sooo much credit sinks??

Feztonio

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be much of a problem if most of the servers weren't light to no population, I've got a couple high-ish lvl guys from early access but they're on a server with barely any people.

I can craft all sorts of stuff, no-one around to buy it though. Rarely enough people on to actually do something requiring more than 3 people...can't wait til they let people transfer to a server with life on it.

a month ago people weren't whining about no credit sinks, they were still complaining about repair costs being too high, and that fact was mentioned in the first guild summit. parsed data also showed that a majority of the playerbase can't afford most of the legacy upgrades.

the idea is that over the course of a 5 year subscription we'll eventually have all these legacy upgrades. it isn't intended that we go out and buy all this stuff right now. i'm sure the upgrades are intended to slowly tap extra cash out of the economy to keep prices in balance.

that being said, working long towards some of these upgrades is kinda laughable. the really expensive upgrades are minor convenience. if i decide that this game is worth playing for a year, maybe if i have 5 million laying around and i don't feel like buying another useless mount, i'll buy some useless ship upgrade instead.

don't think about these upgrades as must haves. they're not. why buy the neutral GTN upgrade when only 20 people per server can afford it right now?

[...], gear repairs, missions for professions and leveling 3 professions to 400 and training all the hundreds of craftable patterns as i level. [...]

And that was really necessary why? I get the ones that are useful for me and my companions that will suffice.. really.

And please DO SOME DAILIES people they are quick, easy and great money.

Edited by AesirUesugi

guess what happens when you hit 50? there's no more skills to buy, and you can easily make 200k in an hour doing dailies.

Plus what's the point of having incentives if they give them to you for nothing? We need things to look forward to and work to get in this game.

It's because /everything/ is massively expensive, there's no scale to it all. Ship GTN is 5mil, VIP access is 1mil, Mailbox on the ship is I think 500k?, White crystals were 1mil... do you see the pattern here?

Lol, I guess I'd ask this... if everything is so damn expensive why then did they lower Speeder costs? This just seems silly for them to make all the prestige Legacy stuff and crystals expensive as all hell but then make the speeder stuff... oh wait, that's right... help people grind for all this crap. :p Case in point, BW is out of content and short on staff, they're in a panic, this is a 'Hail Mary' play.

Edited by SeismicShock

skilled players all have millions of credits. Why? Cuz we're skilled. Don't blame bioware for your inability to get creds. Take's me a day max to get a million credits, and that's BARELY trying.

Yet another obnoxious post from a member of the fringe mmo/gamer boast culture. Like the people who say pyrotech bounty hunter players need to l2p if they don't average 550k damage in WZs.

What an unhelpful, borderline mean-spirited response to a relatively well-reasoned topic.

Yaaaawmn.

With all the crafting improvements, the increase in popularity of neutral GTN and the rest of the 1.2 changes, in my opinion, the servers' economy will experience increased inflation. In a couple of months the "absurd credit sinks" will not seem that intimidating. Edited by Petyofi

I know this thread is a few days old and there have probably been five other threads on this same topic since then, but this is what came up when I googled "swtor credit sinks".

Anyway, my two cents, I don't mind credit sinks in theory, but some of them do get under my skin. For example:

Last night I finally decided to purchase a piece of battle master gear for my main character. I went to take the armoring mod out and learned it was going to cost ~35k. I stopped there. Didn't even check the costs for removing the other mods.

Why? I already worked hard to earn the piece from which I want to remove the mod as well as the piece into which I want to slot the mod. Simply acquiring these two pieces of gear was a big time investment for me, so why hit me with another time investment just to, basically, do a skin swap? Getting the funds to move all three mods, plus maybe salvage the one purple mod I currently have in the piece I was wearing, is going to take me at least an hour of running dailies.

I don't know...I realize people on this forum would call me a whiner about this, and tell me that vanity has a cost, but I really don't feel that I'm asking something for nothing here.

Edited by thewatcheruatu

skilled players all have millions of credits. Why? Cuz we're skilled. Don't blame bioware for your inability to get creds. Take's me a day max to get a million credits, and that's BARELY trying.

No because you have alot of free time, not skilled rofl, just made my day, skilled, rofl...

skill of in game economics maybe? lmao. Knowing how to use your crew skills efficiently, using the AH, etc to maximize profits and get millions of credits? Knowing that stuff is SKILL.

Skill is methodically altering the entire landscape of the AH system and jacking the prices of everything up beyond what anyone can afford. That takes both Skill and patience. What you described is "Loads of free time."

i have no sympathy for you. there are people in my guild who have over 30 million credits. it so easy to make credits in this game that i just cannot hear your argument. stop being a nerfherder.

They have that much cause there life is on this game, not everyone has that much free time champ, l2r please...

I just got my first level 50. Been 50 about a week now. I just do the dailies and I am making about 300-350k a day just doing the DAILIES. I am Biochem and have all my skills to 400. I PVP occasionally. Dont do the space missions. and I seem to have plenty of money. I dont have a problem with the change and the money sinks. They only seem to make sense to keep the economy of the game from becoming insanely inflated.

