Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Loxone

do you cry over the guy who wins lottery also? cos you didnt get it and you are ''loyal'' lottery player?

I got a free car check all parts last week i bet not everyone did but cos i spent so much time there with my car i got it...

SIMPLE.

free month for those actually lvling to 50 and playing the endgame.... you have your playtime worth by doing crappy SP game we pay for content at endgame so we get rewards!

this.. +1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is unbelievably stupid. Why does having one level 50 character and no others make somebody more loyal than someone who has 8 level 49 characers (just an extreme example)?

Personally, I'm not directly affected, as I do have level 50 characters. However, there are many I know that are and are really upset and angry about this sort of showing people that not all the money people pay for the game is worth the same to Bioware, Electronic Arts and Lucas Arts.

Everybody pays the same fee. Those that have remained loyally subscribed for a certain time period should be rewarded, not because of some in-game progress measure.

I know plenty of people that have been playing and paying loyally since early access and have yet to reach level 50 on any characters, because they weren't happy with their appearance (wanted to change hairdo, beards, makeup, etc.) and redid them multiple times.

I know people who made it to level 40 back in the day, but their character was bugged and CS told them to delete and remake it because they couldn't fix it.

I know many roleplayers who have been loyally busting their behings roleplaying every single day since early access even while missing essential RP tools like chat bubbles, sitting on all chairs (it's not hard to do - just get an intern to go over all chairs in the game already and add the darn sitting property!), missing animated emotes like /liedown, a plastical surgery/image desing/barber shop option to change the character's appearanc e post character creation, the inability to freely decorate their ships/apartments and much more. Socializers and Roleplayers regularly get put on the backburner on updates (don't tell me the legacy tree is a good RP tool, it's severly limited as you can only have two characters in the same level of the tree and no other player can even see your tree), etc..

I know soldiers who have been deployed but remained subscribed in good faith, just not having the time to play.

I know people who started on new servers before they could reach level 50 on their characters, because there is no free character transfer and the servers they started on were dead.

The list goes on and on.

It's simply not fair to the really loyal, paying and playing customers that haven't reached level 50 yet. They are ticked off, and rightfully so.

Hopefully Bioware, Electronic Arts and Lucas Arts will see the error of their ways and reward every active subscriber the 30 free days, no matter what they've achieved in the game so far.

Otherwise they will alienate a large part of the playerbase.

Edited by Glzmo

I feel like Bioware just slapped me in the face for not having a 50 even though ive been playing since release :eek:

Not receiving a reward is not a punishment. Bioware still provides you with a great game to play and you shouldn't expect anything more. Still, I wish the reward had applied to all people who have subscribed since the beginning. I'm sure BW will make a statement regarding this quite soon.

Edited by Gradivus

The truly ironic thing is that after this patch, the only people that seem to WANT to play the game are the people that aren't at level 50. Unfortunately, 1.2 really dropped the ball. And this free month for level 50's seems to me that BW knew it was going to be bad and is basically trying to get people to wait for them to add/fix some kind of end game content.

I did enjoy leveling in this game, but I'm not someone that likes to repeat things, especially quests, so I live for the end game content. Until today, I really did enjoy the pvp system, it was the best MMO pvp I've every played. After today however, what with being punished for losing in warzones now, the fact that the actual pvp gameplay is pretty balanced means nothing. People don't want to be punished for playing the game even if it is free.

I guess my point is, don't be upset if you didn't get a free month, most of the people that got one won't be using it anyway...

Edited by Ritterific

Respect is earned

You lost that with the childish issues comment

Actually you lost that about 20 posts ago by you but I was beng generous

I'm, not talking about earning a medal in a war, this is just about basic human interaction.

All your posts are full of "I'm better than you, I'm older than you, I'm smarter than you" even though you don't know me one bit.

There's only a few things I've learned about the internet, and one of them is, never judge anyone, just by reading what he or she writes on the internet.

As for your "issues".

I didn't write that to insult you.

10-14 hours a day, every day, is extreme.

Edited by Nindoriel

You are not entitled to anything

They are rewarding those that have hit cap already with free 30 days.

