Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?

MrLeee

Your post does not address the issue: the item is useless. Why were so many resources spent on this Bind on Legacy stuff, only to get a level 14 Lightsaber, non moddable, basically a high powered green item.......

I completely agree. These items are trash that get replaced in no time. If they put effort in implementing something so useless, there is definitely lack of vision here. I expect that they re-design it so that items level with you. Otherwise they have no sense nor meaning at all. No reason to exist.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree only worth while items are the mod-able class restricted custom gear, and tbh, it looks like ***, any weapon i get, i won't use cause i generally only roll force users and then take artifice so my weapon is always up to the best it can be, and to be blunt i didn't make squat up in my head, when i heard legacy items, i took them to work the same way as the WoW heirlooms, and i'm sure a lot of other ppl did, so before you start bashing others, maybe see where we are coming from in the fact that these so called "powerful legacy items" ain't so powerful at all. total waste of time if you have a profession that lets u make mods for your custom weapon you get for your class at lvl 10 and beyond. hence why i say, useless waste of time, and not worth getting in the slightest.

I think you guys are missing the point. The lvl 14 item was a taste of what you will be able to do with Legacy Items. In the patch notes it said legacy items would crop in ops. Designaded witha shield in the corner of the item Icon. Since it is a legacy item and isnt bound to the person on pick up it will be able to be mailed to your alts. This is a good thing

I have to agree its too limited and gets replaced too soon if it cant be sent to alts after the first trade its pretty much uselless.

This still needs a lot of work to be trully a legacy perk.

I agree. I'm not sure why they wasted, who knows how much time, developing this particular part of the system so our alts can experience a cool item for 1 level. Maybe they're just getting the groundwork layed out first before implementing a true "heirloom" item *shrug*

it never ends >.>

One : Nothing in this game is truly "free"

Two: If you are doing something similar to other mmos , do it equal or do it better, preference for the later, do it worse people will notice kinda of fast.

Three: There some cool stuff in 1.2 but this isnt one them and a lot is not working atm so yes people have everyrigth to complain about it.

Level 24? Care to explain this:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8303/legacylol.jpg

It's a lvl 14 items that's as good as a lvl 15 epic (or a lvl 17 blue) nowhere near a lvl 24.

You are comparing 2 totally seperate pieces of gear. Aim to cunning is not a fair comparison. And no the level 14 piece and the level 24 are not equal but they are close and you can use the one at 14. Thats 10 levels earlier for the mathmatically challenged.

FYI there are two classes of Legacy items at this point

Inherited - 14-16

Birthright - 29-33 (i got one of these from a crafting mission)

You can buy Exalted and Renowned orange items to mod out your self.

Gear is better then what I was able to obtain on my own from my 36 Guardian.

I beleive the goal is to accumulate a set of gear before you roll and alt and then you can send it all to him and Power level him with this gear.

pretty cool system imo.

It took WoW how many years to implement Heirloom Items? It took Bioware how many months to add Legacy items? Relax people.

this guy is right. just wait and see what happens i look at it as a work in progress. this is still a relatively new game and they are still workin on the things that make it unique. Give them time.

The only thing I am disappointed in is the multiple options you have at the vendor, it only gives you the weapon one. I have two fifties, but I can only use 1 item on my new characters. The wording on the item makes it seem that it will progress with your character, so maybe that will be a new feature later? Personally I think they should have made it so you could pick any item with it, instead of just the main hand weapon.

FYI there are two classes of Legacy items at this point

Inherited - 14-16

Birthright - 29-33 (i got one of these from a crafting mission)

You can buy Exalted and Renowned orange items to mod out your self.

Gear is better then what I was able to obtain on my own from my 36 Guardian.

I beleive the goal is to accumulate a set of gear before you roll and alt and then you can send it all to him and Power level him with this gear.

pretty cool system imo.

Eh, kinda cool, but I'm worried about getting overwhelmed with having too many items. How many sets of items are we talking about here? And without experience bonuses you can't power level in this game.

You are comparing 2 totally seperate pieces of gear. Aim to cunning is not a fair comparison. And no the level 14 piece and the level 24 are not equal but they are close and you can use the one at 14. Thats 10 levels earlier for the mathmatically challenged.

You're absolutely right, one item has cunning, the other has aim, I'm glad you've noticed. What you must have missed is that that doesn't matter at all. The point still stands. Sure one is a smuggler item and one a BH, but the stats are nearly the same. On the PTS the items on the GTN were a bit limited so I took the first best there was with the same rating.

I'm not even going into the lvl24 thing, if you too think that the two items are THAT close, I'd rethink who's mathematically challenged.

