Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

Glzmo

I mean look at the post above.. Clearly putting chat bubbles above free space flight?? And you wonder why some people have a negative view of chat bubbles?? Because the people in this thread are negative toward anyone that has a difference of opinion.. Anyone who speaks out against chat bubbles.. Chat bubbles is not the be all end all feature of the game.. In fact most people don't even want it.. That is simply the truth.. You RP people need to come to terms with the idea that you aren't special and you have no priority over anyone else..

We are getting free flight space flight because most of the people want it.. That isn't the case with chat bubbles.. Sorry..

Now for being negative.. I think a mirror is in order.. For both of you.. :)

Never said they should put chat bubbles before free space flight, where did I say that? I said, the feature was and has been requested just as long as chat bubbles. And it's odd that a small feature which every MMO has hasn't been added yet or re-addressed as something they can't do if that's the case.

Edited by Hendar

Never said they should put chat bubbles before free space flight, where did I say that? I said, the feature was and has been requested just as long as chat bubbles. And it's odd that a small feature which every MMO has hasn't been added yet or re-addressed as something they can't do if that's the case.

Yeah not to mention now they're adding another feature over chat bubbles that requires way more work than the bubbles that has been requested. Increased space combat, which is nice but it seems like chat bubbles are a small feature compared to and has been requested just as long.

The statement above clearly implies that you think chat bubbles should be added before free space.. Otherwise making the statement above is pointless.. Even in your latest post.. You go on to attempt to qualify your previous statements by saying it is a small feature that every MMO has...

Seriously.. What do you expect others to take from those remarks?? We get it.. You are upset that chat bubbles aren't being added and free space is.. Which goes to my comments..

Do you honestly think that Chat bubbles are being skipped over just to piss you guys off?? Do you really think that Bioware has not responded just to make you feel ignored and to upset it's customers?? Do you really believe what is or isn't in some other video game has any bearing on this one?? Does common sense mean anything to you??

It has been explained a billion times.. Chat bubbles were in the game for a short time after early release first started, and then turned off due to severe performance issues.. They were actually hacked back on and Bioware had to patch the game to break the hack in the start up routine to turn off Chat bubbles again.. Not real smart of someone, but oh well..

No.. The issues with chat bubbles have not been fixed.. If they had, then Bioware would announce it... Bioware isn't going to pop in here just to appease you people and give you an update until there is an update to give.. Again I must mention common sense..

It doesn't matter how long something has been requested.. That is a meaningless statement on your part.. The issue with chat bubbles hasn't been fixed.. That is all that matters.. We aren't going to get chat bubbles until they are fixed.. Case closed.. Here is that common sense again..

The free space flight thing has no bearing on chat bubbles or the issues with chat bubbles.. They are essentially redoing the space portion of the game.. Something that we load into a separate part of the engine for.. So one has nothing to do with the other..

Everyone on the forums and Bioware knows you all want chat bubbles.. But as I said.. Until Bioware has something to report on the issue, they aren't and they shouldn't say anything.. They aren't required to check in with us or you.. Again.. Common sense.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

Wow that's an opinion he had? I must have entered the twilight zone since last time I checked an opinion had more than one sentence.

And yeah I understand that but he made no argument, he just made a snide remark on my post. Nothing else.

Saying something is out date isn't an opinion??? Since when??

I was unaware of some size limit to an opinion..

He called it a small feature that was out dated 6 years ago.. Clearly that is an opinion..

I would say you have entered the twilight zone.. Sorry..

So?? If I were to say 'The dog is ugly.' that wouldn't be an opinion in your standards?? Just curious.. :confused:

Saying something is out date isn't an opinion??? Since when??

I was unaware of some size limit to an opinion..

He called it a small feature that was out dated 6 years ago.. Clearly that is an opinion..

I would say you have entered the twilight zone.. Sorry..

So?? If I were to say 'The dog is ugly.' that wouldn't be an opinion in your standards?? Just curious.. :confused:

dat one liner

So I'm not allowed to ask him why he thought it was dated? It's not much of an opinion or argument if he doesn't elaborate why is it?

dat one liner

So I'm not allowed to ask him why he thought it was dated? It's not much of an opinion or argument if he doesn't elaborate why is it?

Sure you are allowed to ask why he thought it was out dated..

Curious what you're adding to this thread? How is it dated? Care to explain your point of view other than just spouting random negativity and how does chat bubbles in any way shape or form impact you negatively when they are clearly intended to be optional?

Just the bolded part could have been left out..

How is it dated? Care to explain your point of view?

That is what your post should have looked like.. Well.. Or something like that.. I am not going to tell you what to say..

That is the beauty of opinions.. You don't have to support them.. You don't have to explain them.. Some people do and some people don't.. None the less, what he said was an opinion and he was within his right to say it.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

Sure you are allowed to ask why he thought it was out dated..

Just the bolded part could have been left out..

That is what your post should have looked like.. Well.. Or something like that.. I am not going to tell you what to say..

That is the beauty of opinions.. You don't have to support them.. You don't have to explain them.. Some people do and some people don't.. None the less, what he said was an opinion and he was within his right to say it.. :)

Well I just thought the way he said it was very rude so I responded in kind.

Coming from the NYC Cantina Tour, I have news!

So I asked my question at the Q and A, and you can all guess what it was. It was about Chat Bubbles of course! They had a good reply too.

