Sage OP

comasutra

Sorry but I'm sure it's been said many times here, I'm new to forums as I haven't had a reason since the beginning of the game to complain but Sages are WAY too OP. I'm all for class balance and the PvP in this game is FAR from balanced. Look at the group make ups on Republic side, at least half the team are Sage/Sentinel if not more. Constantly 3+ Imperials taking on one Sage and the Sage stands there and heals all day until his little buddies show up to save him. Barely making a scratch in their HP. If I don't see it fixed soon I'm afraid it's time to quit the game as PvP is the main draw for me. No, I'm not gonna re-roll to Sage to compensate for my QQ. The amount of these have sky rocketed since Bioware broke the game. I guarantee if they get nerfed, the population of Sage's drops dramatically and these so called "pvpers" can move on to the next OP class to compensate for their lack of skill. Edited by Notannos
rude

Guardians.....OP

Sentinels.......OP

Shadows.......OP

Sages............OP

Commando....OP

Vanguards.....OP

Gunslingers...OP

Scoundrels....OP

Juggernauts..OP

Marauders....OP

Sorcerers.....OP

Assassins....OP

Mercenaries.OP

Powertechs..OP

Snipers........OP

Operatives...OP

They're all OP this game is bs.

I don't like it when ppl have nothing more constructive to say then 'u bad', 'l2play', etc.

But to this OP that doesn't begin to cover it. 3 of anything can melt a sage with a blind cat controlling all 3 keyboards on a 300bps connection lol. If you can't I'd consider something a bit less challenging such as Words with Friends.

Edited by BBCHiyde

Sorc/Sage isn't OP. Mara/Sent is less OP'd than Powertech/Vanguard. Tankassin/Shadow is the biggest issue. Healing isn't anywhere near as gimped as most people think - requires some fine-tuning and altered stat-stacking with some slightly different tactics, and one really good healer can keep most of their team alive. Nothing about sorc./sage is even remotely OP'd damage or healing-wise now. In fact they only have ONE possible high damage dealing ability (well, high for a sorc/sage) and even if it crits on all 3 targets, it will still only deal about 2k more total damage (all 3 added together) than many other classes' single target abilities deal to a single player.

I don't like it when ppl have nothing more constructive to say then 'u bad', 'l2play', etc.

But to this OP that doesn't begin to cover it. 3 of anything can melt a sage with a blind cat controlling all 3 keyboards on a 300bps connection lol. If you can't I'd consider something a bit less challenging such as Words with Friends.

^^ seriously. Hell, 3 heal-specced classes can deal enough off-damage to kill us now (unless we're heal-specced, then it'd just take a while for them to have every activation time healing ability locked out from their interrupts) or they'll just have to wait until we run out of force (which happens frequently now).

guardians.....op

sentinels.......op

shadows.......op

sages............op

commando....op

vanguards.....op

gunslingers...op

scoundrels....op

juggernauts..op

marauders....op

sorcerers.....op

assassins....op

mercenaries.op

powertechs..op

snipers........op

operatives...op

they're all op this game is bs.

+1000

Both as a Healer and as a DD, the Sage is probably the worst class right now, maybe in DD the comm is a bit worse cuz interrupting him is just devastating.

If you srsly think sages need to be nerfed, you are clearly doing sth wrong.

- Sages have very low survivability

- Interrupting them will take out a lot of DPS or Heal

- Their stuns/CC can easily be removed

- There are enough roots, stuns and slows to counter Force-Speed

- They do the least Healig and the least DD, especially if you stay out of their AoE, throw ppl out of their Voidheal and remove DoT's fast, so it's actually easy to simply ignore them, if they wouldn't die if you simply stare at them for a second....

