The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is certainly an improvement, and a nice gesture. As a since-launch but casual player, who has played several lowbie alts on several servers, I don't think I am anywhere near this Legacy 6 requirement, so this is still very, very disappointing to me.

I will certainly try to reach this legacy level 6 requirement, but really not sure how to do so, nor if I will have the time to make it by the deadline. It's possible I can make it though, I'll certainly try.

It's an improvement, and I applaud them for listening, but I still feel slighted by this. They have created a PR nightmare, and I don't think they have gone far enough to fix it - not for me anyway, I'm sure many will disagree.

Frankly, I think they should have given the free time to "Founders" in addition to level 50s. Or just "Founders."

Hindsight is always 20/20. "An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."

So they were too blind to see this would tick people off, and now they can be blamed for 'catering to the whiners'.

They've refused to correct the healing nerfs-are they now officially mistakes?

Went and looked and I am about halfway through Legacy 3. Not sure if I am far enough along to push it to 6 by the 20th but will give it the ol'college try lol

The challenge is set...now if I could only get my wife to abide some extra playtime for me. lol

I REALLY like that quote.

Attributed to a Canadian chemist and writer named Orlando Battista, but I only know it because it's quoted by Admiral Thrawn in a Star Wars novel.

Yeah, I'm cultured.

Uh huh. Explain that to the crew of the Challenger.

Bit of a dark comment, there. But as far as I know, the design problems on the Challenger were indeed long-term errors that people had refused to correct. Sadly.

Edited by smartalectwo

So I just cancelled my sub earlier, not because of this but because I knew I was going to get free game time. And when I asked the CS guys about it they said that the time would roll over when my sub ended which is the 19th. Does this now mean that I wont get my game time until the 25th? That'll have a week break in between playing and not playing because I'm not adding my credit card back until I see what happens at the end of this free month?

Thank you, I find this a much more fair way to distribute it. I hope in future you guys give more consideration to the idea that this is not as much an "endgame" game as others on the market, and that plenty of your players are dedicated to the "leveling" portion of the game, and that this segment needs to be as fully supported as the 50+ game is (ie classes and content need to be just as well balanced and equal at level 30 as they are at level 50).

Faith restored.

This is what the change means to me as well.

I was not planning on unsubbing, even with the fiasco, but I was paying month-by-month and becoming increasingly disgruntled with the population issues (also the reason I have a plethora of alts, but none level 50... get to level 50 and what? Spam for 3 hrs trying to find a group? NO THANKS!)

Anyway, the way this issue was rectified, and in a relatively short period of time, gives me hope they they DO know about the population issues and some way, some how, SOMETHING will be done. :)

Although this news still does not help all of us, I truly appreciate your efforts to show us that you DO value your customers, including the casual ones.

Thank you. You can close ticket 4888815. I had called and asked for supervisor after supervisor this morning over this. Thanks for listening.

Now...can we have the low populations and almost all servers addressed?

I got a great idea!

Why don't they give EVERYONE 30 days free? that would be awesome, right?

Now... there's 1 small issue... each 30 days cost like what? 30$?

There's almost 1.9 million followers on FB, so I'd guess there's over 2 million people with active or inactive sub.

soooo... what is 30 * 2 000 000?

Oh, right! 60 000 000!

So then it wouldn't matter, because they'd need to shut SWTOR down.

$60 000 000 is quite a lot of money.

STOP COMPLAINING!

Edited by Acerbusvenator

My point is they have made REPEATED stupid PR decisions , it's a pattern, they are clueless.

Including today, imho.

They appeased those who were truly upset because they didn't get the free days, but did absolutely nothing to appease those who were upset by the principal of it.

Attributed to a Canadian chemist and writer named Orlando Battista, but I only know it because it's quoted by Admiral Thrawn in a Star Wars novel.

Yeah, I'm cultured.

More cultured than I at least, as I had never heard it at all! Seeing you say it though it was "Wow, that really makes a LOT of sense!"