Now, I'm not sure I'm supposed to say anything about it, but I was told by a reliable source (Who answered my question) that Chat Bubbles are indeed being worked on, and they want to offer them even better than before. They also hinted at something better than chat bubbles coming as well.

So, my Chat Bubble wanting people... Sometime in the future we will be getting what we want. I don't know how long we'll have to wait, but they reassured me we will be getting that feature!

Nothing is ever wanted by everyone. Chat bubbles have been requested (and promised to be added) for a long time, much longer than many of the features that have been added to the game so far. After almost two years, it truly is time that they are finally added so those of us that have been waiting for them for so long will finally be able to enjoy them.

It was never promised to be added. As was stated in the thread they said it was very unlikely because of the server side performance issues it was creating over taxing the system.

Edited by Hyfy

So I asked my question at the Q and A, and you can all guess what it was. It was about Chat Bubbles of course! They had a good reply too.

Now, I'm not sure I'm supposed to say anything about it, but I was told by a reliable source (Who answered my question) that Chat Bubbles are indeed being worked on, and they want to offer them even better than before. They also hinted at something better than chat bubbles coming as well.

So, my Chat Bubble wanting people... Sometime in the future we will be getting what we want. I don't know how long we'll have to wait, but they reassured me we will be getting that feature!

if this is correct then that is great news indeed! :rak_03:

It was never promised to be added. As was stated in the thread they said it was very unlikely because of the server side performance issues it was creating over taxing the system.

Not unlikely, just being worked on to the degree they want them. Look back at the quotes I posted :).

Also I forgot to mention that they have a prioritized list of features they want to add in the game and "Chat Bubbles are relatively high up on that list".

Its ok if any of you doubt my credibility though. I was there and I know what I heard so I'm at least content with the answers I got :).

Edited by SawneyRath

Uhhhhhh________cool______:cool:

Chat bubbles are one of the most important features of any mmo i have played. i dont care to those fanboy trolls who say well people dont want them, even though every mmo in history lets you turn them off its just stupid they even use that as a reply...

when im doing either pvp or pve people should be able to see me on screen say heal or help or whatever i say without looking into chat and finding the name that could be from anywhere on the map.

also when questing or on fleet it removed all immersion from the world especially for RP, this has being going on for years now and needs to be TOP of the to do list, it can't take that long to fix dam chat bubbles when the worst free to play Asian games have them.

they keep pumping out these freaking cartel packs but fail to fix the problems we have subbed for 2 years and have expected since beta.

Not unlikely, just being worked on to the degree they want them. Look back at the quotes I posted :).

Also I forgot to mention that they have a prioritized list of features they want to add in the game and "Chat Bubbles are relatively high up on that list".

Its ok if any of you doubt my credibility though. I was there and I know what I heard so I'm at least content with the answers I got :).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you a liar but I tend to hold statements made second hand at arms length until I see evidence of such from the actual sources.

Thank you very much for asking them about it and bringing us the news!

Then again, they said it was a top priority feature to add right after launch once, too, so I'm not holding my breath. But I hope they will get to finish them really soon so the game becomes alot more enjoyable.

As for "something better than chat bubbles", I guess it may be something like voice chat or even a (better working) variant of SOEmote, although I wouldn't call that "better than chat bubbles" myself, as that only works for people with the proper hardware and the ability to speak. If we get chat bubbles and these features, it would be ideal, of course. :)

Super! Thanks, Sawney! At least there is still hope! I can't wait to see chat bubbles in action. I hope they'll be here before my subscription runs out. If not, I'll give the game another chance and resubscribe once they are in the game or at least on public test to check them out.

No problem! They know we want them, and they are working on making the whole Chat Bubble system better than it was in Beta. Including fixing all the lag it created.

I hope to see them soon, and from the answer they gave me (Can't quite recall the exact words) it sounds like we won't have to wait a ridiculous amount of time.

Let's just hope this doesn't go the way of the 'already working on' items and other promised features following the guild summit.
Agreed. Then again, it was one of the 'already working on' items/features following the guild summit anyway.

Maybe they have been working on them this whole time. But if developers require two years to be able implement one feature, it doesn´t exactly speak for their abilities.

Edited by Stubacca

Agreed. Then again, it was one of the 'already working on' items/features following the guild summit anyway.

Maybe they have been working on them this whole time. But if developers require two years to be able implement one feature, it doesn´t exactly speak for their abilities.

OR

It means that the issues Chat Bubbles were causing were super difficult to fix, and of course they have a whole game to run, more content to make, and other stuff to do too. Probably they have to get off work at some point as well.

As Chat Bubbles are not a major feature that will gain them lots of money, they probably worked/work on them at their own pace and will release them once they are happy with the state of them.

That's just my thoughts though. I don't think they are horrible programmers or what have you. Just busy as hell.

If nameplates on people and text already cause some performance degeneration .

Imagine the amount of chat bubbles going to do for RPers with there I only want to rp boxes !

Sorry maybe they should fix the nameplates issue first , then look what is causing the degeneration .

Cause them able to implement chat bubbles or already have them working .

Means they still have not fixed the name tag etc issue !

I was just about to post about this , but you already did cool , here's a link , just in case people don't believe you/us. At least they are still on the wall , I'm really intrigued , what could be better after space :o

http://swtor-rp.com/home/m/1639454/article/1828224/page/1

Almost there , stay on target , chat bubbles!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Thanks for posting the link to our article! You beat me to it.

The interpretation is a little different. From the podcast, it seems like chat bubbles are still a fair way off, despite the devs knowing that we want them.