Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem isn't in the backups, sure they probably do have backups. The problem actually lies in us. You, Me, and all the other players very likely don't have backups. If they roll back the game, it will cause us to have to re-download the ENTIRE game. I don't know about you but due to my connection speeds and the fact I don't leave my computer online 24/7, a 12 gb download would cause me to be out the entire weekend.

Other folks will be less inconvenienced as they will be able to get it down in less than a day. Still that's likely 2 days, the downtime today to roll it back if thats what they do. Then a day on top of that for most players to download the game again to patch it to Pre-1.2.

AND... there is no "if you stop the dl you can pick up again at that point". No. You start ALL over.

Worst system EVER for a dl that large.

Servers are down for one day.

ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE.

The amount of facedesk in this thread is alarmingly high. I don't want to live on this planet anymore. BRB booking tickets to Mars so I can A+QQ about solar flares.

Mars is now called Barsoom by the cool kids these days.

my only beef with this whole boondoggle is they shouldve known better. ive been an IT manager for over a decade.. and i would never implement so many changes all at once. we all know you can only test so much in a test environment. so why go live with all these changes all at once, i for one am glad they didnt do the ranked warzones. that would be just another layer of broken failness .. instead of a massive change like this.. why not just release it piece meal. that way if something breaks its much easier to diagnose and fix..

OMG BW!! I demand a refund for this downtime!!!

Let's see, i'm paying $15.00 a month (30 days)

15/30=$0.50 a day

0.50/24 hours=$0.02

bout 11 hours total downage today

BW, I DEMAND MY $0,22!!!

Edited by Ducilia

I guess BW really missed out on not hiring you then. That being said, are you saying I can go take an intro class at a community college and successfully (and with out issue) implement enormous content updates to a multi-million dollar gaming platform?

Obviously you are not in IT nor know what an SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) is. You should also research the idea of Agile vs the Waterfall PM Models as well.

my only beef with this whole boondoggle is they shouldve known better. ive been an IT manager for over a decade.. and i would never implement so many changes all at once. we all know you can only test so much in a test environment. so why go live with all these changes all at once, i for one am glad they didnt do the ranked warzones. that would be just another layer of broken failness .. instead of a massive change like this.. why not just release it piece meal. that way if something breaks its much easier to diagnose and fix..

Im stopping you at the beef part cuz you don't got beef, you got a dill pickle.

I have actually worked on databases before. Can you imagine if this was a banking server? Can you imagine the legal ramifications if a banking software rolled back even for a few minutes while their DBMs were trying to patch the server?

Actually my banks internet access went down a couple weeks ago for an entire weekend. All I got was an apology. Good enough. What, were they supposed to give me something? There are no gaurantee's in life.... none.

AND... there is no "if you stop the dl you can pick up again at that point". No. You start ALL over.

Worst system EVER for a dl that large.

I don't know what the problem your talking about is. I never had trouble restarting the downloads once I stopped them.

OMG BW!! I demand a refund for this downtime!!!

Let's see, i'm paying $15.00 a month (30 days)

15/30=$0.50 a day

0.50/24 hours=$0.02

bout 11 hours total downage today

BW, I DEMAND MY $0,22!!!

This ^^

1.2's release was always going to be a mess.

From my view the warning signs were there from the very beginning with SWTORs release in December. This was far too early considering content wasn't fully tested and bugs were still rife throughout. As a result patches have been rolled out and surprisingly those too haven't been sufficiently tested.

Its seems to the majority that BioWare still don't want to take their time with testing and more importantly getting the right players to test he right content. I believe in the PTS there was a lack of level.50s for 1.2 and as a consequence the Endgame of 1.2 (we saw very briefly last night) was bugged and wrongly adjudged.

Moving on, BioWare normally patch games on Tuesdays. The reason for this is to create a full working week to tweak issues and small bugs after the patches implementation. This therefore allows gamers to populate and play for the full weekend on their respective servers. Considering the reasons for patching on Tuesday's, why has BioWare decided to launch 1.2 on a Thursday?!

This has led to a rushed 1.2.0a patch which has mucked up the game even more and resulted in 12 hours of downtime...

Now I know BioWare are probably under pressure from someone up the chain (i.e. EA) to meet release deadlines but releasing untested, unfinished and buggy patches is crazy and is slowly taking its toll on the community...