I hope by now you see your mistake and the next person tries to proof me wrong and fails :)

Edited by Wandur

Amazing. They introduce a new system to the game and people start whining about the first piece of the system being "useless", almost as if the game just became a piece of garbage.

When I sub'ed, I opted for six months. At the moment I'm unhappy with the game because there are serious issues like totally dead planets. With legacy they are trying to adress that and implement some fun. Legacy stuff is hardly crap, and perhaps not the WOOHOO some poeple expected - yet - but like the game itself, judging it this early is too early. At least for me. I honestly expected the game to be way more crappy, especially the end game content, for a long time. Sure, they can't afford that really, but there's so much to do in the game at this early point I'm amazed, and they're really aiming high with some of the new systems like legacy.

You can't have everything now, über gear for free this early? Get real! I honestly almost wet myself when we got the sprint power at level 1 already and that's almost enough for me to roll two more alts. My main problem is that I don't have time to play anymore, like I used to. I'm no longer "hard core" (and I'm pretty grateful for that actually).

..and sure, the mail you got with the piece wasn't a masterpiece of clarity, but I had no problem understanding it. If you didn't, apparently the **** you get is so crappy you didn't miss anything. If you got everything right and think it's crappy, oh well - I get tons of crappy stuff on any mission. Some I keep because they're fun.

Servers being down today past midnight however... THAT is something to whine and moan about folks. Not to mention the 11 april ooops-we-poopoo'd patch mishap.

NEW CONCEPT PEOPLE FROM A COMPANY NEW TO THE GENRE GIVE THEM A BREAK! i have faith that BioWare will not let us down and are workin on improving this new system. quite complaining in till they say they are completely done with this system if you still dont like some of the stuff then complain. or just stop playing your choice.

Could we choose which item we get at 50? I have two toons at 50 and they both received main hand weapon kits. So one is useless for my lower level alt. Can't you let us pick what inheritance kit we recieve?

These legacy items are just freebies you can pick up while you play. When you are going to play a new character that character will have an edge on certain levels equipmentwise. If you do not choose to create a new character, well, you won´t miss out on anything since it is free.

I have found out that undertaking crew missions sometimes yields legacy item tokens when you crit, I got about five pieces of armour this way. I suppose legacy items can drop as pve loot as well, judging from a BW vid I saw.

It´s true that putting a level on these token items constricts their usefulness, they cannot be customized. I think this is a bit of a pity, I´d have loved it if the orange gear, which now can only be purchased with (a lot of) credits (provided you have the required legacy level), could also have been acquired with these tokens.

Cheers!

I personally am disappointed with the lack of "levelling" of these legacy items. As per the earlier statement of how we shouldn't complain about "free" items, that's complete rubbish. Firstly, i pay a premium to play this game and expect some coherence, rather than a useless item that now occupies a slot in my inventory, gathering dust. (partly because i think the backlash received might jolt the devs to make the item better).

I feel a little seen off by the fact that i lost a LOT of commendations during the 1.2 implement. Basically due to the entry level PvP armor sets you can just buy from vendors now, it means my constant commendation grinds have been for naught. This legacy item i foolishly thought would be adequate compensation for time wasted, however that just led to more wasted time as i slogged to Kaas for a crappy lightsaber.

I understand that the programming required to create scaleable items would be quite demanding, but really, the amount of money that is being poured into this game by loyal subscribers like myself should cover the bill.

I sound like i'm just whinging for the sake of it, and this couldn't be further from the truth. I LOVE the legacy system, and the impetus on gaining companions favour to unlock better skills. It's sheer genius.

But Please devs, listen to the comments left...there's quite a few PvP'ers like myself who have lost commendations for a crappy level 14 item.

Could we choose which item we get at 50? I have two toons at 50 and they both received main hand weapon kits. So one is useless for my lower level alt. Can't you let us pick what inheritance kit we recieve?
I believe that when you mail the kit to another character and that new character "unlocks" or "constructs" it or "redeems" it with his class-appropriate vendor, the item will fit with his class. I don't know if it class-binds to your character if he retrieves it from the mail and then sends it.

To be safe, when you receive the mail with the cube in it, just mail it to your new character.

Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.

I get the notion, the problem I personally have is that you're paying for something that is going to be replaced probably by the end of the next progression planet (if you do the H2's, H4's, the class quest reward, or the bonus series reward you will be rewarded with most likely a moddable piece of gear you can keep for much longer - but may not like the appearance).

The idea about the Legacy system, to some degree, was to allow us to give benefits, and customization to our alts. Well, it's sort of a shell if a lot of the look we like just goes in the "grey to be sold as vender trash" pile within a planet of content.

The benefit seems very small: Ok you leveled to 50, now your next toon gets a lightsaber to use from levels 14-18.

Seems, counter intuitive to one of the goals, IMO.

Edited by Scar