The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was probably wrong for them to decide on 50s only getting the free month. It should have probably been akin to the "Founder" reward. You've been with us since the beginning; thankyou! But hey, unlike a lot of dev teams THEY READ THE RANTS. AND CHANGED IT. Good job! Even though I have a 50 myself I too thought it was steered towards keeping bored endgame peeps ingame. Not that I'm one of them. I'm in a small guild happily clearing HM Ops now :)

I will still happily defend BW. It's been a great release. Yes hiccups with 1.2, but they got the servers up 4 hours earlier than they stated today. AWESOME WORK BIOWARE! Thankyou! Instead of logging on 12am BST I logged in at 9pm BST. RESULT!

Your listening to your players, and responding to them. That's more than I can say for a lot of 'other games' (SOE #cough cough#).

Is this game dying? Frankly I think not. I feel for all of you knowing your on poorly balanced servers (I have no idea what the balance is on mine having only rolled Imp toons, but I plan to roll a Rep to see), but hopefully BW have plans. It certainly looks that way.

Friday 13th bit you on the butt Bioware, but you force-choked it into submission! Good job :)

Hello everyone! At BioWare we're always listening to our fans and we've heard our community's comments around players with Level 50 characters being the only group awarded 30 days of play time. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to announce that we are expanding our Legacy Promotion, also awarding 30 days of play time at no charge to players that have reached Legacy Level 6 (who may not have a 50th level character).

We just released the innovative Legacy System as part of Game Update 1.2, and felt that looking at Legacy point progression across all of your characters was a great way to reward our most avid players. This means that any of the experience you earn with any of your characters brings you closer to the goal of Legacy Level 6. The choice of how to get to Legacy Level 6 is yours.

First, you need to have passed Chapter 1 to unlock your legacy. Examples of how to get to Legacy Level 6 include:

• A pair of characters Level 45 and 42
  • A trio of characters of Levels 45, 32 and 32
  • A bunch of characters Levels 35, 33, 31, 29 and 20
  • A single 50th level character that has enjoyed the endgame for a brief time

Remember these are just examples – you’re free to choose how to earn your Legacy experience to gain Legacy Level 6.

We've also got another significant piece of good news: everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT - click here for a time zone converter) to have a Level 50 character or Legacy Level 6 on their account to get 30 days of game time on us. (Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.) Players will now have multiple options, as well as more time, to try and reach these goals and play all the great new content in Game Update 1.2.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to surprise and delight our customers.

Dr Greg Zeschuk

Studio GM, BioWare Austin

[As an FYI: the news story and webpage regarding Legacy Promotion will be updated tonight or early next week with up-to-date information.]

Yesterday I was wondering if you were actually any better than SOE BW. Today I remember why you are.

Including today, imho.

They appeased those who were truly upset because they didn't get the free days, but did absolutely nothing to appease those who were upset by the principal of it.

If you really think that, then you don't deserve the free game time regardless.

Greg, I think you just boosted BW quite a bit in every SWTOR player's eyes.

I mean there is nothing wrong as such with rewarding certain players who have achieved something (in this case reached lvl50), we had this with the 'founder' title...

but unlike the founder title with the lvl50-30 day free boost there was no chance for any gamer who at that time hadn't achieved 'it' to actually make it (well, I'm not 100% sure when the info came out, maybe somebody who still needed maybe some 20,000 XP to hit lvl50 may have made it ;))

So, I'm glad to see that BW no goes fair play and will allow people the time to put the energy in to get their character to lvl50 (or legacy 6).

Bravo! :)

If you really think that, then you don't deserve the free game time regardless.

I don't want free game time.

I want a company that I can trust.

I am not a sheep, nor do I have a short attention span. And that is exactly what Bioware is hoping it's playerbase is.

And it seems that they are right.

Edited by Skoobie

Yesterday I was wondering if you were actually any better than SOE BW. Today I remember why you are.

LOL, I just hinted at that myself :)

Bioware LISTENS. That's obvious now. (THANKYOU! Keep it up Bioware!).

SOE? "OMG your whinging? #lock thread. Your still whinging? /banned."

So now everyone loves them again? The cynic in me thinks more and more that this was deliberate-to get everyone talking then 'reward them' after careful consideration. This way the players feel like they have some sort of power, and Bioware gets to look like the humble company that truly cares about the playerbase after all.

Or maybe some grunt screwed up and now Bioware gets to lose an even bigger amount to calm people down. Has anyone heard of a AAA MMO giving away a month after a mere 4 months uptime? How bad is the bleeding?

So now everyone loves them again? The cynic in me thinks more and more that this was deliberate-to get everyone talking then 'reward them' after careful consideration. This way the players feel like they have some sort of power, and Bioware gets to look like the humble company that truly cares about the playerbase after all.

Or maybe some grunt screwed up and now Bioware gets to lose an even bigger amount to calm people down. Has anyone heard of a AAA MMO giving away a month after a mere 4 months uptime? How bad is the bleeding?

I was actually shocked they went this route. All most of us were upset about was the people that reached lvl50 were regarded as something special over those who may not have had a lvl50 character but dedicated just as much and showed just as much loyalty to the game as to say "Hey Bioware, we don't care about the 30 days but come one, we are loyal too" lol

I am not a sheep, nor do I have a short attention span. And that is exactly what Bioware is hoping it's playerbase is.

zzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzz....

And welcome to the real world, there's no company you can "trust".

LOL! Seriously you can keep your free time, hell give somebody mine:)...After what you did to sorcerers & pvp with the patch you couldn't pay me to play this game.

Way to make a fail game Bioware and pad you're subscription numbers with free time!

QQ more because your precious sorc was OP and they got nerfed..

What are you even talking about? Bioware stuff up, they give away free stuff. People complain that they didn't get the free stuff, Bioware gives them the free stuff. People still complain on what, the 'principle' of the matter?

That 'matter' is entirely meaningless. Read the quote again. They wording was "one of our most valued customers". ONE OF. They didn't say 'we only value our level fifty customers, the rest of you can suck a sav'. They said that level fifty players are one of their most valued customers.

And you know what? I pointed this out yesterday. Three people responded with 'yeah, but actions speak louder than words'. Bioware corrects their actions... People still complain. There's a reason the SWTOR forums are widely considered the most vile, and I'm beginning to understand why.

But by all means, continue on your ill-justified Bioware hate-train. I'm sure if they mailed you a written apology signed by the entire dev team, you'd still find fault with that.

And yet...people are still complaining.

It's amazing how truly unhappy some people are.

Poor BioWare, damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's stunning that people still want to make games, when dealing with gaming communities is just like herding mentally disturbed cats with no sense of direction.

I'll say..Thanks BioWare.