Mar/Sents

mikedee

Mara/Sent have the necessary skill points in their talent trees to become 1v1 machines, it has always been this way, the only difference now is a semi-noticable buff to ravage/MS AND the much needed BUFF to expertise. Want to out-live us? stay close to an ally or your ops group and watch us fail.

Failing which, do what I did and do some research on the other class' abilities and talent trees and maybe next time that little bit of extra knowledge will make the difference between you and that 'unstoppable' mara/sent you so quickly bash on the forums.

Wait until the expertise gap is closed in the coming weeks, then see if your QQ is still justified.

So your argument is 'if you want to kill a marauder, bring two friends'. This is the definition of overpowered. How can you justify that position? If it takes a group to kill you, there is something wrong.

And yes, if you read this thread, most people agree that Marauders were already strong. This fact did not escape us. We are wondering why in the galaxy they'd get buffed more.

Many of us have alts of the class, and understand the mechanics.

Most in here are full BM geared, which means yesterday we had the most expertise you could have, so were on even footing at worst.

Maybe next BW will let players control Ops bosses. Just bring a group to kill me!

Edited by Edryk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am full BM and yesterday with the release of 1.2 I get 1 shot now with master strike/ravage abilities. Mar/Sents were fine before the buffs. Now they are way better than any other class. They have more single target dps and with their defensive cd's they have more durability than any other class.

Now you know how it felt to be any Republic player trying to fight through the IMP agents endless 10 second stun to dead method of playing that we dealt with for 3 months. Did you whine then? Nope, you all told us to suck it up and play. Ditto to you now.

As a sentinel with impeccable sense of fairness I can truly and with godlike justification say snipers are, like totally, overpowered as a nuclear reactor.

Please BW. Give us the ability to, at 100 meters distance, to force persuade them to

a) either miss every shot for the next 2 mins (not their melee attacks though. That would just be unbalanced)

or b) power down their cover shields for the rest of the WZ so we can jump to them.

Oh yeah, suggested skill should cost ½ focus and hav a negative CD (so it can be stacked).

So your argument is 'if you want to kill a marauder, bring two friends'. This is the definition of overpowered. How can you justify that position? If it takes a group to kill you, there is something wrong.

And yes, if you read this thread, most people agree that Marauders were already strong. This fact did not escape us. We are wondering why in the galaxy they'd get buffed more.

No, that is not my argument in a nutshell.

If you are complaining about a melee class chopping you into pieces (1v1) once in melee range, my position is "get out" of melee range, failing which (CC breakout on cooldown etc) stick with your group.

And I do stand by the fact that mara/sent are great in 1v1 situations, just as I stand by the fact that operative/smugglers are also great in 1v1 situations.

You have to spec pure carnage to pull off that burst damage combo(master strike/ravage combo), it is just not possible in rage/annhi as you lack the necessary lock-ups to keep them there for the duration of the combo.

And like you said, you would agree that mara/sent have always been a strong class & I agree with you on that, but, so too are the smuggler/operative - and this is speaking in a strictly 1v1 situation. These two classes are hands down the best in the game if 1v1 is your playstyle.

So I apologize for not specifying that my post was only addressing the 1v1 aspect of the marauder/sentinel PvP. Because frankly,all these other posts complaining about "oh two maras just melted all of my HP in seconds" does not warrant a reply in my books..you got 2v1'd by two melee classes, what the hell did you think was going to happen?

Basically now you should just KB immediately when you see someone do Ravage/Master Strike. I think PT is the only class that can't KB that also cannot use Ravage, so most classes should be fine. It's kind of silly that a move with a far longer CD gets less respect than Force Lightning with 1 stack of HD (people go through all kinds of trouble to get away from this). Now you can't just ignore the move.

As a sentinel with impeccable sense of fairness I can truly and with godlike justification say snipers are, like totally, overpowered as a nuclear reactor.

Please BW. Give us the ability to, at 100 meters distance, to force persuade them to

a) either miss every shot for the next 2 mins (not their melee attacks though. That would just be unbalanced)

or b) power down their cover shields for the rest of the WZ so we can jump to them.

Oh yeah, suggested skill should cost ½ focus and hav a negative CD (so it can be stacked).

Basically now you should just KB immediately when you see someone do Ravage/Master Strike. I think PT is the only class that can't KB that also cannot use Ravage, so most classes should be fine. It's kind of silly that a move with a far longer CD gets less respect than Force Lightning with 1 stack of HD (people go through all kinds of trouble to get away from this). Now you can't just ignore the move.

Scoundrels have no kb either.

C'mon guyz, Marauders and Sentinels are like, really really REALLY HRD TO PLAY CUZ YOU LIKE HAVE TO PRESS MOAR THAN 1 BUTTOAN SO IT HAS TO BE FOR HIGHLY SKILLET PLAYERS ONLY.

Okay, that ^^^ was a joke. My Sentinel was OP before the patch, now I feel unstoppable in any 1v1. I have to be careful vs Juggs/Guardians though...IMO those 2 classes should be nerfed, I should be able to kill everyone 1v1 with ease. Yes, I know "but MMOs aren't about 1v1!" I beg to differ. Sentinels ARE MADE to be able to take out every other class easily. We're Jedi's and we don't always have back-up or help close by, read the lore please.

Dear BioWare: make Sentinels more powerful. Thanks, I know you'll come through.

C'mon guyz, Marauders and Sentinels are like, really really REALLY HRD TO PLAY CUZ YOU LIKE HAVE TO PRESS MOAR THAN 1 BUTTOAN SO IT HAS TO BE FOR HIGHLY SKILLET PLAYERS ONLY.

