Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

NERD RAGE!!!

NERD MAD!!! SMASH ROCKS AND TREES!!!

NERD NOT HAPPY MUST PLAY SWTOR!!!!

(Runs down the street foaming at the becuase they can't play today)

Thats okay...just give em his binky and he should be okay for awhile....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that these bugs, maintenance and patches always seem to happen on the days I'm coming off my long nightshifts at the hospital and finally have some time to play.

Someone's obviously out to mess with my head and I'm sorry that the rest of the community has to get stuck in the crossfire.

Can you at least be considerate enough to warn people before you have free time to play, I wouldn't have called in sick if I'd have know this! :p

my only DILL PICKLE with this whole boondoggle is they shouldve known better. ive been an IT manager for over a decade.. and i would never implement so many changes all at once. we all know you can only test so much in a test environment. so why go live with all these changes all at once, i for one am glad they didnt do the ranked warzones. that would be just another layer of broken failness .. instead of a massive change like this.. why not just release it piece meal. that way if something breaks its much easier to diagnose and fix..

there ya go :D

where's my tl;dr?

Guild banks etc are fine since the databases which comprise the back end server operation will all still exist. The problem is with the front end I/O and the graphical interface - i.e. the end user game clients.

I am sure that what Bioware are actually working on is server client and game client implementation. The databases will still be intact so nothing should be lost.

As with all new software builds, this takes time and will have to be tested. Regardless of whether this morning's patch was tested properly, Bioware will HAVE to test the new rebuild they are working on. This is why we have the downtime we are seeing today.

we're being given 30 days of free time and people are complaining? the patch is going to be buggy and maybe broken (yes.. i have had these problems..) but at least bioware are giving people time for these problems instead of doing what most mmos do which is pretend that it didn't happen and charge people for the time that they spend patching

Quit the play on words. "we're being given 30 days of free time" That only applies to level 50s. It does not apply to the whole playerbase.

I myself have a level 42 and a level 48 that I rerolled when my server started dying. Been playing for 3 months but dont have a level 50.

Nuff said. 30-days free doesn't apply to everyone on these forums. Your argument is invalid.

He has a valid point, Biofail has been making this game a shambles since day 1. they are aware that operations are bugged, they do nothing to fix it, then they claim to fix and guess what its still bugged. it not my job to find A work around to A bug that they cant fix

Lets also not forget that they value their free weekend pass players more than their paying customers, by taking the servers down in the middle of the day to accommodate their soon to have account holders, way to slap you paying customers in the face.

I pay to play their game and have fun. i don't pay to test their game, its not my concern. if they gave me A free account, i would consider testing for them on public test server. but they don't.

they are aware that ILUM open world pvp is broken, so they remove it, they say that if you trade kills on ilum you get banned because it not how they intended it. even tho its not an exploit. players found away around their design flaws they cant ever admit their mistakes. they constantly fail. hell speed hacks are still being used in pvp today. i still get credit spam emails. the list goes on and on,

Lets see Wednesday fubar early patch release, then 1.2 fail patch where they Lie and cant back up their own words, or even back up their own developers post's about Legacy unlocks and the (outrages cost associated with them), where one thing is said but its a complete 180 degree turn. and then today's fiasco at this point the coffin is nailed shut they have to do something really good to keep people paying for this game.

I bought the CE and paid for 6 months, granted I'm not entitled to anything but a working game i don't care if its a MMO an ever changing game, what i do care is that the company I invested my hard earned money in delivers an unparalleled gaming experience. and so far they are on strike 3. i still have 4 months left of my sub i will continue to play what i paid for but in less they don't do a major turnaround they will get nothing but negative responses form me.

Reported for hacking. Im sick of getting critted by Wall of Text ability.

Ever seen that las Wes Craven Nightmare on Elm Street,Final Nightmare, when Freddy was 'made real' by all the evil in the world, or something like that? Emperor Palpatine just walked out of a walmart somewhere rubbing his hands together, saying, "I can feel their anger"!!!

we're being given 30 days of free time and people are complaining? the patch is going to be buggy and maybe broken (yes.. i have had these problems..) but at least bioware are giving people time for these problems instead of doing what most mmos do which is pretend that it didn't happen and charge people for the time that they spend patching

Not everyone is getting 30 free days. I've been here since Launch. Yet I don't have a level 50. Why you may ask is because I have rolled on 3 servers. I left the first for personal reasons, I left the second when server pop. dropped below an acceptable level. On the second I actually have a level 49. And I haven't been on the third long enough to have a 50, though I am close I have a level 42.

Anyways my point is I won't get 30 free days cause I don't have a level 50 yet. You had to have a level 50 to get 30 free days.

The more I read the responses, more I'm convinced that there are two distinct members to this community. Those that want this to be wow in every aspect. And those that like Star Wars (Not limited to only games but action figures as well!) and are willing to accept a delay or two. I'd rather wait 3 years for a fix for my lightsaber, then play one day with panda monks jumping around my screen.

I sincerely hope this post made you feel better. Sadly you are still no one in a sea of 1.5 million players and your goodbye rant doesn't change it. I won't miss you nor will anyone else.

We all want to feel important though I guess. LOL

1.5 million is all bioware has as a client base..........OH BOY there in trouble even though wow is NO better with there major patch day blunders they have 5 million plus, I thought this game was going to be different , the WOW killer, bioware is no better than blizzard in the tech area , never fully testing patches before release , so worried they may lose people if the content doesnt keep coming , id rather have a playable game than no game to play

I have to wonder how many of you folks ranting about the downtime have ever worked in an environment where you had a software deployment this large.

I don't like the downtime but I do understand it. I work in a software environment larger than SWTOR (not user base but the sheer number of transactions done per day dwarfs this game) and have come to understand that downtime happens. It's just the nature of the beast.

What an amazing week for Bioware....

Wednesday: Accidently start patching the game forcing some unfortunate people to have to redownload the client.

Thursday: Launch the much hyped game saving patch but then kick half of the custumers in the teeth by suggesting that they are not as valued as others.

Friday: Emergency patch that accidently uninstalls yesterdays patch and needs another patch.....

You honestly could not make this up...

You forgot

Wednesday: Announce that ranked warzones will not be in the Thursday patch after all.

Ever seen that las Wes Craven Nightmare on Elm Street,Final Nightmare, when Freddy was 'made real' by all the evil in the world, or something like that? Emperor Palpatine just walked out of a walmart somewhere rubbing his hands together, saying, "I can feel their anger"!!!

ROFL ty this thread needed that...

Edited by Nyteblades

Quit the play on words. "we're being given 30 days of free time" That only applies to level 50s. It does not apply to the whole playerbase.

I myself have a level 42 and a level 48 that I rerolled when my server started dying. Been playing for 3 months but dont have a level 50.

Nuff said. 30-days free doesn't apply to everyone on these forums. Your argument is invalid.

play on words? where? show me!!!

and i think the percentage of active subscribers who have played any substantial amount of time and still dont have a level 50 is incredibly low...

i only know of 1 person on my server who that applies to.

Dont they make backups before patching just incase? so that after todays patch they just would up the backup and patch it again next week?

Or would that be to logical?

You are talking about someone that didn't insert a clearly labeled 1.2a ... so want to consider the possibility we aren't dealing with just slightly below average intellect?