The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

reimbursement not compensation

Balthazod

I dont think OP understands how consumer relations or math works.

The free day is actually a really awesome deal. Take it and run.

I don't think you understand about customer service. Fact is if you want to keep your customers, which this game desperately need, they have to do more than that. One thing you are correct, i can take my money and run.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have lost a day do the technical screw up on BW shift. This missing day is something we had already paid for so for you to compensate us we should receive something greater then what we have already lost and something that reflects the degree of inconvenience and turmoil the downtime caused.

A free days play is not compensation but just a reimbursement of payment for a service that we never received.

What? You pay $14.95 a month. So... you want financial compensation for 1 day? You want BioWare to write you a check for 50 cents? LOL

Get a job.

seriously....im usually in agreement with some of the complaints on here but this just is plain stupidity...

they didnt have to give us anything, if you ever played FFXI, you would be bald and suffering with stress after every one of thier major updates if you wanted some kind of compensation for thier downtimes to fix the patch to fix the patch that fixed the patch of the patch that repaired the previous patches patch

be grateful and stop whining

There were some FFXI patch epochs that I was concerned I might not make it through without chewing my fingernails all the way down to my shoulders. Their patching, installing and downtime was standalone in how awful it could be, and topped off with Playonline, good lord how did I stick that out for 5 years :S - I recall one specific patch which resulted in nearly 15 days total downtime over a month. I think my lifespan got shorter during that most testing of ordeals.

The PoL chatrooms were a nice feature though, giving players waiting for the patch a live chat to talk about the preview videos that were streaming from the test realm. I remember watching the little Taru walk about in Whitegate, and getting so excited as we waited for the floodgates to give way, letting in the masses.

Edited by Vahzl

I think in light of the recent adjustment to the free 30 days, Bioware should close threads like this and be done with it.

They've done the right thing by it's customers. Asking for more is flat out unreasonable.

And of course they didn't need to compensate at all . . . since maintenance down-time is part of what we agree to when we play.

:: thinks someone must have missed the far greater issue/discussion from the past couple days ::

I never got anything from my cable company when my cable was out for hours or my cell phone, tower was down near my home, I sure pay allot more for cable and cell service than i do for this game. I think what they are doing is good, and I thank them, where as i shake my fist and curse my cable box..LOL

We have lost a day do the technical screw up on BW shift. This missing day is something we had already paid for so for you to compensate us we should receive something greater then what we have already lost and something that reflects the degree of inconvenience and turmoil the downtime caused.

A free days play is not compensation but just a reimbursement of payment for a service that we never received.

I seriously will PayPal you $1 to never post on the forums again and $2 to quit the game and leave forever. You take QQing to a whole new level and people like you continue to amaze and disappoint me.

seriously....im usually in agreement with some of the complaints on here but this just is plain stupidity...

they didnt have to give us anything, if you ever played FFXI, you would be bald and suffering with stress after every one of thier major updates if you wanted some kind of compensation for thier downtimes to fix the patch to fix the patch that fixed the patch of the patch that repaired the previous patches patch

be grateful and stop whining

First MMO was SWG, and when it first came out correct me if I'm wrong, there was a nightly maintenance at 12 I believe.. also about FFXI

Only reason how I know when Japanese midnight occurs, but yes.... mmo gamers nowadays wouldn't have survived ffxi(Looking at you COP!) But had fun with friends and what not. :) (Also their maintenance time would be our primetimes(sometimes)....Didn't have a problem with it because I could do other things.)

But anyways....

Least theyre giving us days. :)

Edited by Seravie

Dear Bioware, Please give the OP a full set of Campaign and War Hero gear as well as a weapon that will one shot all enemies. He was terribly inconvenienced and had to actually go outside. This is unacceptable. Also please mail him a check for 17 cents which would equate to the 8 hours he was forced to do stuff other than play a video game.

Flagging for flaming with a side of self-entitlement spam.

We have a new Bobby Kotick in the making right here.

Actually yes it is.

You lost around, what , maximum of 10 hours?

Say you lost 18 hours. You do realize they're giving you 24 hours of gameplay free, right?

Compensation does not mean it will be greater, it means it will be equitable to what you lost.

If you're including the down time for uploading 1.2 ?

Seriously, are you slow ?

I'm really currious, I think what you meant to say is we lost 8 and gained 16 if anything.

you are slow there was a 8 semi-scheduled down time after 1.2 quickly followed by 8 hours unscheduled downtime i repeat it again for the challenged ones 16 out of 24 hours = 1 full day. That was downtime of 8am to 4pm then 4pm to 12am (BST) which is a full day.

Now for the English class: If my cup of coffee is knocked over by a person and they get me a new cup of coffee i am reimbursed if they get me a coffee and cream cake I am compensated

Edited by Balthazod

BRO You have no idea, a lot of other companies would have given you nothing! PLUS theres the EA factor here! you think the tyrants at EA would have wanted Bioware to give out free time!?

Yes. They want subs so a days extra play time is nothing.

The stupidity and greed of the Human Race never fails to amaze me.

On with nicer thoughts...

Wow! Thanks BW. You are the first MMO company I have ever seen give such goodwill to your valued clients after what was really just a minor downtime. Amazing customer care.

Oh I completely disagree with the OP. I actually logged into the forums to express my gratitude for the compensation that they gave us. I played WoW since the beginning and if they've ever done this, I don't remember it. I think it's awesome and I'm grateful for it.

Not to detract from BW's actions but between game release and BC release, I ended up with 43 days of credit.