Mar/Sents

mikedee

On my Inquisitor, they chew thru me like a chainsaw. I used up TWO stuns, multiple roots, slow, trying to run away the entire time and I still get completly destroyed by them now. I started sticking real close to my team mates after 3 or so deaths and as soon as this maurader would see me, he would go after me. I was pretty helpless even with multiple teammates beating on them to the point where it was not even worth fighting back, just sit there die. This game is pretty stupid now.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still find as a Pyro PT i can easly melt Maras.. Carbonize when they go to ravage me. and then when they are going to use there reduction i stun with electro dart.. I stay at a distance that i can with Flame burst and use TD. It's not hard to counter Maras.. Just learn to play your damn class lol.. Don't sit there and let ravage get you 3 times.. only dumb dumbs sit in one spot in PVP and let someone *** **** them lol.

Master Strike roots for the duration if combat spec'd

I really think the Master Strike/Ravage buff was an overkill.

It should not have been overall warrior/knight buff, but Jugg/Guardian only.

Preferably for Vengeance/Vigilance from Rampage/Zen Strike.

- Rampage:

Impale and Shatter have a [10 / 20 / 30]% chance to finish the cooldown on Ravage. This effect cannot occur more than once every 15 seconds. Each rank beyond the first reduces this rate limit by 3 seconds.

In addition, Ravage now applies sunder armor for each succesful hit. Targets affected by 5 stacks of your armor reduction take 15% additional damage from Ravage.

Precision strike + master strike = Death.

I haven't played my sent since early January, have been in love with my KC/Balance Shadow. It's kind of hard not to play it now though with the damage he's doing.

I've always felt he was under powered in PvP. He was the only class that lacked a knockdown or back, any significant CC, hell, his real role was as a decent runner in HB and he brought the mortal strike (as combat, at least.) This was just my initial impression from the short time I spent with the class. Very fun, but felt very dependent on having a healer. Figured they'd buff them eventually to try and even everything out..but as it stands, the seesaw is pretty low where the sentinel is sitting.

I dont even see the point in this thread. finally the sent/maur isnt completely useless in pvp and everyone QQ. i stopped playing mine because they were so weak before in full pvp gear i could get 3 shots off before i was repeatedly destroyed by snipers/commando's (take a look at grav round) it is still this way but now we can just take people down before we die.

The buff was overkill, master strike was decent damage if too easy too counter prepatch.

I was routinely getting 3.5k + crits from the last hit yesterday on my combat sent (mix of champion and 2/3 pieces of bm, champion weapon). And thats without relics or adrenals : /

Its great for combat to be back in line with watchman but ... yeah i just feel bad for 90% of the people i run into in warzones. A precision slash, master strike, bladestorm combo tends to take them down to dispatch range, or near enough.

I'd just revert the 15% damage increase. The 8% talent in focus is more than enough of a buff.

Anyway im off too try level up my vigilance guardian to zen strike range before the nerf hits :)

Don't sit there and let ravage get you 3 times.. only dumb dumbs sit in one spot in PVP and let someone *** **** them lol.

In carnage spec ravage roots you for the duration. And massacre gives you 6 seconds of armour penetration.

Charge + massacre + gore + ravage + crit force scream. If a mara gets this off on you now its pretty much gg.

Lol, it roots you.

Never had an unstun? really seems the people losing to me as sent dont know how to play. the good names that i recognize and i know are REALLY good, still whoop my ***. i see no issue. all it is is that sentinels are no longer the joke of pvp.

In carnage spec ravage roots you for the duration. And massacre gives you 6 seconds of armour penetration.

Charge + massacre + gore + ravage + crit force scream. If a mara gets this off on you now its pretty much gg.

In 1v1 this isn't all that difficult. In group PVP, it is. And Maras/Sents are not the only class with synergies....

Never had an unstun? really seems the people losing to me as sent dont know how to play. the good names that i recognize and i know are REALLY good, still whoop my ***. i see no issue. all it is is that sentinels are no longer the joke of pvp.

yes 1. Then you have a spammable root.

Sents/marauders who were terrible before the patch are now forces to be reckoned with.

The good ones are now unstoppable.

The whole class is balanced around how the average person plays it, not its potential.

LOL, the way i see it, its the pot calling the kettle black.

HOW IN THE WORLD IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT, then what a ranged class would do a KNOCKBACK that is specced to ROOT a melee and then si there and range fire on the melee for the duration of the root practically killing the melee w/o the melee ever really getting anything in edgewise??

Seems to to me what bioware has done is, even the playing field. now those caster are more inclined to use their cc breakers instead of melee using theres and then being cc for 2 mins until the van break 1 again.

dont confuse having to change your inadequate play-style with a class being OP or your class being nerfed.

everyone complaining about a buff that melee got because ranged was way to op we had to learn to survive you guys killing us and by the time we did get close to you u didnt even have to run from us now that u cant stand still an kill us you want us back useless you can learn to run from us learn ur whole class instead of using the same op spells u used before we got buff! a Jedi Knight and Sith warrior are supposed to be feared on the battle field not targeted because some one knows there an ez kill notice there are alot more ranged classes then melee! Edited by Dorjuan

LOL, the way i see it, its the pot calling the kettle black.

HOW IN THE WORLD IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT, then what a ranged class would do a KNOCKBACK that is specced to ROOT a melee and then si there and range fire on the melee for the duration of the root practically killing the melee w/o the melee ever really getting anything in edgewise??

Seems to to me what bioware has done is, even the playing field. now those caster are more inclined to use their cc breakers instead of melee using theres and then being cc for 2 mins until the van break 1 again.

dont confuse having to change your inadequate play-style with a class being OP or your class being nerfed.

agreed

If you can't take two steps away, or use a knockback, id suggest getting more than 4k health if ravage is 3 shotting you

Interestingly enough; what if he has a full resolve bar and charges to you?

You're rooted, he can't be stunned. The channel can't be interrupted.

Only option: break the root and make distance in... less then .5 seconds? (the damage comes in two spikes. Two strikes at the beginning of the channel, and the last at the very end)

Assuming a Jugger charges you for the root: have a stun up? He's already (most likely) immune to knock-backs from the 4-second buff (physics immunity) without needing a full resolve bar. Generally speaking; using an on-demand stun will only fill most of his resolve bar and in which case you're screwed unless you can out burst him.

Strictly my opinion: but that is just not fun gameplay.