Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where? Every edge of the map?

yea. Died a lot but didnt find any hidden caves, npcs, or locations. I was thinking this way becuase of that datacron on ilum where you run into the exaustion zone and theres a little nook. I didnt find anything like this on hoth.

Outside the box question...Just for curiosity sake, as people have looked around Hoth what are your sound settings? I ask because maybe we can hear the crying taunlet when we are close. I have poor hearing so my music settings etc are quite low so I can hear the important stuff. I heard my Orobird pecking at its shell to get out while in the solar panels and I can hear the PAX East Taun Faun cry at me occasionally when I summon him. Could it be that proximity would trigger sounds much like when we travel around and suddenly hear NPC's talking? Just a thought as I considered a lost motherless baby theory.

Also, I'm Biochem 400 but I haven't found a schematic yet...to clarify for me, once you have the jerky is it used by your Toon just by right-clicking? Or are you trying to hand it off to Tauntaun's like when we give our Companions a gift? ie: are people with jerky attempting to feed tauntauns or eat the jerky themselves? Maybe that tiny tauntaun on Ilum would grow if we could figure out how to feed it. ;)

It's been brought about but no one has provided coordinates or a location for it.

Yea, I have looked all over for the like 4 different types of wranglers (imperial) and havn't found one of them yet. :-( These sites all say they are there though... but WHERE!? *starting to go mad*

Has anyone tried eating more then one jerky?

I ask because im curious if the buff stacks when you eat more then one making it more potent....like making you even more irresistably smelly to the tauntaun....

((remember the wow acheivement to eat 20 cupcakes))

Edited by shimmer

Another thought:

There is a Sith quest on Hoth in which you would take a shuttle to a remote location on Hoth to a base (then kill a bunch of people, leave, etc). There are a few shuttles scattered around Hoth; perhaps someone can see if any are clickable?

There is both an Ice Base Tauntaun Wrangler AND an Aurek Base Tauntaun Wrangler,

Inside the Aurek base (repub) there's a "pen" with some tauntauns in there, untargetable. Could it be one of those guys become active when event occures to do so?

Has anyone tried eating more then one jerky?

I ask because im curious if the buff stacks when you eat more then one making it more potent....like making you even more irresistably smelly to the tauntaun....

((remember the wow acheivement to eat 20 cupcakes))

The Republic side on my server only has 2 Jerkies collectively, at the moment, I've very reluctant to consume them aimlessly. Plus, with such a low drop rate, would Bioware intend that people "farm" lots of Livers and Ferns for a single Tauntaun pet? Since this game is aimed at mainly casual players, I foresee that as something being very "unfun" for many players. But, it is still a viable theory.

Another thought:

There is a Sith quest on Hoth in which you would take a shuttle to a remote location on Hoth to a base (then kill a bunch of people, leave, etc). There are a few shuttles scattered around Hoth; perhaps someone can see if any are clickable?

The only one I knew of I checked and it was greyed out. Where are the other ones? This is definitely worth looking into! I don't currently have the coords but i'm assuming for that one particular quest its the only shuttle for THAT.

My current hope is that once we reach the maximum amount of posts for a thread the Devs take mercy on us and give us some sort of hint. I don't want the damn thing handed to me but some sort of hint about which of our many theories is the closest would be nice.

My current hope is that once we reach the maximum amount of posts for a thread the Devs take mercy on us and give us some sort of hint. I don't want the damn thing handed to me but some sort of hint about which of our many theories is the closest would be nice.

lol yea really! I bet they are trying so hard NOT to give us a hint since supposedly we are so close. The best hint they can give is NOT one that leads us to it, but one that allows us to lead to it ourselves. Like for example, I rather them tell us one thing we are doing wrong, rather than one thing we are doing right.

lol yea really! I bet they are trying so hard NOT to give us a hint since supposedly we are so close. The best hint they can give is NOT one that leads us to it, but one that allows us to lead to it ourselves. Like for example, I rather them tell us one thing we are doing wrong, rather than one thing we are doing right.

My main concern would be whether or not we have to consume said jerky especially since its been a pain to get.

The only one I knew of I checked and it was greyed out. Where are the other ones? This is definitely worth looking into! I don't currently have the coords but i'm assuming for that one particular quest its the only shuttle for THAT.

I spawned at a Medcenter and there was a little shuttle which sparked that idea. It was a medcenter up in northern Republic territory