Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

So hats off to BW for being such a good sport and taking everything in stride. ( I do not have a lvl 50 nor do I even pvp)

Ditto. I feel sorry for BW. They're trying to do good (for whatever motivations) and you just can't keep everyone happy. Obviously if they gave everyone a free month, there'd be cries of "the game's dying!"

It'd be nice if people just accepted the token gesture, instead of saying "what about me!!".

(I don't have a lvl 50)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 4 50s, do I get 120 days of free game time?

Seriously, though, even though I have actually leveled 5 toons to 50, I do think it would be much more fair if all those who qualified for the "Founder" title and otherwise meet the requirements got the free 30 days. My guild has several people who work insane hours, and due to playing on several toons to find the one they enjoy for raiding, don't have a 50, yet. Even though they pre-ordered and have had an active account since Dec 13. They deserve the free month just as much as I do.

Edited by Becvar

I'm upset that I'm not going to be able to receive my free month. I've been a subscriber since early access, but because of school and work, don't have the time to play all that often. I have a level 43 and 47 on different servers, and it kinda angers me that I wouldn't be able to get my free playtime even though I've been here since day one.

But, I guess looking through each case would be difficult, and I'm not going to sit here and whine about how I've been "robbed" of 14.99.

Thanks for the great game and Tauntaun pet!

That... is actually pretty generous. I appreciate it, thank you.

Though this is true, it would be a very unusual position for someone to be in. Do you know someone like this?

I have a level 40/32/26 and 11, guess I should have ground out to level 50 then *****ed about having nothing to do for three months.

To be honest I think the only reason they have done this is to make sure no lv 50 Pvp cancel their sub untill ranked warzones are launched

I imagine that if it was - say, 2,000 hours, for example - then there'd be a lot of sad, unhappy folk with only 1,980 to 1,999 hours logged.

:/ Them's the breaks. Asking customer service as suggested above is a good idea, though.

Dedication is based off of time. In a case like this.

What if said content locust zergged to 50 space baring thru content then just didn't play once he hit 50. Sure he payed his money so did I, but I spent time in the game. Time helping people answering question, evangelizing the game outside the game. etc.

Some one that facerolled to 50 is a more valued customer than I?

***! :mad:

"A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012, at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

You must have at least one level 50 character.

Your account must not be banned."

Whelp, I contacted customer support, and I'm waiting for a reply. This is bull, I do not have a level 50, I have multiple characters. Not to mention the fact that I have been playing since Early Access and bought the Collector's Edition.

This promotion would have made more sense to include all accounts with played time left. I myself only found out about it now. The notice is so short...

They are pissing off potential customers. Imagine loyal players whom like to leave their account unsubbed and re-sub manually every month. And those that have 6-8 lvl 40+ chars but without lvl a 50

:mad:

I would just like to say that I think this is really above and beyond by Bioware. While they did over promise and under deliver on rated warzones, I think it was for the right reasons they pulled it, and they really didnt owe us 50's a free month of service but they gave it to us anyway. Thanks very much Bioware and I will be a continued subscriber for the forseeable future.

Wow. What a huge slap in the face to all the people who don't rush through and actually take the time to fully enjoy the game

My highest (out of 6 characters) is only level 43. I have played very nearly everyday since early access.

How does level even being to translate to dedication?

Same for me.

8 characters, the highest one is in the 40s.

Thanks for nothing Bioware.

At least you could send a thank you to all your customers who paid since start of the game and are being punched in the face now.

Ditto. I feel sorry for BW. They're trying to do good (for whatever motivations) and you just can't keep everyone happy. Obviously if they gave everyone a free month, there'd be cries of "the game's dying!"

It'd be nice if people just accepted the token gesture, instead of saying "what about me!!".

(I don't have a lvl 50)

again, I honestly think this was targeted at 50's because SO MUCH of the end game - PvP especially but PvE too - is broken. Not tested enough.

Same for me.

8 characters, the highest one is in the 40s.

Thanks for nothing Bioware.

At least you could send a thank you to all your customers who paid since start of the game and are being punched in the face now.

Your content wasn't broken. Mine was (@ 50)

Whelp, I contacted customer support, and I'm waiting for a reply. This is bull, I do not have a level 50, I have multiple characters. Not to mention the fact that I have been playing since Early Access and bought the Collector's Edition.

What I find to be comedy gold in this is that Bioware went out of their way to attract a certain demographic (Casuals, Alt-rollers, etc), and then just took a big steamy dump on them.

It's a beautiful sight.

What I find to be comedy gold in this is that Bioware went out of their way to attract a certain demographic (Casuals, Alt-rollers, etc), and then just took a big steamy dump on them.

It's a beautiful sight.

Umm, they did still give everyone a free pet..

So basically, because I chose to play a ton of alts and really experience all the stories slowly.. I miss out on a free 30-days of play, despite having pre-ordered and paying my monthly sub since (which not all 50s subscribed today have)? Not sure why I have to have a 50 to be considered a valued customer. And certainly not thrilled to pay for my sub next month while others get it free to reach level 50, now that I know my money isn't as good because I wanted to take my time.

Wow... This is completely unexpepected and un-EA like.. Their subs must be dropping at an incredible rate. o.o;

Took longer than I expected for someone to claim it was a sky is falling event. You waited till page 2 bravo.

Edited by Kalaesk

LOL...free time and free weekends...here is an idea. Listen to your players. This patch screwed the pvp community that was pvping, nerfed sorcerers to near worthless. Sorry you couldn't pay me to play this game anymore. I waited til patch day, thought no way would they do this to the player base and they did.

Free time and free trials & weekends are not the signs of a successful MMO. This game will be free to play in a year.

Fail game.../unsub...I'm sure I'll not be the first or the last to do so. SWG was a better game than this... you guys cornered the market on boring end game & pvp. I don't need a free month to continue to be bored and really you can take your vanity pet and shove it.

Ahem... Anyone with a complaint about how they've been playing for x number of hours have 20 odd characters and been playing since time began and don't qualify should call this number

Customer Service

USA: 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867)

Edited by Ensquire

So I have 19 characters, have intentionally NOT hit 50 (because I knew soon as I did it was over for me so been dragging everything out)

And because of that I dont get a free month?

Congrats EA, you just made up my mind on resubing when my 6 month sub up!

Okay, I think I'm going to calm down about being excluded from the free month. They can have my $15 ($30 in my case since I have 2 accounts). If I had skipped work to try to get to 50 I might not have a job right now and wouldn't be able to pay for the months after the free one! haha.