Mar/Sents

mikedee

So I am full BM and yesterday with the release of 1.2 I get 1 shot now with master strike/ravage abilities. Mar/Sents were fine before the buffs. Now they are way better than any other class. They have more single target dps and with their defensive cd's they have more durability than any other class.

DID it ever occur to you that befor the PATCH, you lack any skill and your characters opness carried you and thus you didnt need any of the tools to defend yourself agaisnt that class b/c you make a joke of them and now that bubble is gone, you have to do something other then just dps a sent/mar to win.

go back to sqaure 1 and learn how to play your class right now that its been brought down off its op high horse.

Edited by LeonkRAV

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop trying to 1v1 in a team oriented warzone?

Exactly, Sents have never done to well in WZ's anyway the only thing my class is really useful for is wiping out fleshy sages/sorcerers.

Something Powertechs can and do a better job of, seriously people should try playing Sentinels before complaining and actually try understand the class.

We have like 1 ranged attack with a massive cool down until enemy hits 30 percent health. Any decent sage on my server could switch to DPS and do more damage then me in a Warzone without even having to learn the class.

Mostly because I get stunned half the entire WZ, Yet people playing sages want it all. They already move faster then me can heal can stun me easily. Can pull other players to them can out DPS because their hard to target or keep stunned. Can knock me of ledges so am useless for 15 seconds can throw me into flame pits. Can kill me at a distance, **** me in huttball.

Yet when they lose to me 1 vs 1 in close combat they complain am OP'ed...

Tired of seeing maras and sents defending this class. None of us should be surprised, it happens everytime a class gets overbuffed. Just natural that ppl want their class to be strong and keep it that way.

I'm tired of complainers spending all their time complaining on forums rather then learning to play their own class to the fullest potential. Maras/ Sents will be nerfed based on BioWare's metrics. Not because you complainers are complaining.

So I am full BM and yesterday with the release of 1.2 I get 1 shot now with master strike/ravage abilities. Mar/Sents were fine before the buffs. Now they are way better than any other class. They have more single target dps and with their defensive cd's they have more durability than any other class.

LOL.. Try being a gunnery commando.. A marauder looks at me like a fat man looks at a taco bell..

In most of the warzones I played last night, I had multiple marauders just camping me and ignoring objectives to get their jollies off...

link?

sounds like wishful thinking, the patch had been on the server for a while, if anything all its fixing is bugs nothing class related. - if anything was wrong with classes none bug wise they would have change on the ptr. ?they arent going to say a day after patch and weeks of ptr terting WAIT this is suddenly doing too much dps now we need to nerf it.

I'm tired of complainers spending all their time complaining on forums rather then learning to play their own class to the fullest potential. Maras/ Sents will be nerfed based on BioWare's metrics. Not because you complainers are complaining.

BW uses QQ metrics.

Interesting, you're claiming that you 1v2 people and pop your cooldowns and still have 75% life? You do realize that Sent/Mara's "5 second god mode" instantly reduces their current health by 50%....right?

No, on my marauder I can 2v1 and win. 1v1 against a marauder on other ACs I die while they have 60-75% health left.

Whether they popped UR and got healing ticks from DoTs, Second Wind, or medpacks or just didn't use it I don't know.

Edited by Edryk

Hi, I have cooldowns too. You pop yours, I pop mine, you end with 75% health, I'm dead. Why?

Run away? Then I can't hit you. And you charge me. Wait, that's your solution? Run away? LOL. Why should a marauder be the god of 1v1? You absolutely need a friend to have even a chance against them BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION.

On my marauder I can easily 2v1 people as Rage/Focus, which is weak apparently.

If you think 1v1 never happens in a team WZ you are delusional. Sorry, I'm not going to run into the deathtrap mid node full of the enemy team. I'm going where the enemy is weakly defending.

Marauders have always been godly 1 v 1 though. 1.2 just makes that even more clear now that damage has been increased globally thanks to the expertise change. The real issue is the fact they buffed up certain skills far too me.

Mara isnt high on my list of threatening classes. The problem comes from all the people who didnt get the expertise boost to there gear with1.2. Anyone who min/max there gear by switching mods got totally ***** in stats. So now if you encounter a mara who didnt touch there gear he will be significantly more threatening becuase they got buffed through gear and you probably did not. Once gear evens out again you will be fine. I personally never remodded my tank set so i have no problems with anything in warzones atm.

/thread I am having zero issues with maras atm knockback slow kite em a bit easy kill no defense when guarded by force is on CD and no longer have a 100% dr for a time it's actually easier now if you understand the changes...

master strike can not be interrupted anymore, but you aways can give some 2 steps behind.... lol

ps. im a jedi guardian, with tank spec, and in the last patch master strike was removed from the combo list in pvp, looks like that with the new content is time to bring it back

Edited by Occultsaga

Ravage is now uninterruptable so... yea

http://www.torhead.com/ability/dtRmUac/master-strike

Oh look at that, a 4m range. I wonder if you can move away from a 3s cast?

Just so you know, roughly the first 1.5s of the cast are the first 2 hits for about 60% of the damage. The last hit doesn't happen until 1.5s later, and that's the big 40% hit. Even snared, if you can't waddle 4m away in 3s, you deserve the burst that hit you.

ravage/master strike incoming

please choose 1 of the following options

a) knockback

b) stun

c) stand still and take the damage

I CHOOSE C!

omgz game is fail!

a)My knockback is usually(like 90% of time) on CD so it's 50/50 it's up - so let's say it's on CD

b)Now HARD choice. Don't use your stun now and die horribly OR use your stun and die horribly when they pop invincible bubble :rolleyes:

c)You could always try running away...

I still find as a Pyro PT i can easly melt Maras.. Carbonize when they go to ravage me. and then when they are going to use there reduction i stun with electro dart.. I stay at a distance that i can with Flame burst and use TD. It's not hard to counter Maras.. Just learn to play your damn class lol.. Don't sit there and let ravage get you 3 times.. only dumb dumbs sit in one spot in PVP and let someone *** **** them lol.

We all knew Mara/Sent was going to be the new FOTM before this patch was released. I'm not surprised. As a Pyro Powertech, I used to melt the bad ones and put up a good fight against the better ones.

Now I just get owned.

so loving that the signature on this one is more pew pew less QQ. all this is, is a QQ thread.

I still find as a Pyro PT i can easly melt Maras.. Carbonize when they go to ravage me. and then when they are going to use there reduction i stun with electro dart.. I stay at a distance that i can with Flame burst and use TD. It's not hard to counter Maras.. Just learn to play your damn class lol.. Don't sit there and let ravage get you 3 times.. only dumb dumbs sit in one spot in PVP and let someone *** **** them lol.

Some people just know how to play, others will complain on forums instead of learning how to.

As a sentinel (watchman) I agree something should be changed.

For starters, perhaps they oughta put the ravager/master focus talent (2/2 talent points increase damage by 8% and reduces CD by 3) bit higher up their respective trees?

Edited by antval