The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Win a Life-Sized Figure of Darth Malgus

AlysonBridge

Because clearly every country has draconic contest laws? "Gee whiz, sir, trying to send this to China would be a head-ache. Clearly we better not try to send it anywhere at all."

Actually, I guess that is bound to happen when BW's pick for contest partner is so low-rent that the winner has to pay for shipping.

Dude, you are supposed to take everyones word without critical thinking, didn't you know?

EU law requires 46 virgins to be sacrificed for each contest, no way EA could make that work.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sucks id love to have this statue in my house aswell, unfortunately im from australia and cant enter which sucks big time.

Comps like this create alot of negativity in the forums and in game due to others being unable to enter to win such a great pirze.

Edited by Borvaxx

You have no idea how heartbroken I am that it's for US residents only :( You're tearing me apart, Bioware!

Yes, yes, I understand the legal nightmare it would be to make it international, but... Darth Malgus would look really good in my living room.

Maybe it's different in the U.S., but everywhere else in the world you don't issue an open invitation and then turn people away at the door.

Put 'US Only' on the announcement instead of wasting peoples' time sending them to the form to find out.

Will there be other region exclusive competitions, It would be nice to have a EU and Oceanic based exclusive competitions to help foster and build the communities

Can you tell me what you mean thank you if you can ok.

Agreed! Come on Bioware time to have contests for us non-US residents. Especially after posting this extremely generous and spectacular contest...then denying it to the thousands of players residing outside the US.

Poor form Bioware.

Edited by DisposablHero

Agreed! Come on Bioware time to have contests for us non-US residents. Especially after posting this extremely generous and spectacular contest...then denying it to the thousands of players residing outside the US.

Poor form Bioware.

Not Bioware, rather EA and Lucasart

Would just like to join my voice with the others:

The problem is not that it's US only. The problem is, that why do I always, have to get my spirit hight, and then find that small little f***ing disclaimer at the bottom of the page, saying "US residents" only?!

Seriously... always, everywhere... "Win this!" "Participate in the awesomenes!" "Win the the prize of the year!" "Submit your creation and win fabulous prizes!" ....... oh, you're not from THE country, which is the centre of the universe, just from the lame "rest of the world"? Well, tough luck then.

1. Please indicate it in the very beginning!

2. Please. Please! Pretty f***ing please, organize something for us too!

It's bad enough that as a geek living in Europe I have to pay like 150%-200% of the US price for every cool collectible stuff...

Would have been nice if it was open to everyone but I guess that’s just our luck for living anywhere else in the world but the US. I don't know what shipping is like in the US but I could ship this anywhere in the UK for £6.50 with UPS so I can't see where people are pulling these silly shipping figures from.....

Anyway, it’s not for us none US'ers so no point in reading all the competition info to see the "US Only" at the end I guess.... Maybe they could place it at the start or even in the title for the competition next time.....??

VII

I'm disgusted at the attitudes of people in this thread.

The entitlement is strong with this community.

Edit: Along with my free month, I feel everyone deserves a life-sized figure of Darth Malgus.

Edit again: It better arrive at my door no later than 6:00 pm on May 31st. I feel that's an adequate amount of time to allow you Bioware.

Edit again again: A free t-shirt would be nice too one of those fancy jinx ones!

Edited by Nakazia

Would have been nice if it was open to everyone but I guess that’s just our luck for living anywhere else in the world but the US. I don't know what shipping is like in the US but I could ship this anywhere in the UK for £6.50 with UPS so I can't see where people are pulling these silly shipping figures from.....

Anyway, it’s not for us none US'ers so no point in reading all the competition info to see the "US Only" at the end I guess.... Maybe they could place it at the start or even in the title for the competition next time.....??

VII

You think you can ship 159 POUNDS of statue for ~$10.31? You are absolutely MAD, you can't find someone to even take it into your house for that price.

There is a difference between shipping a parcel, and shipping FREIGHT which is what this is.

Edited by Freyar

I'm disgusted at the attitudes of people in this thread.

Really though ...

The air of entitlement wafting off the American forum residents is nauseating considering they would be the first to wage a forum war if the role's were reversed!