Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?

MrLeee

I have to say that I was confused by this too - expecting same mechanic as heirloom items in WOW - which frankly is what I think many folks have been assuming. Per other comments I got a level 14 blaster which really is not that great - so I guess the point is that reaction was overall "meh" with how they work, I did expect an item which would level up with character simply because that is how it worked elsewhere and there was not a very clear explanation of design intent.

Still having fun though - just more sizzle than steak on this one

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.

Your post does not address the issue: the item is useless. Why were so many resources spent on this Bind on Legacy stuff, only to get a level 14 Lightsaber, non moddable, basically a high powered green item.......

Your post does not address the issue: the item is useless. Why were so many resources spent on this Bind on Legacy stuff, only to get a level 14 Lightsaber, non moddable, basically a high powered green item.......

Agreed. Just picked up one piece of Inheritance gear (chespiece) to see what it's like. Basically I spent 8 days worth of daily commendations for a piece of gear I'll replace in 2 hours.

Not sure why you bothered to make this sort of gear. Absolutely worthless.

I was just confused by the fact that I didn't get any in-game mail at all.

I just had the construction kit and no way to use it since I hadn't figured out there were vendors on Coruscant.

I did assume that since it was a "bind to legacy" item it could be mailed to my other characters, and I did that and mailed it to the alt I'm currently leveling and went to Coruscant (after searching the web for info and finding that that is where the vendors are)... and got a lvl 14 item that will come in handy if I ever create a new character that uses this exact weapon type, I guess, it being "bind to legacy" too rather than bound to any one character.

It's always nice to get something for free, but the inheritance items in general on those vendors are garbage and have been since I first heard about them and looked up what Dulfy posted about them. It's the same, ugly-to-the-bone armor models that have existed previously in new and slightly different colors and with exorbitant prices - 100k for an ugly moddable piece of armor, Bioware, really? - but at the end of the day the one benefit of those armor sets is that you can get moddables for the slots that some classes had no moddables for (belts/bracers). The rest is pretty much so much trash, and much of it I wouldn't put on my character(s) on a bet. :)

It's still pretty worthless. It's basically a blue quality item. No upgrade slots or anything. Unless it levels up with the toon, you will put it aside after only a couple levels. Sad.

It does level from what I was told. I would have tried it out myself, but alas, another patch.

It does level from what I was told. I would have tried it out myself, but alas, another patch.

No it does not. My lvl14 lightsaber has the exact same stats at 18 as it had at 14. It's as good as a lvl15 epic, so it's useful for a short while. But as mentioned, it's very disappointing.

Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.

That makes little sense when A: the ingame mail didnt contain any text (well of the one that worked the other characters cant even detect what the mail contains) and B: There are 4 traders so how would we get one for that class when we just go to the correct classes trader ?

The items are meant to be a boost in stats and dps at a really low level from where they should be.

The level 14 items have damage range that most custom level 24 items have, same with stat amount. They do not level with you but provide a major boost at the level of equip. Please understand a feature, how it works and it's intended use before complaining it was not what you made up in your head.

An example is this level 14 BoL saber http://www.torhead.com/item/2SmKUar/inquisitors-inheritance-lightsaber

And this level 24 custom saber with blue mods. http://www.torhead.com/item/7Zi0PPe/fatewalkers-lightsaber

While not exactly the same they are close and this is essentially a level 24 item to equip at 14. I don't know how many other ways I can explain this is a good thing.

no it doesn't appear they do, nor do they work for any character but that class, so if u have a sith warrior, and get one of those items, its only usable by a sith warrior, and no one else, nor does it have any slots or customization available, so as it stands, legacy items are totally and utterly useless

Send the kit to another class, and buy the item you want for that class. If you spend it to buy an item, you better spend it on the right class. This was said in the mail which gave you the kit. Nice that you read it.

If I have a Republic Character that received this, how do I mail it to an Imperial alt? There's no cross faction mail right?

You can mail whatever you want to any character in your legacy regardless of faction.

Guys, its not meant as a reward, its just introducing the idea of interlegacy trade. I actually liked it cause it let me try it out instead of just reading it as a tooltip.

That doesn't justify 250 daily commendations (what the ones that aren't free cost) per legacy item that is replaced in 3 levels.

So let me get this right, I send all of my weapon CREATION kits (which create nothing) to my new toon and it gets to buy the same thing over and over? waaah? Why send me a main hand weapon creation kit for every toon when I really only need one...*pinches nose area between eyes........SIGH*

So let me get this right, I send all of my weapon CREATION kits (which create nothing) to my new toon and it gets to buy the same thing over and over? waaah? Why send me a main hand weapon creation kit for every toon when I really only need one...*pinches nose area between eyes........SIGH*

No, you use one and it's gone. Say you send one to your Sith Warrior and use it. But now your Agent needs one, you now have to get another character past Act 1 so you get another kit to send to your Agent.

The items are meant to be a boost in stats and dps at a really low level from where they should be.

The level 14 items have damage range that most custom level 24 items have, same with stat amount. They do not level with you but provide a major boost at the level of equip. Please understand a feature, how it works and it's intended use before complaining it was not what you made up in your head.

An example is this level 14 BoL saber http://www.torhead.com/item/2SmKUar/inquisitors-inheritance-lightsaber

And this level 24 custom saber with blue mods. http://www.torhead.com/item/7Zi0PPe/fatewalkers-lightsaber

While not exactly the same they are close and this is essentially a level 24 item to equip at 14. I don't know how many other ways I can explain this is a good thing.

Level 24? Care to explain this:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8303/legacylol.jpg

It's a lvl 14 items that's as good as a lvl 15 epic (or a lvl 17 blue) nowhere near a lvl 24.

nice to know this now..i redeemed with my bounty hunter main,and got a bounty hunter weapon that i will never use..this info could have come a bit sooner:confused:

Send the kit to another class, and buy the item you want for that class. If you spend it to buy an item, you better spend it on the right class. This was said in the mail which gave you the kit. Nice that you read it.

I couldn't. It wouldn't let me.

I was more or less forced to trade it for an item I'll never use as I won't ever want to re-roll another toon to try out the alternate advanced class that I didn't choose to begin with.

Edited by UberJacques

The two links, one to a BoL item and the other to a level 24 custom item was not explanation enough? I don't know how I could have made it any more easy for you.

So you're saying a lvl 14 item with 27end 21will and a dmg rating of 50 is as good as a lvl 24 item with 17power 23end 27will and a dmg rating of 62?

Do you even realize how much better that lvl 24 item is? :rolleyes:

If you would have looked at my link you would have seen that the purple I linked has the same damage rating and more or less the same amount of other stats.

I couldn't. It wouldn't let me.

I was more or less forced to trade it for an item I'll never use as I won't ever want to re-roll another toon to try out the alternate advanced class that I didn't choose to begin with.

So you jumped the gun. If you hadn't logged in the character you wanted to mail it to yet you wouldn't be able to send the item, if it were a cross faction issue. You have to log in each character in your Legacy to get them into your Legacy tree before you can mail legacy items to one another. I sent items to and from each of my characters in my Legacy last night without issue once I had logged them in.

So you jumped the gun. If you hadn't logged in the character you wanted to mail it to yet you wouldn't be able to send the item, if it were a cross faction issue. You have to log in each character in your Legacy to get them into your Legacy tree before you can mail legacy items to one another. I sent items to and from each of my characters in my Legacy last night without issue once I had logged them in.

I was just about to post that.

People are just content sponges. The first thing I did was create my legacy, redo my talents, and then my UI. I didn't immediately start trying to mail things and run to buy stuff as soon as I loaded in.