on killing the person that committed the betrayal. I can't forgive him for that, and his "down on the farm" naivety is too much, to the point it grates on me.

2. Vette - I leave the shock collar on. That's how annoying I find her.

3. Khem Val - If this lizard thing threatens me one more time, I will find the deepest darkest reactor pit on the Imperial Fleet and push him over the railing.

(Dis)Honorable Mention: Sgt. Rusk

i dont think khem is a lizard and yes i hated him so mcuh at first i wanted to kill him myself but the end of act 1 makes him so funny and later you get a option to do something that you may want to go for.

corso i like my female smugg makes fun of his farmboy attitude and hes a good romance for her

Vette is also one i liked i thougth about leaving the collor on i did till i left dromund kas then took it off and married her in the end (still full darkside thougth.

boomark however i havent used since hoth and never plan to, his reason for joining u was rubbish and if i really needed a tank companion (i dont as i am one) id have pierce any day hes fun.

Definately Broonmark, he comes in at the end of the game, he is horrible at dps, all he talks about is revenge, even though he already accomplished that. His story is as dimensional as a 1 way street. He's pointless, lets hope biowares keeping some secret for him or a story that affects him directly.

I absoluley love Kira, but unfortunatley, she takes very little aggro. Im not saying replace her, im saying increase her threat generation a bit.

Thats what t7 is for kira is not a tank.

Why all the hate for Rusk anyway? He gets affection for every thing i say i dont even need gifts.

Edited by Chanez

Smuggler: Risha- I like her, realy fun companion and realy good story but since article is "pointless companion" it is Risha for smuggler, as gunslinger you use Guss, Bowdaar or Corso, as scoundral you use Guss if you are dps, or a tank companion/or Avaki if you are healer, my first char was gunslinger and I used even protocol droid more than Risha.

Jedi Knight: T7- Again I like it, cute little friend but never used it after I take other companions(except last mission), my second char was guardian(defense) and I used a dps companion always and if I need extra heal I used Doc, lately I just use Lord Scourge(in dps mode and gear), he can heal me and himself, even if you need a tank companion there is no reason to use T7 while you can use Lord Scourge.

Sith Inquisitor: None, you can use all of them depending on situation and your subclass/spec.

Bounty Hunter: None, all of them are usefull depending on your subclass/spec.

Smuggler: Risha- I like her, realy fun companion and realy good story but since article is "pointless companion" it is Risha for smuggler, as gunslinger you use Guss, Bowdaar or Corso, as scoundral you use Guss if you are dps, or a tank companion/or Avaki if you are healer, my first char was gunslinger and I used even protocol droid more than Risha.

Jedi Knight: T7- Again I like it, cute little friend but never used it after I take other companions(except last mission), my second char was guardian(defense) and I used a dps companion always and if I need extra heal I used Doc, lately I just use Lord Scourge(in dps mode and gear), he can heal me and himself, even if you need a tank companion there is no reason to use T7 while you can use Lord Scourge.

Sith Inquisitor: None, you can use all of them depending on situation and your subclass/spec.

Bounty Hunter: None, all of them are usefull depending on your subclass/spec.

For overwhelming DPS, I use Risha with my Gunslinger. And with a Sentinel, T7 makes a great tank as long as you keep his mods up. Granted, with my Guardian, I used Kira religiously for her DPS output, and I had to quick rig up T7 for the last mission.

Ugh, a LITTLE warning would have been nice on that, BioWare. It caught me off-guard and I was left going WTH??? Haven't used the little dude since Coruscant, and NOW you tell me I have to use him to take on the Emperor???

