Being Rude

LucasFFXI

I like to discuss on players being mean and rude to other players during PvP and Warzones. Why is it that players make rude emotions (laughing and spitting for example) and insults to their opponents? Does it achieve something? Does it make themselves a better person? Do they take the game seriously like a bunch of no-life overweight nerds overdose on energy drinks and cheetoes dust all over their sweaty shirt? There could be young teens playing this game and they can be offended to open up a ticket. But still, it's just a game. Everyone should just have fun, make friends and respect other players instead of removing the fun with drama and being rude like they did with WoW.

I like to discuss on players being mean and rude to other players during PvP and Warzones. Why is it that players make rude emotions (laughing and spitting for example) and insults to their opponents? Does it achieve something? Does it make themselves a better person? Do they take the game seriously like a bunch of no-life overweight nerds overdose on energy drinks and cheetoes dust all over their sweaty shirt? There could be young teens playing this game and they can be offended to open up a ticket. But still, it's just a game. Everyone should just have fun, make friends and respect other players instead of removing the fun with drama and being rude like they did with WoW.

I think they do it in hopes of threads like these.

If anyone's taking the game seriously, its you. I personally don't use 'rude' emotes as you put them, but do you really think they actually mean anything by it? Its friendly banter, you're the one taking offence. Grow up.

Whoa, don't be mean.

I find it amusing that you come from FFXI. I think that's pretty close to how I felt when I started playing WoW after 6 years of FFXI.

You get used to it after a while, unfortunately.

Why everyone should be polite and respectful with one another? Does it achieve something?

Why are you talking about achieving something? That's a video game!

Edited by Waib

Why is it that players make rude emotions (laughing and spitting for example) and insults to their opponents?

like a bunch of no-life overweight nerds overdose on energy drinks and cheetoes dust all over their sweaty shirt?

I think you answered your own question there. This kind of behavior is often due to frustration. Anonymous internet communication seems to be a common way to vent for some. Just like you are frustrated by them and come here to vent by insulting them back.

Thus the cycle begins...

edit: Post 666 - this must mean something...venting is evil...

Edited by wtfnonamefree

I think you answered your own question there. This kind of behavior is often due to frustration. Anonymous internet communication seems to be a common way to vent for some. Just like you are frustrated by them and come here to vent by insulting them back.

Thus the cycle begins...

edit: Post 666 - this must mean something...venting is evil...

We have a winner!

Edited by Ellvaan
Spam (Pmd)

If anyone's taking the game seriously, its you. I personally don't use 'rude' emotes as you put them, but do you really think they actually mean anything by it? Its friendly banter, you're the one taking offence. Grow up.

Your whining isn't the answer I'm looking for.

Our generation fundamentally lacks respect for people, because many people are indeed very stupid and annoying. But the ones pointing it out are in the first category so its rare to find polite people nowadays.

So people are just less respectful than they used to be?

Our generation fundamentally lacks respect for people, because many people are indeed very stupid and annoying. But the ones pointing it out are in the first category so its rare to find polite people nowadays.

I completely and utterly disagree. If you find yourself surrounded by douchenozzles, its because you CHOSE to surround yourself with douchenozzles. Through my experience in a few decades now, is that it isn't limited to todays youth. It's all about our choices.

You do have a point. A very good point indeed. It seems nobody wants to be adult about the thread in this generation. Instead it's just baiting more stupid and annoying people like you said.

It's a war... why should you be polite to the enemy?

And if you worry about teens beeng offended by laughing / spitting etc, shouldnt you be more worried about them wanting to kill the enemy....

anything rude about /hug?

that's typically what I use. . .not always to be nice. although sometimes I'll use it when I feel remorseful that someone is going to get squashed 3v1. but typically I use it in a smart-*** manner in order to get under their skin

Not all emotes are rude: hug, kiss, etc. do i do that in a WZ? no. why? it serves no purpose and takes time away from the fighting. why are people rude in the game? well, my theory is: They are too much of a ***** in real life, and talking **** in person can be dangerous, they can be a supper bad *** in a video game to make up for their lack of accomplishment IRL and satisfy their own insecurities, because in a video game, they do not run the risk of getting into any kind of trouble. i have seen it many times before, these people who act like this in a video game have the same mentality and MO's as criminals, vandals, social outcasts, etc. i not saying that they are, i am just doing a comparison. and the fact that more and more people are acting like this in the virtual world is validating a hypothesis of a colleague of mine: Morality and decency are taking a back seat in today's society, due to the fact that no consequences are involved, and like that of Rome, so shall we fall.

Rude people: report them, even if they are on your team. harassment of any kind should never be tolerated.

Its just a way for emotionally under-developed ppl to feel superior and powerful. It's 'Internet warrior' syndrom, it makes them feel tough coz in RL they would nvr do that to anyone.