Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

Glzmo

Pretty rude remark....

I like how you decided to call us names when all we doing is asking for a feature. Grow up

If that was all you did, then there wouldn't be an issue.. But that isn't all you do now is it?? You all really need to take a look at the view the community has of you.. It isn't good and full of warm fuzzies I can tell you that..

As for growing up?? I would say the people that need to learn patience are the ones that need to grow up.. Yes.. I am talking about all the people that bump this thread endlessly for no reason and the people that create new threads for no reason demanding a response from Bioware.. Those are the people that need to grow up.. :rolleyes:

Don't feed the trolls.

I just returned after a 6 month absence and am quite astonished that we still don't have chat bubbles. It would be nice if the developers had enough respect for us to give us an update on this: Is it coming soon? Is it not happening at all? Is it still on the list but not going to happen within 1/2/3/4/5 years?

Can we at the very least get them and have a "Toggle Chat Bubbles" option in case anyone wants to whine about lag?

Problems reading? The performance issues weren't one of individuals reporting that their computers were being overtaxed. The performance issues were stated by Bioware to be on their side and over taxing the server side effecting performance of EVERYTHING and for EVERYONE hence their not being implemented. It has been stated here multiple times alone let alone in many of the duplicate threads asking the same exact thing.

Don't feed the trolls.

I just returned after a 6 month absence and am quite astonished that we still don't have chat bubbles. It would be nice if the developers had enough respect for us to give us an update on this: Is it not happening at all? Is it still on the list but not going to happen withing 1/2/3/4/5 years?

You were quite astonished?? Perhaps after your 6 months off, you should have read 6 months of thread to get caught up on what the current issues are.. Instead of trolling us about your misplaced assumptions and calling others here trolls..

Respect for you to what?? Check in with you?? Just give you random updates?? Sorry, you are just not that special..

Please.. How about you show some respect for both them and your community and wait for a response when there is something to report..

It only takes common sense.. When they have something to report.. They will let us know.. Nobody needs to spin this and attempt to drum up some pitty and call this a respect issue.. Honestly.. It has nothing to do with respect... It has to do with the facts of the situation, that you all seem to love to ignore..

Bioware doesn't owe you anything.. They do not owe you are response.. You aren't that special.. Honest.. You really aren't.. They don't need to check in with you.. Honest they don't.. Again, you are not that special..

When they have something to say on the topic, they will let us know.. Nuff said.. No please stop trolling and calling others a troll.. :)

Totally agree with you....at the very least the Devs could provide us an update..

is it coming or not ?

And yes MajikMyst...you are a TROLL....

Why?? Because I speak the truth and clearly you can't handle it??

I am not the troll here.. I am not the one demanding a report when none is due.. I am not the one starting new threads, demanding reports when none is due. I did think it was real funny that you somehow thought they would respond to your thread since they haven't responded to this one.. Sorry.. You are not that special..

Bioware isn't saying anything because there is nothing to say.. You just can't handle that.. You also can't handle how the rest of the community feels about the chat bubble people.. Honestly.. You give the impression that chat bubbles is the only issue this game has.. That no other issue matters.. Or at the very least chat bubbles is the most important.. Honestly?? Chat bubbles is so far down to the bottom of the totem pole it isn't even funny.. There are a huge number of things that are far more imporatant.. Chat bubbles is one of the least and is only wanted by a very small number of (vocal) people..

I mean seriously.. What was that about being rude and calling someone names you were saying just a few posts ago??

Sorry if the truth hurts.. But it looks like you need to practice what you preach.. :)

Wow !!!! Looks like we’ve got a troll trying to attack the subject matter on this site, derail meaningful dialog and control our conversation. I suggest that this forum doesn’t give them that power by ignoring their unproductive comments and continuing our discussion, or even take a moment to create a guideline for how we want to deal with trolls.

Wow !!!! Looks like we’ve got a troll trying to attack the subject matter on this site, derail meaningful dialog and control our conversation. I suggest that this forum doesn’t give them that power by ignoring their unproductive comments and continuing our discussion, or even take a moment to create a guideline for how we want to deal with trolls.

Just don't respond to such obnoxious posts. I just keep in the back of my mind that not everyone who uses the internet is above 12 or (socially) sane.

For every player that says it should be a priority, there's at least one player (like myself) that literally couldn't care less.

... all to true ...

Not having roleplayed since ages, tossing dices across the table, hand build environments, hand painted some small figurines. Having defended Hoth in a 2 color 1 dimension silhouette , no depth, on an Atari console long, long ago. Then this game happens, and it is an all out wet SW dream.

RPing community does some times strike me as Elitist and Backward, as it's constant demand on the practicing of perfect English(read Basic) as an requirement to be let in, and that in a galaxy of infinite diversity and languages. Add to that the stubbornness of 'having your avatar in numbers' - Again. And then play out battles with dices, pen and paper, in spite all the marvels of the game.

Start by thinking new, incorporate game mechanics in the RP, if not this game is just an advanced form of tabletop RP, and an expensive one at that. Further more it doesn't contribute to the development of the game and certainly doesn't contribute to the development of MMORPG.

May this be why chatbubbles aren't a priority? I say 'May' mind you . . .

Edited by t-darko

I'm going to the Cantina Tour, and perhaps the only question I want to ask is: When are Chat Bubbles coming?

I know, its not so important to some people, but to me, it is the only current non-existing feature I want. I'll even wait on Guild Features, if they promised to get Chat Bubbles out soon...

I'm going to the Cantina Tour, and perhaps the only question I want to ask is: When are Chat Bubbles coming?

I know, its not so important to some people, but to me, it is the only current non-existing feature I want. I'll even wait on Guild Features, if they promised to get Chat Bubbles out soon...