Okay, that ^^^ was a joke. My Sentinel was OP before the patch, now I feel unstoppable in any 1v1. I have to be careful vs Juggs/Guardians though...IMO those 2 classes should be nerfed, I should be able to kill everyone 1v1 with ease. Yes, I know "but MMOs aren't about 1v1!" I beg to differ. Sentinels ARE MADE to be able to take out every other class easily. We're Jedi's and we don't always have back-up or help close by, read the lore please.

Dear BioWare: make Sentinels more powerful. Thanks, I know you'll come through.

I got $100 that says you don't have a level 50 Sent...

No, that is not my argument in a nutshell.

If you are complaining about a melee class chopping you into pieces (1v1) once in melee range, my position is "get out" of melee range, failing which (CC breakout on cooldown etc) stick with your group.

And I do stand by the fact that mara/sent are great in 1v1 situations, just as I stand by the fact that operative/smugglers are also great in 1v1 situations.

You have to spec pure carnage to pull off that burst damage combo(master strike/ravage combo), it is just not possible in rage/annhi as you lack the necessary lock-ups to keep them there for the duration of the combo.

And like you said, you would agree that mara/sent have always been a strong class & I agree with you on that, but, so too are the smuggler/operative - and this is speaking in a strictly 1v1 situation. These two classes are hands down the best in the game if 1v1 is your playstyle.

So I apologize for not specifying that my post was only addressing the 1v1 aspect of the marauder/sentinel PvP. Because frankly,all these other posts complaining about "oh two maras just melted all of my HP in seconds" does not warrant a reply in my books..you got 2v1'd by two melee classes, what the hell did you think was going to happen?

No, I'm saying that other MELEE ACs should have a fighting chance 1v1 vs a Marauder/Sent. Not get totally obliterated. We can't just get out of melee... then I can't hit you either and you just force leap. I don't expect to win 100% of the time, I just want a fair fight. If I charge into a group of enemies I expect to die. If I charge into a single Marauder now I expect to die just as fast. Ops/Smugglers have burst but nowhere near the survivability that Mara/Sents have. You can't have both, it's simply OP.

1v1 balance is the foundation of group balance. So I bring a friend. What if there's 2 Mara/Sents? We both get smacked down.

So far I've seen three responses in this thread: a) Run away b) Bring a group and c) the level headed Sent/Mara players that say we are OP.

Edited by Edryk

It really amazes me how many people say Marauders we're OP before the patch. Anihilation was strong, carnage was crap. Now that carnage is viable it somehow goes to god-like status and people in here think every marauder is 31/31/31 specced. These buffs were to make the tree that noone used playable, sorry that your unfamiliar with how to deal with carnage marauders.

People are dying faster now period. Get used to it. Its not like Marauders are putting up stupid numbers like 700K per warzone now as a single target DPS.

They buffed Ravage and damage in general while not increasing mitigation and nerfing healing. You're going to die faster. News flash. Its not just us. Now stun me or KB me and l2play.

I was Carnage before the patch and Carnage after. Everything hits a ******** harder and I now have to pop Undying Rage when I even think I'm gonna be at 25% health. I could get down to a sliver before and use it.

Edited by Kelin_Muk

All DPS got increased, not just marauders. I noticed it instantly yesterday that I was losing health WAY faster then normal. I was down to 30% in just a few hits. I also noticed I was hitting like a truck to. They changed expertise and damage to make fights go faster. Commandos I pvp with were getting all giddy because demolition rounds was hitting people for an insane amount of damage.

It wasn't DPS being increased, it is the value of Expertise that changed.

They are only overpowered vs. you jumpers. You are not a sniper killer. Other ranged classes can take out snipers no problem. Snipers need to sit in cover and are sitting ducks to other ranged. Mercs and sorcs should be destroying them with ease. They simply need a LOS and pop out every now and then to dot them or hit them with a few insta cast abilities (arsenal mercs can simply out dps them so they don't even need LOS).

I know, you can't simply destroy every class in the game. Poor you.

Edited by McGarnagle

lol it is a casted attack. Learn to play.

What a totally useless post.

Learn to contribute.

Im a Sentinel and I agree it is OP and stupid i don't like how they made my class faceroll. Now it roots you in place and is uninterruptable

^

- DH

Edited by Diet-Hutt

The best part about being a mar, having half health and getting charged by another mar because they think they are OP. Then kicking the snot out of them. Edited by Usnea

People are dying faster now period. Get used to it. Its not like Marauders are putting up stupid numbers like 700K per warzone now as a single target DPS.

They buffed Ravage and damage in general while not increasing mitigation and nerfing healing. You're going to die faster. News flash. Its not just us. Now stun me or KB me and l2play.

I was Carnage before the patch and Carnage after. Everything hits a ******** harder and I now have to pop Undying Rage when I even think I'm gonna be at 25% health. I could get down to a sliver before and use it.

Yes, people are dying faster now. But there's a reason Marauders are getting the brunt of the complaints. They are over the top. The other classes in equal gear are balanced. But an already strong AC (arguably the strongest in damage) was buffed while most everyone else got nerfs.

Yup, I die faster to OPs, Snipers, Mercs etc. I also do more damage to them, so it balances out. Not so with Maras/Sents. They are ripping everyone new ones (except snipers apparently).

People aren't complaining in here about the increased dps of PvP in general. It just creates a faster paced game. They are specifically complaining about one class because they are crazy right now.

BW decided to buff the class based on the average player, not the top players. The top Mara/Sents were already spanking everyone. Now they just look at you funny and you are respawning, while the mediocre ones that were easy to kill are now formidable.