Dailys, no thanks i am not a muppet.

Credits aren't all that hard to come by, but it does ofcourse depend on the server you are on. But the Legacy system is one of those Major credit sinks mostly introduced to suck the pockets of us way too rich people dry, in order to bring us back down to a level close to or on par with other players, sadly we get that cash back rather fast and once again leave the players with little to no cash in the dust once again.

Here are a few tips though that might help you get that bank account of yours add a few extra digits to it.

Great money makers at this point should be augmented gear, that's Weapons and Armor all kinds and all flavours. Amount you can get here depends on the server.

Dailies are also a good source for credits and is quite fixed on the outcome over all server, while boring at times, group up with some guildies and rush through em.

Then there's mats for crafters to make augmented gear. Depending on your luck on crafting Augmented gear whether selling the mats or the actually piece of gear for the greater income again, depends on your server.

Rakghoul DNA, this is kinda short term, but on most servers these sell quite well for between 10k to 30k each. You can farm these every 10 minutes by getting yourself infected, wait for it to turn to "Feverish" and go kill yourself, remove gear for no durability loss. Or you can wait the full 20 minutes and you'll explode, this will get you 5 dna, Amount of money gained from this varies with your server aswell. (Note, traveling resets the timer, so better to stay in one area)

Playing the GTN, this is quite frowned upon throughout the MMO community, however if you do it right, you can make some serious cash with this, and it takes little to no effort aslong as you know what to look for. There's no stable income from doing this, and if you choose to do this, do it during downtime from whatever else you might be making money on. Check in with the GTN now and then and search for various key items that you know sell for alot, but people tend to list dirt cheap.. Pre-1.2 this for instance included Orange belts and bracers, there is still profit to be made here depending on your server, but not nearly as much as it used to be.

That's to name a few.

i have no sympathy for you. there are people in my guild who have over 30 million credits. it so easy to make credits in this game that i just cannot hear your argument. stop being a nerfherder.

Bill Gates has billions of dollars so I can't complain about the cost of, say, going do the doctor?

I can pretty much guarantee that if you had a look at BioWare's metrics, you'd discover that your friend is not even the 1%...he's the .001%. BioWare, themselves, even revealed that the vast majority of players have less than 1 million creds.

They have that much cause there life is on this game, not everyone has that much free time champ, l2r please...

you're telling me to learn to read, when you yourself have basically stamped yourself as uneducated or lacking a fluid form of intelligence.

you don't have to grind to make millions. most credits made in this game were produced via pushing "n", the crew skill button, waiting a bit, then selling stuff.

i can understand how this would be hard for someone like you.

Bill Gates has billions of dollars so I can't complain about the cost of, say, going do the doctor?

I can pretty much guarantee that if you had a look at BioWare's metrics, you'd discover that your friend is not even the 1%...he's the .001%. BioWare, themselves, even revealed that the vast majority of players have less than 1 million creds.

this isn't real life. what's next, you're going to want to tax the non-bad players?

the fact that the vast majority don't have over a million doesn't mean much when you consider the types of people that use this forum. the sad reality is most of you are just incapable.

i mean, really. you can make a million in a few days the dumb way by doing dailies. it's so easy that i just cannot understand people like you.

People who complain about too many credit sinks don't know what a game is like when it has too few.

I played a game where it was almost impossible to keep all of your skills leveled until almost end game simply because of the cost. In fact, you could usually only keep 8 leveled at a time. This same game had even higher repair costs than this does. It did not have all the credit sinks we have here, and within a year the prices of everything went up by more than 10x as much as when it launched. So, instead of paying 100k or more for an augmented gear, you would be paying 1 million or more. Why was it like this? Because of coin inflation.

The sinks are there to keep credits down so prices don't skyrocket, causing all new players to have an extremely hard time playing catch up. No, it isn't a matter of too many sinks. I think there are still too few sinks, and right now I have only about 400k on my 50, so I am by no means rich. I would just much rather be poor and still able to afford most things rather than a millionaire who can barely afford a single piece of gear.

I'm only lvl 40 on my main toon (15) on an alt. I'm a casual player, Bounty hunter, and I'm sitting with 300k+. Now that's not a ton of creds but I haven't grouped for flashpoints or heroics (honestly, I lag a bit too much for them lately but new laptop is inbound) and I sell everything. I'm close to max on my scavenging and halfway on crafting (cybermech) and underworld trading. My trick is selling everything useless, not blowing creds on class skills I may not need such as vehicle training, (just using the basic one), and I walk many places so I kill a lot of junk mobs. This adds to funds and tosses me the occasional planetary comm. So, my advice, walk more, enjoy the scenery, kill anything in your path, and really think on whether or not that new level skill really adds to your tactics.

this guy plays all day in his moms basement