If you don't meet those requirements move on. You paid for the game, you get the game, you pay for time, you get time... you pay for collectors you got bonuse items...

Quit thinking you deserve everything.

/thread

No ****? You ten or something? Of course BioWare isn't required to give free gametime to anyone but if they do and call it a reward for loyal customers when the terms are such that 2 week old account can get rewarded, while early access account might not, people are free to voice their annoynce. After that it's up to BioWare how to react if they want to react at all.

The difference here is it's real money, not some tonk, in-game pet/chariot/sidekick/ship's bidet.

The message is clear, someone who sub'd for the first time last week and spent the week levelling to 50 is worth more than someone who fronted up with the cash for pre-order, supported the game all the way to now but just happens not to have a lvl 50 yet for whatever reason.

OP is right. There are a bunch of very loyal and dedicated players that get insulted this way.

Please, BW correct this. (And I am sure you will once you read this thread.)

However, THANK YOU FOR THE FREE MONTH! It is very much appreciated.

Well i removed my credit card from the billing options.

And when the 6 month subscription i bought at the release of the game (ive been here since early access and never left) runs out ill just take a 30 day vacation from the game i think.

Play something else for a while...

The way i see it, if im not a valued enough customer to get 30 days free when someone else that could have joined just a month ago and leveled to 50 in a rush does, i dont think bioware deserves that month from me either.

its not about the money for me, i can afford it.

Its about the principle. They are not rewarding loyalty, they are rewarding nothing other than simply reaching level 50 (no matter if you did it over the last months or if you rushed there in two weeks)

So as I see it you just need a level 50 character?

So why are those people complaining.

Especially when you are playing since release, having a level 50 character is no problem.

You are taking the "valued customer" thing too literally.

It's just a way to keep the level 50 players, that don't feel there's enough content for them, tied to the game.

Of course they're not gonna write that in the email.

Edited by Nindoriel

I have been playing since day 2 of pre launch

I play 10-14 hours a day, every day

I signed up 6 months sub

How do you qualify me as less loyal or valued then some kid that signs up, space bars to 50, complains on forums for 2 weeks hes bored, cancells for 2 months, then comes back day before 1.2 and gets free month for loyalty and value?

Im all ears to hear how you explain this away

I have 19 characters, maxed out 6 crew skills, maxed out companion affections, and have characters from level 43 down to 20 spread over 3 servers.

Im all ears

Technically you count as 3 players as you have 3 accounts so your play time on each account is separate and not the play time of one person. Besides if you have been playing since pre-lunch you've already had a free month, those that joined later didn't get that.

The difference here is it's real money, not some tonk, in-game pet/chariot/sidekick/ship's bidet.

The message is clear, someone who sub'd for the first time last week and spent the week levelling to 50 is worth more than someone who fronted up with the cash for pre-order, supported the game all the way to now but just happens not to have a lvl 50 yet for whatever reason.

What money? People who subbed last week would still get a free month anyway just from buying the game.

So what's the real problem? Both parties would be getting a free month.

Yup its BS, i also got a mail stating i got a free month.

Actually told em to keep it as i couldn't care less for frikkin 13 bucks.

Its unfair to ppl who might even have for example a 49 and a 2nd high char, or more.

They seem to be making all the mistakes they can in an MMO.

Dont give only certain players a free month.

Dont bring out new content while we actually need transfers or merges so i can actually play my 50 on a server with ppl.... yeh ppl in an MMO you know ? .....

Seriously, ive played many MMO's since 2004, never seen such weird decisions wich will ofcourse rub ppl the wrong way... duh.

do you cry over the guy who wins lottery also? cos you didnt get it and you are ''loyal'' lottery player?

How'd you feel if the lottery company decided to give a million monetary units to anyone who bought 50 tickets this month, while you've been faithfully buying a single ticket per week for years? And they announced it on the last day of the month after ticket sales are closed?

I got a free car check all parts last week i bet not everyone did but cos i spent so much time there with my car i got it...