Ever baked a PERFECT cake? It's really really hard.

Nope. :( It's difficult. Watching those fat *****es on the Food Network, how they do it so easily..

You know, now that I think about it, Food Network has a lot of women doing cooking shows.

And you feminists say your place isn't the kitchen...

Giada de Laurentiis says otherwise!! :D

1.2's release was always going to be a mess.

From my view the warning signs were there from the very beginning with swtors release in december. This was far too early considering content wasn't fully tested and bugs were still rife throughout. As a result patches have been rolled out and surprisingly those too haven't been sufficiently tested.

Its seems to the majority that bioware still don't want to take their time with testing and more importantly getting the right players to test he right content. I believe in the pts there was a lack of level.50s for 1.2 and as a consequence the endgame of 1.2 (we saw very briefly last night) was bugged and wrongly adjudged.

Moving on, bioware normally patch games on tuesdays. The reason for this is to create a full working week to tweak issues and small bugs after the patches implementation. This therefore allows gamers to populate and play for the full weekend on their respective servers. Considering the reasons for patching on tuesday's, why has bioware decided to launch 1.2 on a thursday?!

This has led to a rushed 1.2.0a patch which has mucked up the game even more and resulted in 12 hours of downtime...

Now i know bioware are probably under pressure from someone up the chain (i.e. Ea) to meet release deadlines but releasing untested, unfinished and buggy patches is crazy and is slowly taking its toll on the community...

nice crit!!!

Actually my banks internet access went down a couple weeks ago for an entire weekend. All I got was an apology. Good enough. What, were they supposed to give me something? There are no gaurantee's in life.... none.

Internet access getting blocked is different from servers rolling back. NY Stock exchange does hundreds of transactions per second. If their server rolls back even for a few minutes, the whole exchange will crash and burn. Imagine the millions of dollars lost in lost transactions and bogus claims.

Obviously you are not in IT nor know what an SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) is. You should also research the idea of Agile vs the Waterfall PM Models as well.

I love armchair IT guys. You folks crack me up. You know everything, but any time I've had to deal with one, you never seem to be able to help me.

I have actually worked on databases before. Can you imagine if this was a banking server? Can you imagine the legal ramifications if a banking software rolled back even for a few minutes while their DBMs were trying to patch the server?

Oh I can imagine since I work for a lending institution. Guess it is a good thing this is a game and not a lending institution. Two entirely different things. Also nothing says anything about rolling back anything on the website they are fixing the assests.

Im stopping you at the beef part cuz you don't got beef, you got a dill pickle.

my only DILL PICKLE with this whole boondoggle is they shouldve known better. ive been an IT manager for over a decade.. and i would never implement so many changes all at once. we all know you can only test so much in a test environment. so why go live with all these changes all at once, i for one am glad they didnt do the ranked warzones. that would be just another layer of broken failness .. instead of a massive change like this.. why not just release it piece meal. that way if something breaks its much easier to diagnose and fix..

there ya go :D

What people end up doing is not your concern, and its not painful to listen too if you don't care about it, but apparently you do because you and many other frustrated nerds decide to troll people complaining about a service they aren't recieving.

Such a thing does not happen in real life, ever.

oh, also as I stated earlier, I am only on the forums because I finished catching up on my Hulu que, my taxes are done, and the servers are down. Sooooo why not sit here and laugh at people who complain on the internet about something they will be playing the minute the servers are back up and BW has plugged a few holes in the leaky dam.

The part I find amusing is that you rise to the bait and keep responding.

OH and these things happen in real life all the time. It's just not as instant a response as the internet provides. Word of physical mouth is Much much slower than word of virtual mouth.

Also, I do care about the servers being down. I would rather be playing SWTOR. Instead I get to sit here drunk , laughing at people crying about stuff that my ancient crusty 36 year old *** has been hearing since UO and EQ1. It hasn't changed....there are going to be patches and after major content patches you are going to get multiple fix patches.

Usually several days in a row.

Wait... I could be playing kingdoms of amalur:reconing right now....damn you vodka you kept me from a separate form of entertainment!!!

CG signing off. quote me all you like, I actually DO have other things to do.....damnthevodka!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.