I'm full modded T3 with 3 T4-pieces as a DD with max stuns/CC and I literally die within seconds against a Mara/powertech/slinger that spikes me down.... -.-°

Edited by kickinhead

Sorry but I'm sure it's been said many times here, I'm new to forums as I haven't had a reason since the beginning of the game to complain but Sages are WAY too OP. I'm all for class balance and the PvP in this game is FAR from balanced. Look at the group make ups on Republic side, at least half the team are Sage/Sentinel if not more. Constantly 3+ Imperials taking on one Sage and the Sage stands there and heals all day until his little buddies show up to save him. Barely making a scratch in their HP. If I don't see it fixed soon I'm afraid it's time to quit the game as PvP is the main draw for me. No, I'm not gonna re-roll to Sage to compensate for my QQ. The amount of these have sky rocketed since Bioware broke the game. I guarantee if they get nerfed, the population of Sage's drops dramatically and these so called "pvpers" can move on to the next OP class to compensate for their lack of skill. Go back to WoW you losers.

What are the names of these OP sages? I'd like to learn their secrets.

with 1.2 's class icons there is no longer any need for a leader in PVP to put a target on my head. its already there.

And atleast on my server my name seems to be known by the sith pvp guilds, cause they all gang up on me before going for anyone else, unless there a better (known) healer.

pvp healer, the deadliests job there is. those fishermen have nothing on me :p

Both as a Healer and as a DD, the Sage is probably the worst class right now, maybe in DD the comm is a bit worse cuz interrupting him is just devastating.

If you srsly think sages need to be nerfed, you are clearly doing sth wrong.

- Sages have very low survivability

- Interrupting them will take out a lot of DPS or Heal

- Their stuns/CC can easily be removed

- There are enough roots, stuns and slows to counter Force-Speed

- They do the least Healig and the least DD, especially if you stay out of their AoE, throw ppl out of their Voidheal and remove DoT's fast, so it's actually easy to simply ignore them, if they wouldn't die if you simply stare at them for a second....

I'm full modded T3 with 3 T4-pieces as a DD with max stuns/CC and I literally die within seconds against a Mara/powertech/slinger that spikes me down.... -.-°

Please. These points make sense in a mythical world where everything is perfect. Yeah, they don't do the most damage in the world, but they are by far still gods on the field. They have more CC than pretty much every class regardless of how easy it is to remove. The only better CC is from a scoundrel/operative. They're force speed is ungodly useful regardless of whether there are roots. By the time you can root them its already too late. And most importantly Force bubble is way too good. All you need is one sage bubbling everyone and the game goes to them.

Yeah, on paper the sage is a bit weaker now. But in the game is different.

Please. These points make sense in a mythical world where everything is perfect. Yeah, they don't do the most damage in the world, but they are by far still gods on the field. They have more CC than pretty much every class regardless of how easy it is to remove. The only better CC is from a scoundrel/operative. They're force speed is ungodly useful regardless of whether there are roots. By the time you can root them its already too late. And most importantly Force bubble is way too good. All you need is one sage bubbling everyone and the game goes to them.

so let's see:

force bubble is "too good" - absorbs around 2.5 or 3 k when we know what some ACs can crit at now:p

- force speed has (1) a CD, and (2) you can be slowed

- other classes have a fair amount of CC, and ever hear of the resolve bar?

Given the above, and I could go into more, that makes sages/sorcs far from "gods".

And btw, one bubble on a team won't win a match ( although I am always all for it)

I used to grind my teeth at Sorcs, wail and scream at the lightning spewing onto my Gunslinger or any other Rep alt I play... id spew 'damn **** Sorcs!!!!' across the Op's channel in disgust.

Then recently I decided to make a Sorc Alt... From my limited experience of the Sorc/Sage, now I will always tip my hat to a well played Sorc or Sage. They are neither OP or easymode... if anything they are a damn fine class and the sheer work they have to do when being played to their full is quite extreme (bubbling, healing, stunning, dps... often all at the same time), and the pay out for such effort often is great but it goes unnoticed by team mates an awful lot.

I suggest you do the same OP... play one, If I as a previously dyed in the wool Sorc/Sage hater can change my views by doing so, im sure you can be enlightened also.

Edited by BigfootNZ

I'll give up my lolbubble if all "cleanse" abilities are removed from the game. This way I have a good chance of causing some meaningful damage before the foaming-at-the-mouth melee nut job horde rampages in to cannibalize my corpse.

I'll give up my lolbubble if all "cleanse" abilities are removed from the game. This way I have a good chance of causing some meaningful damage before the foaming-at-the-mouth melee nut job horde rampages in to cannibalize my corpse.

that feel bro. that feel.