Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

wow, these gifts all scream "we're desperate for subs" to me.

Free month - "SORRY ABOUT BEFORE ... DONT QUIT!"

Free Comback Trial - "PLEASE COME BACK!"

Free Tauntaun - "WE GOT FREE COOKIES!"

Not that im not happy about it but its a little sad when you think about it :o

Well, gl ... and dont worry Bioware, I wont leave you :)

Edited by MasterKayote

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto. I feel sorry for BW. They're trying to do good (for whatever motivations) and you just can't keep everyone happy. Obviously if they gave everyone a free month, there'd be cries of "the game's dying!"

It'd be nice if people just accepted the token gesture, instead of saying "what about me!!".

(I don't have a lvl 50)

That is not the point.

To me its more like : you get a free month if you play republic. Meaning that instead of giving everyone a free month, they decided to pick a criteria, lvl 50 was the easiest one.

I choose to play at my own pace. I could have rushed through it all, but i prefer to enjoy the multiple facets of the game. To enjoy the content fully. The content BW created.

What do i get out of it? BW says : "hey, you should have not cared about the effort we have putted in the game, instead just rush through everything, and you would have gotten a free month".

What should i make out of this? no idea and it pisses me off.

Yeah, should have been hours /played on all characters instead of level.

My highest is 47, and I have 2 others in their 20s and 30s respectively.

Not to mention all those chars in their teens.

That would easily make a single 50.

But I'm sure there's math involved that makes the accountants happy, so whatever.

That is so unfair, and I'm a little miffed even. All accounts that have a level 50 character get a month of free game time to show appreciation of their loyalty... What the flip! I have been playing since December and have eight different characters. Three of which I play often, yet none are level 50. The highest is level 40, but that's because of me playing other characters so much. That shows as much loyalty as having a level 50. I feel people like me who have shown their loyalty in the same fashion, should also get free game time!!

"You're worthless" -Bioware

tobad we dont get a lvl 50 and a mount for returning

not really since no one just joining will get any of it. Its more of thank you to the fans who stayed and a free chance to give the patch a try to those that left.

Bioware encourages people to play alts (This game is all about alts).. encourages people to take their time and enjoy the story.

Then says only people who rushed to the end are "loyal".

Sorry, but epic fail Bioware.

THIS!!!

it's *********** ridiculous, why couldn't they have put it under anyone who also has legacy lvl5+ or something so lots'o'alt players like myself who have played since early access and have a 6month sub can also be a "Valued" customer.. :mad:

So, let me get this straight.

With the 1.2 LEGACY patch out Bioware is giving any account with a level 50 character 30 days of game time. Even if that account has just ONE level 50 character.

However, if you have multiple ALTs on multiple servers, but none of them have reached level 50, you get nothing.

Ok, at least we know what community Bioware is catering to.

So basically, because I chose to play a ton of alts and really experience all the stories slowly.. I miss out on a free 30-days of play, despite having pre-ordered and paying my monthly sub since (which not all 50s subscribed today have)? Not sure why I have to have a 50 to be considered a valued customer. And certainly not thrilled to pay for my sub next month while others get it free to reach level 50, now that I know my money isn't as good because I wanted to take my time.

"You're worthless too" -Bioware

It's not fair that I am balding, have a pot belly, and lack rippling biceps. Sure, the hair is genetic and not really my fault. I'll give you that. But the fact that I have a paunch and skinny arms is my doing for the choices I make in my life. I'm not going around and griping that I want the general public to also have to resort to a toupee because of my hair. I am not making you come and spot me on the bench or making you walk around the park with me.

Life is inherently unfair. You don't deserve something just because someone else has it. If you think you do, next time I pass by you in a restaurant make sure to have a sign saying who you are so I can come down to your table and eat some of your steak.

You don't have your 30 free days because you don't have a level 50? Sorry about your luck. I don't have a pony.

Edited by AMJensen

I feel for many in this thread who do not have a character that is yet 50 and misses out. This is a horrible injustice that ranks right up there with "Mom forgot to do my laundry" and "this hot pocket takes too long to microwave!"

Level 50 should NOT be a requirement to get the free game time. You are treating those of us who have actual lives, and don't spend every single day in game like 2nd class citizens by doing this. I've played since Beta, kept an active sub since launch and honestly I only have a level 45. I wanted to play multiple characters, not just one. I wanted to enjoy my time in game and not rush the story. There are many others who have done this same thing and we should be entitled to the time as well.

If you honestly want to make this a reasonable reward it should be for people who have maintained an active sub since launch. Otherwise your just alienating a decent chunk of the player base that has helped keep this game alive during the past few months.

Instead of complaining on the forums you guys should call customer service and file a "Direct" Complaint, not only are the people at customer service reasonable, but they also value your business. They can decide directly to give you the free play time if they feel you qualify. When I first signed up for the game I couldn't log on so Customer service gave me a free week of play time, to make up for it, trust me Bioware and EA value your business except you might be to lazy to call... Be proactive and do something other then complain. :) Be patient and Good Luck

Customer Service

USA: 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867)

Edited by Ensquire

Epic fail is playing a MMO during 4 months and not get any lvl50 character.

why?

don't get me wrong, I have 2 lvl 50 myself (probably had more if I hadn't switched servers, I left a few mid-level chars behind after all) but people don't .have. to play an MMO all the time, or... I don't know... you can play a game and not lvl at all. I log on one of my alts daily and she's been in her 20s for weeks now because all I do is crafting and sitting on the fleet chatting with people.

that being said I'm a) sick and tired of people saying everyone who has a lvl 50 char has no life (seriously, I have 13 days /played on my main, for 4 months, now count how much playtime that is each day)

and b) I actually do agree that they should have given the free month to everyone who's been with the game from the start and kept an active subscription.

Better question, or even better idea than only giving players who got to level 50 the free month, Why not just do it by XP. Lvl 50 takes (x) amount of xp, so if an account with multiple characters, but no level 50's has enough combined exp to have gotten at least one toon to 50 then they should get the free month as well. It works as a baseline without going into time played or any of that crap.

Epic fail is playing a MMO during 4 months and not get any lvl50 character.

No it is not. Just because some (even many) folks like to get to level-cap doesn't mean that those who like to level alts. simultaneously are "fail". It's simply a different method of playing.

Bioware: I am deeply disappointed in this move. I've been here since 27 December, playing and enjoying the game. I have to say that this reward JUST for level 50s and not for those who decided to not make getting to level cap (e.g. enjoying the journey and class stories simultaneously) is not a good move.