Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?

MrLeee

You could always get a much easier orange belt/wrists by obtaining social I ( about lvl 12) and grabbing 60 space comms.

Space missions vendor sold them before 1.2 although I haven't played since the patch seeing as the servers have basically been down for 2 days solid.

Never understood why peeps paid 200k+ on GTN for something they could get in an hour for free.

Those are light armour (as far as i know) and marauders/sentinels can use medium armour.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are whining about the quality of something they got for free? Really?

Well in reality you do not get it for free actually you pay a subscription to play so yeah we will complain about how useless something is

No, you use one and it's gone. Say you send one to your Sith Warrior and use it. But now your Agent needs one, you now have to get another character past Act 1 so you get another kit to send to your Agent.

Not entirely correct, or there's a serious bug. I have to level 50's who have both completed all the class missions. I also have two other characters who have completed chapter 1. I've received a grand total of a single kit. Chatting with other people in fleet and the guild and there's a lot of this going around -- 1 kit regardless of the number of toons past chapter 1.

First thread I found when wondering why, once I'd picked up my inheritance blaster that it didn't auto level with me - seriously? I'd want to save up for these for toons for what? :|

Please tell us it's a known bug and they should level with you..? Pretty please? I think more of you than this...

TBH I'd expect to them to be 10-25% lower in spec than the best modded Orange for my class at any given level.

If they are genuinely static items, I must concur with others, I really don't see the point of them, at all!

First thread I found when wondering why, once I'd picked up my inheritance blaster that it didn't auto level with me - seriously? I'd want to save up for these for toons for what? :|

Please tell us it's a known bug and they should level with you..? Pretty please? I think more of you than this...

TBH I'd expect to them to be 10-25% lower in spec than the best modded Orange for my class at any given level.

If they are genuinely static items, I must concur with others, I really don't see the point of them, at all!

Despite all the whining here and understanding the lust for orange gear for our alts, I personally don't have the slightest distaste for the current implementation of this. It's a nice sniper rifle (in my case) that my imperial alt bought from the kit my trooper sent him. It's better than anything I can stuff in my orange sniper rifle atm and will be for a few levels. It does great damage and has a nice stat boost. I'll miss it when it's gone (looks nice), but I'll enjoy it now. What's useless or garbage (as a couple of other posters have called it) about that? You'd be buying another weapon or mods for your existing one anyway, now you just don't have to for a few levels.

Would it be nice to have it moddable? Sure, but I'm not going to rage about it like a few folks in game and on the forums have.

Edited by Keta

People are whining about the quality of something they got for free? Really?

C'mon seriously... people are saying Bioware could have done a lot better... like Legacy weapons in Lotro or WoW... that's all... stop acting like this company is flawless. It's an idea that could have waited til next patch and been done much better. As it stands, it is just a blue drop that runs its course in two or three levels.

If Bioware gives us nothing, Lots of people complain..

If Bioware gives us a simple gift of appreciation, More and More people complains.

Can we just be happy that atleast we receive something.:)

In absence of complaints Bioware assumes everything is perfect and we all suffer for it.

They at least have the system in place now so as long as we continue to voice our complaints maybe we will see something more interesting out of the inheritance system down the road. I just hope it's before I get all my character slots to 50.

Edited by Skylerr

I'm not sure I understand the thinking. These inherited weapons can't be inherited by any other archetype then the one that first uses them?

How does that make them useful to trade between legacy alts?

Makes them usefull to trade between companions maybe, but I'm not rolling two of the same advanced class just to benefit from this equipment.

Edited by FrostPaw

Heirloom items leveling with the character in WoW literally killed a huge chunk of the crafting community overnight. Think on that a minute.

The crafting community died out halfway into BC, long befor heirlooms, when they made pve less dependent on consumables, gems and potions still made a vary large profit.

Heirlooms really only effected the twinking market, and most of that gear was rare drops not crafted.

I'm not sure I understand the thinking. These inherited weapons can't be inherited by any other archetype then the one that first uses them?

How does that make them useful to trade between legacy alts?

Makes them usefull to trade between companions maybe, but I'm not rolling two of the same advanced class just to benefit from this equipment.

The inherited kit can be used by any of your alts to get a weapon for them. As you finish chapter 1 that character will get another kit which can be passed to another alt and used to by a weapon for that new alt. As for the weapons themselves... yes they're class specific.

Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.

Ahh.. Great..

The ingame mail had DIRECT instructions - «go to the your main Planet, find Legacy Vendor and trade this kit for an item».. So i have done as instructed and fetch a lvl14 saber for my 50lvl char.. Was puzzled what this all legacy itemization is about..

Now i see.. You BioWare guys are living in your separate world.. Looks like you are expecting that every player is aknowledged about all your ideas that you discuss in your private meetings..

But enough of it.. The BoL items are totally useless..

And Im looking forward to laugh at those fools who will spend 200-250 Dailies for this crappy Legacy Kits and in a month or less this all items will be given for free or for 1-5K credits..

Edited by Missandei

I must say this is one of the most worthless idea's they have ever had. Most classes already have a orange(modable) mainhand weapon at that level. And since this weap cant be modded its only going to be used for a couple of levels then thrown away....

Wonder what brilliant mind came up with this idea...

the only reason it sucks soo much is the fact the gear is only leveled one or two levels above ur character so you'll have a useless "rare" item before u even finish an entire planet and have to buy new gear thats just plain stupid and it's easier to just get good armor from your high level charaters and send it to you low level toons which you can do for FREE

What kills me is that the other construction kits cost 200 daily commendations for a piece of gear that you won't use for but a few levels. Why on earth would i spend days to get 200 daily commendations to buy a single piece of gear to send to my alt when its so much faster and easier to send him a moded out orange piece or the modes to trick out his current orange pieces. It makes no sense they need to dramatically reduce the price on the construction kits and even then its a marginal system at best.

the legacy gear is crap, it doesnt even look unique, if the orange gear was different looking atleast it would be worth it. The other fact is that all the legacy skills are just a money sink, I have legacy level 28 but im not going to spend money on any of that junk. legacy is a real let down.

So I mean, what is the point to this rubbish? It requires special drops to purchase, and it doesn't level with your toon. The orange legacy stuff can be modded, and it looks better in most cases and I can use the planetary comms to upgrade it as I level. BioWare, what were you cats smoking? You really missed the mark on this one... You were aiming for Los Angles and hit Toledo instead.

I ain't canceling, love the game to much, but this is just lame...