Wonderful!

Please let us know what they have to say! It may be a good idea to print out the dev quotes and hold them under their nose, too, to convince them to finally keep their word on adding and fixing this wonderful feature.

Edited by Glzmo

Chat Bubbles would be nice But what I would really like to see is in-game VOICE CHAT! One that really works well and won't crash the game or make you sound like a robot. This would of course be restricted to Groups, Flash Points and Operations, but would be a nice addition for Social Engagement.

So, off-rails space mini-game, but still no chat bubbles.

If they can manage a space update, surely chat bubbles don't require as much work?

Sadface.

To top it off, the space mini-game is PVP only, making the expansion worthless to any non-PVPers. :(

Seriously, though, PVPers and PVErs get love all the time, but roleplayers get nothing except things that they need to pay cartel coins for, gamble in cartel packs or have to pay huge amounts of credits on the GTN to get (and roleplay doesn't even award credits!). I'm really baffled that they can't even deliver a feature they've been promising roleplayers and socializers since launch and before that's already implemented and just requires some tweaking? Would it be so hard to tweak chat bubbles and re-add them in one of the upcoming patches to make a good chunk of your current and potential playerbase happy, BiowarEA?!

Edited by Stubacca

Not by everyone.
Nothing is ever wanted by everyone. Chat bubbles have been requested (and promised to be added) for a long time, much longer than many of the features that have been added to the game so far. After almost two years, it truly is time that they are finally added so those of us that have been waiting for them for so long will finally be able to enjoy them.

Nothing is ever wanted by everyone. Chat bubbles have been requested (and promised to be added) for a long time, much longer than many of the features that have been added to the game so far. After almost two years, it truly is time that they are finally added so those of us that have been waiting for them for so long will finally be able to enjoy them.

Nah, I'm pretty pleased they aren't around.

Keep up the good work, Bioware!

Yeah not to mention now they're adding another feature over chat bubbles that requires way more work than the bubbles that has been requested. Increased space combat, which is nice but it seems like chat bubbles are a small feature compared to and has been requested just as long.

Yeah not to mention now they're adding another feature over chat bubbles that requires way more work than the bubbles that has been requested. Increased space combat, which is nice but it seems like chat bubbles are a small feature compared to and has been requested just as long.

A small feature that was out dated six years ago. Get over it.

That's a really interesting point of view... because for something to be outdated, it has to be outdated by Something Better. What exactly are you counting as the new feature that eclipses Chat Bubbles as a better form of text chat in an MMO?

The only feature in SWToR is the chat window, which mixes together all forms of text chat from general chat, /tell, /say, /emote, etc, into a single text console... (#HistoryLesson) a feature design which dates back so many years that it was the time when the Internet itself didn't even yet exist. Around 1989, when the only thing to connect your computer to other computers was a modem that connected via standard phone lines, at a maximum transfer speed of around 14400 baud the messages sent by other people on the chat BBS you dialed up could literally be seen scrolling line-by-line onto your screen as they were received in the chat window. THAT's how old the current SWToR chat console design is. It's ... well, it's as archaic as it gets.

Chat Bubbles, on the other hand, are an actually viable form of social text chatting... since the text shows up above the speaker's head, you don't even have to see the character names along with each message. It's spatialized, personalized, and made logical and easy to follow, and when compared to how chat works now in SWToR, Chat Bubbles in any game are

Curious what you're adding to this thread? How is it dated? Care to explain your point of view other than just spouting random negativity and how does chat bubbles in any way shape or form impact you negatively when they are clearly intended to be optional?

Curious what you're adding to this thread? How is it dated? Care to explain your point of view other than just spouting random negativity and how does chat bubbles in any way shape or form impact you negatively when they are clearly intended to be optional?

He is adding his opinion.. Which is more than you add to the thread.. If you don't understand the concept of out dated.. Then that is something you should work on..

It has the possibility to impact the performance of everyone.. On or off.. If you knew more about programming you would understand that as well..

In either case.. If your only argument is asking how it will impact someone else.. Then you have no argument.. Perhaps you should be concerned with what you add to a thread.. Just saying.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

Chat Bubbles, on the other hand, are an actually viable form of social text chatting...

So is a box, yet here you all complaining about the lack of your comic book bubbles.. Seriously.. It isn't like you all can't chat... It just isn't over your head in some crazy bubble that serves no purpose.. We don't have them because they can performance issues.. This has always been said a billion times in this thread alone.. Bioware hasn't updated us because there is nothing to update.. Name plates to a lesser extent causes the same issue.. I turn off name plates whenever I run ops..

I mean look at the post above.. Clearly putting chat bubbles above free space flight?? And you wonder why some people have a negative view of chat bubbles?? Because the people in this thread are negative toward anyone that has a difference of opinion.. Anyone who speaks out against chat bubbles.. Chat bubbles is not the be all end all feature of the game.. In fact most people don't even want it.. That is simply the truth.. You RP people need to come to terms with the idea that you aren't special and you have no priority over anyone else..

We are getting free flight space flight because most of the people want it.. That isn't the case with chat bubbles.. Sorry..

Now for being negative.. I think a mirror is in order.. For both of you.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

He is adding his opinion.. Which is more than you add to the thread.. If you don't understand the concept of out dated.. Then that is something you should work on..

It has the possibility to impact the performance of everyone.. On or off.. If you knew more about programming you would understand that as well..

In either case.. If your only argument is asking how it will impact someone else.. Then you have no argument.. Perhaps you should be concerned with what you add to a thread.. Just saying.. :)

Wow that's an opinion he had? I must have entered the twilight zone since last time I checked an opinion had more than one sentence.

And yeah I understand that but he made no argument, he just made a snide remark on my post. Nothing else.

Edited by Hendar