Yes, they gave you free service because you've spent so much time with them, not because you achieved a top speed of 200km/h with your car.

free month for those actually lvling to 50 and playing the endgame.... you have your playtime worth by doing crappy SP game we pay for content at endgame so we get rewards!

Yes, because clearly Bioware made the single-player story part of the game so that you could ignore it and rush to the endgame. Those that take their time to enjoy all aspects of the game got shafted.

Bioware have made me less of a Star Wars fan. I've been a massive geek/fan since 1980, but the terrible decisions EA/Bioware have made building this game, current content, and post-patch panic solutions are, I believe, gonna be hard to make right. Edited by Rzacron

So as I see it you just need a level 50 character?

So why are those people complaining.

Especially when you are playing since release, having a level 50 character is no problem.

There are various reasons as already been stated. Family, Work, other obligations that create a time sink or something else leading to not getting to lvl50 yet. They don't have to give out more free months, but what a huge marketing error to alienate customers who have been paying all this time by saying because they don't have that lvl50 character then they are not a loyal customer. We are certainly loyal...and its that loyalty that will keep us here even after this small debacle. We are just saying "Hey Bioware....remember us?" lol

Yes, because clearly Bioware made the single-player story part of the game so that you could ignore it and rush to the endgame. Those that take their time to enjoy all aspects of the game got shafted.

Ya know I get sick of listening to this drivel. How is 4 months later "rushing"? If you do not have a level 50 in 4 months you simply do not play. Get sick of being told how 4 months later I finally have a level 50 and I am space bar spamming newb who rushed past everything. Give it a rest.

There are various reasons as already been stated. Family, Work, other obligations that create a time sink or something else leading to not getting to lvl50 yet. They don't have to give out more free months, but what a huge marketing error to alienate customers who have been paying all this time by saying because they don't have that lvl50 character then they are not a loyal customer. We are certainly loyal...and its that loyalty that will keep us here even after this small debacle. We are just saying "Hey Bioware....remember us?" lol

Putting words into their mouth isnt helping. They never said everyone who doesnt have a 50 is not valuable. They said people with level 50s are ONE of our most loyal customers. You taking their words and lying about what they said is simply trolling. Nowhere did they say other players werent as loyal. They give founders titles to people who were here at the beginning. Not good enough for you prob tho you want everything. Its not all about you.

Edited by Leggomy

How'd you feel if the lottery company decided to give a million monetary units to anyone who bought 50 tickets this month, while you've been faithfully buying a single ticket per week for years? And they announced it on the last day of the month after ticket sales are closed?

You know how i would feel? id say '' ah well bad luck, better next time i guess'' and move on not caring much cos this is life sometimes you get sometimes you loose.

in the end we all die no matter how many free months i will get or not get.

But the MAIN POINT IS you DID NOT enjoy ALLLLL ASPECTS OF THE GAME cos well you didnt do HMs and Ops and lvl 50 pvp... so why again did you get shafted? you never enjoyed all PARTS of the game i did... i lvled 1-50 quests, fps, heroic 2+ 4+ i did HARDMODES, i did OPS, i did lvl 10-49 pvp and lvl 50 pvp i got pvp gear 400+ expertise,

you didnt do all of that you enjoyed 1 part of it

So i enjoyed all and i got reward... you werent PUNISHED cos its a reward. PUNISHMENT is if they would charge you TWICE!

get your words right in future(this last part is for all crying boys)

Putting words into their mouth isnt helping. They never said everyone who doesnt have a 50 is not valuable. They said people with level 50s are ONE of our most loyal customers. You taking their words and lying about what they said is simply trolling. Nowhere did they say other players werent as loyal. They give founders titles to people who were here at the beginning. Not good enough for you prob tho you want everything. Its not all about you.

Not to mention a baby tauntaun.

And they already got a free month anyway for buying the game in the first place.

Seriously, people, what is the freaking problem?

I didn't ask for anything except Bioware not forgetting that lvl50 characters doesn't only equal their "most valued players" because some of us who have been showing "support and loyalty" don't have lvl50 characters for one reason or another. Never did i say "I want my free month". So have a drink and calm down.