sooo much credit sinks??

Feztonio

what am i doing wrong? they seem to have the opinion we all have trillions of credits sitting around and need credit sinks everywhere in the game. i've got 8 alts, leveling and gearing them all, paying credits for skill upgrades each level, extra bank and vault space, speeder riding upgrades, gear repairs, missions for professions and leveling 3 professions to 400 and training all the hundreds of craftable patterns as i level.

i just hit 50 with my first toon - i went slow and alt'ed and didn't feel the need to power game to 50 the first 3 hours at launch - but my toon had 115k credits and spent it all to train the 10 skill upgrades at ding of 50.

i spend every credit i make - not wasting it mind you on buying stuff on the AH or dumb things, just repairing and training. and i don't have tens of millions of credits laying around to buy all the crystals or unlock legacy stuff that, being legacy level 14 thanks to my altaholicness you'd figure were unlocked by now.

the entire game is a credit sink.. so why's the new stuff retarded expensive on top of the rest of it?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what am i doing wrong? they seem to have the opinion we all have trillions of credits sitting around and need credit sinks everywhere in the game. i've got 8 alts, leveling and gearing them all, paying credits for skill upgrades each level, extra bank and vault space, speeder riding upgrades, gear repairs, missions for professions and leveling 3 professions to 400 and training all the hundreds of craftable patterns as i level.

i just hit 50 with my first toon - i went slow and alt'ed and didn't feel the need to power game to 50 the first 3 hours at launch - but my toon had 115k credits and spent it all to train the 10 skill upgrades at ding of 50.

i spend every credit i make - not wasting it mind you on buying stuff on the AH or dumb things, just repairing and training. and i don't have tens of millions of credits laying around to buy all the crystals or unlock legacy stuff that, being legacy level 14 thanks to my altaholicness you'd figure were unlocked by now.

the entire game is a credit sink.. so why's the new stuff retarded expensive on top of the rest of it?

skilled players all have millions of credits. Why? Cuz we're skilled. Don't blame bioware for your inability to get creds. Take's me a day max to get a million credits, and that's BARELY trying.

i dont know. they added so much **** for us to spend credits on, yet the new black hole dailys give like 50k total from them, and they cut warzone credits in half. But yeah it costs me about 300k for an augment.

skilled players all have millions of credits. Why? Cuz we're skilled. Don't blame bioware for your inability to get creds. Take's me a day max to get a million credits, and that's BARELY trying.

how the heck does skill have anything to do with credits? LMAO

Credit Sinks are also time sinks. They don't expect you to buy all of that stuff in a week. If you want to buy Legacy perks, you'll have to do dailies, FPs, Ops, WZ, etc. As you gain credits, you can buy some perks. They want it to take a while as it gives people something to do.

I just got my first level 50. Been 50 about a week now. I just do the dailies and I am making about 300-350k a day just doing the DAILIES. I am Biochem and have all my skills to 400. I PVP occasionally. Dont do the space missions. and I seem to have plenty of money. I dont have a problem with the change and the money sinks. They only seem to make sense to keep the economy of the game from becoming insanely inflated.

Maybe it would be helpful if you expanded on how you do this, instead of putting someone down for not being able to.

guess what happens when you hit 50? there's no more skills to buy, and you can easily make 200k in an hour doing dailies.

Plus what's the point of having incentives if they give them to you for nothing? We need things to look forward to and work to get in this game.

Edited by KrittaB

I agree that the credit sinks are necessary but some of them seem a little much. They even admitted themselves that 80% of the population doesn't even have 1 million credits. But this is a way for them to get you to do dailies and make busy work.

Now that your 50 you have access to about 3 sets of dailies..each set has about 5 - 10 quests..each worth about 7k each there's also tons of money in the daily flash point, hard mode, and weekly flash point quests. Also if you Craft or gather and sell what you get...You will make money easy now that your at 50.

There's no excuse for not knowing how to make money especially at 50. If a person reaches 50 and after a week or two doesn't have atleast 500k they're doign something wrong or is spending way to much money on trivial stuff.

skill of in game economics maybe? lmao. Knowing how to use your crew skills efficiently, using the AH, etc to maximize profits and get millions of credits? Knowing that stuff is SKILL.

thats not skill. that requires no skill. thats just you paying attention to the AH. That has nothing to do with skill. Nothing. I make 100-150k easily by selling archeology stuff on the GTN every day, but thats not enough when an AUGMENT costs 300k, and the actual piece you put the augment in costs a little less than double that. If they would have left warzone credits the same Id be fine, but you only get 5k per warzone which i thought 10+k was fine.

Let them eat cake!

You claim to be skilled, but I would have more of a tendency to think that you are simply someone who doesn't play the game in any definition of casual and has no craft skills. Don't know what you do, but it isn't the average player.

I am like many of the people I know. I've leveled my crafting skills to 400. I have 2 50 toons and 4 other sub-50 toons. I level them up, do my quests, do warzones, and make products through my crafting skills, which regularly empties my coffers as getting the mats is a pretty expensive endeavor.

Not only do I not have millions to spend on these things, there is no way at this point in the game that I would deem any of them worth millions of credits.

Legacy was touted as this great aspect of Star Wars. What it has ended up being is a joke that few players will find as a selling point of this game.

The Guild Banks are a joke, the cost for them. These should be rewarded, at least the first page, to the people who form a guild. And the 12 player requirement is idiotic.

PvP has ended up a joke, since so many are reporting that unless they win, no benefits are given to them.

I am afraid BW has not really paid attention to its playerbase.

no offence mate i am far from skilled and am rolling in so much money i actualy gave away 3 millon for target dummys. :p

as this dear chap above me has said, credits are easy.

do your dailys!!!!!! 1hour a day can get you about 250k

4 days= 1 million thats without selling the mods/junk from the quest rewards+junk from dead mobs

As far as it goes, you don't even need to send your companions out to make money. Pick a planet (outside of Drommund Kaas) and do what 'EVERYONE' else in the history of mmo's has had to do... FARM. You get mats at NO cost!!!! profit $$$$

stop exploiting the instances.