Ok so on my Inquisitor it has to be Xalek. I get him so late in the story that even if I were a sorcerer as opposed to an assassin I still probably wouldn't have used him based on Khen being better geared at that point. Contrary to this though, I really like Talos both as a role filler and a storyline interest. His whole story revolving his mentor really interested me and I liked his personality for being less about how evil/good he is and more focuser on his realistic nature to an extent,

On my Gunslinger it is without a doubt, Bowdaar. I don't know if it's because he's so very generic Wookie, or just worse at tanking than Corso but something didn't feel right with him from the off. I must admit though, I was kind of disappointed with a lot of the smuggler companion storyline. I wanted a unique and different story for my smuggler, not to be running around with a Wookie, a princess, a farmboy/an almost Jedi, and an annoying droid just like Han.

On my BH the only one who feels out of place is Skadge. I can accept Gault despite his faults as being someone who sees my BH as the best person to be around to gain credits whilst also not being an easy target, and faking his death and joining me was about the only way he could avoid being actually killed, but with Skadge there seems to be no reason to actually be with my BH beyond getting a ride off Belsavis. He doesn't like anything I do and never did on Belsavis and there just seems to be no comparability that would actually make him think "Here's a guy I'd like to hang around with.".

On my DS JK Guardian everyone seems to fit well. Unlike other Jedi I feel Rusk fits with my Knight as they both care about results more than anything else and think strictly about the win regardless of what means it takes to achieve it. Scourge can see the darkness and stays because of it. Kira has fallen under his sway and Doc and T7 have both been tricked into believing that he's a much better guy than he really is.

Edited by Chaac

• 3 months later...

ok the first few pages i put khem but aft6er maxing out his affection, i like him now.

but Broomark just seems so futile, i treated him like crap and he still joins up i soo wanted to just say no go away or choke him but alas at least i have a crafter monkey

Jedi Knight: Rusk. he was so bland i forgot why he even joined me.

Bounty Hunter: Skadge. i wanted to kill him so bad all throughout Belsavis.

Smuggler: none, actually. i think the smuggler has a nicely balanced crew. as for Bowdaar, my ship has been stolen once already. i don't mind the extra muscle lounging around if it means extra security.

Consular: Iresso. like Rusk, i don't remember why he's here.

Trooper: none. they all serve their purpose.

haven't played through the other stories far enough to pick yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Talos for the inquisitor was pretty weak. I think he is gay to. Rusk for the knight kinda blew. Boring and one dimensional. However he made it up for his dry personality by being a chagrian commado. He is alot like my ex. i liked the way he looked but thats about it. Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

Talos for the inquisitor was pretty weak. I think he is gay to. Rusk for the knight kinda blew. Boring and one dimensional. However he made it up for his dry personality by being a tortuga commado. He is alot like my ex. i liked the way he looked but thats about it.

Tortuga commando?.. Really?..

I have played through SI and SW, only useless one so far for me is Boonmark or whatever his name is. So pointless that I can't even remember his proper name. Sure I do not use Xalek for example, but he actually serves purpose while that Boon guy is simply pointless beside crafting.

Qyzen Fess.

I got Tharan... never used him again. And if you really need a tank, you have Iresso. Oh, and he doesn't speak Basic, so you have to sift through all those XP messages just to read what he said... which is usually something annoying about keeping score and whatnot. Not to mention he looks ugly as all get out. Although for some reason I always hear people talking about romancing him, which just... yuck. General chat continues to reduce my faith in humanity. :/

So, yeah, Qyzen. Glad he's stuck down in the basement, all the way in the back, where I can pretty much forget about him entirely. :D

Edited by Cessna_X

I've always had mixed feelings about Peirce. I liked his character and his personality seemed to match up quite well with my darkside warrior but unfortunately his competence in battle never seemed to live up his supposedly exceptional abilities that he demonstrated on Taris. Storyline-wise I really liked him, but gamplay wise, I soon nicknamed him "Lieutenant Useless" because one or both of us would keep getting "killed" in combat whenever I picked him out to accompany me. I don't think he even made it past Quesh. I had a sort of similar problem with Iresso on my Consular, although not as obvious.

T-7 is great but I almost never used him after I got Kira, because I just didn't find him as interesting as any of my organic characters despite being more interesting than most other droids.

Edited by OldVengeance