Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?

MrLeee

and for all those who say Bioware is new to the MMO scene, your WRONG, they have Warhammer online, which, was a great game till they started nerfing left right and centre and bringing out crap content... seems they still haven't learnt there lesson.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and for all those who say Bioware is new to the MMO scene, your WRONG, they have Warhammer online, which, was a great game till they started nerfing left right and centre and bringing out crap content... seems they still haven't learnt there lesson.

Mythic did Warhammer Online, not Bioware.

funny, all them BIOWARE posters on the site i'm looking at right now must be my imagination, might have wanted to check before u called me on it

Mythic did Warhammer in the first place. Bioware purchased the studio after Warhammer had launched.

still doesn't change the fact that they are still working on WAR and that bioware has some experience with MMOs, that the crap the first pulled with the release of this game should have been some indication of how things where going to progress, things are going the same way as Age of Conan, more focused on content than fixing bugs and the content they have released is crap anyway

People are whining about the quality of something they got for free? Really?

When they kinda advertised this as a "big" feature and one of the cooler aspects attained from the legacy system, ya, not whining. Merely stating the obvious fact. All I gotta say is. SO LONG SWTOR! It was fun while it lasted but you guys really screwed the pooch.

And to all of you who are gonna "defend" Bioware. I'll see ya in another game once you open you eyes. Desperate campaign to attract new and old players...you know your game is in trouble when it happens so early, so fast. 38% of subs lost within the past two months. That should tell all you fanboi's something. Way to fail Bioware.

Oh, and I went to those "suggestion" forums you mentioned. Out of every post I looked at not one, single, Developer reply. Thanks for caring!

Mythic did Warhammer Online, not Bioware.

Mythic originally did Warhammer Online. Bioware bought them out months ago to cut their teeth on an already established and running mmo. Not too mention, I bet they used some of those servers for SWTOR. Keep with times newbcake.

I don't understand the purpose of inheritance items if they do not level with you.

Why would I want to use inheritance items for my alts, when I can just buy blue or even purple items for them? In fact, buying blue/purple items may be cheaper because I heard that some inheritance items require crazy amounts of commendations like 200. So it's like, inheritance items do not serve any purpose.

Let me propose a better use of inheritance items.

Give inheritance it's own separate inheritance level.

Let's say I am a level 50 guardian, and I create a lightsaber inheritance item for myself. The inheritance item will scale to my level (50), but it has it's own inheritance level of 1. That means it is equivalent to a level 50 green item.

You increase the inheritance level by wielding it more (combat xp). So space missions do not level it, but things involving killing people like PvE and PvP will.

Then, once I have leveled it to say level 2 after a very long time, it becomes equivalent to a level 50 blue item. You now get to personalize it by creating a custom name! I can call it "Conrad's Lightsaber". It is bind to legacy, so I create a new Jedi consular alt, and mail Conrad's Lightsaber to it.

Now, lets make inheritance items more useful by morphing it to suit my Jedi Consular, meaning Conrad's Lightsaber will have willpower instead. So the lightsaber will scale to my alt's level, but it will be equivalent to a blue item. So at level 1, Conrad's lightsaber will be equivalent to a level 1 blue lightsaber, in terms of stats.

Then eventually, Conrad's lightsaber will level up to 3, and it will be equivalent to a purple artifact! This is the highest inheritance level, and when my Jedi Consular alt reaches 50, he will have a lightsaber that is as strong as any other level 50 purple lightsaber.

Then if I want to create a new Jedi alt for some reason, and mail Conrad's Lightsaber to it, that level 1 will indeed have a lightsaber that is equivalent to a level 1 purple lightsaber. I do not consider it imbalanced, because you can already buy purple artifacts already anyway.

This way, inheritance items will really be that, items that you inherit from Grandfather Conrad. They are treasured heirlooms that almost have a life of their own, passed on from generation to generation, that should rightfully be more powerful than normal weapons.

Mythic originally did Warhammer Online. Bioware bought them out months ago to cut their teeth on an already established and running mmo. Not too mention, I bet they used some of those servers for SWTOR. Keep with times newbcake.

Yup, EA bought out Mythic before Warhammer Online was even launched and the became Mythic EA (like Bioware is Bioware EA).

Then EA decided to merge Mythic EA and Bioware EA into Bioware-Mythic EA, which the company was for a year or so.

Then EA just decided to get rid of the Mythic bit altogether and Bioware-Mythic EA just became Bioware EA.

So "Bioware EA" has been running Warhammer Online for about 20 months before SWTOR went Live, and a bit before that as "Bioware-Mythic EA".

So a complex situation, but basically Bioware ran Warhammer Online for about 20 months before SWTOR went Live (they've been running WAR for over 2 years in total now).

Well this turned out to be quite disappointing. I guess it helps, but it really gimps the idea of having a toon in all inheritance gear(ie. being rewarded for having multiple toons having finished Chapter 1) because the next toon in line doesn't receive those benefits.

Perhaps it's too hard to provide a leveling system for the items on short notice, but an easy fix would be to make the items refundable? Then make all pieces worth 1 kit(no specific kits). So when one toon was done with his item, he could refund it and send the kit to the next toon, who would then have 2 kits by level 30, then the next toon would have 3 kits at lvl 30 etc.

This way the player would actually feel rewarded for playing each consecutive toon(minus the legacy perks) :D And by the last toon he could be near fully kitted out.

Shrugs, either way, as it stands now, it just feels like my toon needs to run 1 less dungeon at 30 then normal since he has a guaranteed weapon.

EDIT: My mistake, it seems I failed to notice that the free gifted inheritance kit only applies to the level 15 items. That's even worse lol

Edited by moomooo

Basically its a 6 level higher weapon at 33.

http://www.torhead.com/item/bXB3djy/knights-birthright-lightsaber

vs.

http://www.torhead.com/item/vyWhRO/asharas-prototype-handcrafted-lightsaber

Or like someone pointed out a free epic at lvl 14. It's too boost your stats and make you powerful for a few levels. Item is as advertised. The amount of commendations needs to be reduced from the dailies though. Pretty ridiculous how much you would have to grind to get that much coms to get 1 item.

Basically its a 6 level higher weapon at 33.

http://www.torhead.com/item/bXB3djy/knights-birthright-lightsaber

vs.

http://www.torhead.com/item/vyWhRO/asharas-prototype-handcrafted-lightsaber

Or like someone pointed out a free epic at lvl 14. It's too boost your stats and make you powerful for a few levels. Item is as advertised. The amount of commendations needs to be reduced from the dailies though. Pretty ridiculous how much you would have to grind to get that much coms to get 1 item.

The legacy items being "as advertized" doesn't make them any less lame.

First: We SHOULD be comparing swtor NOW to WoW NOW (if we are comparing them at all feature wise)

Just like a new website should have the same features better then its existing competitors.

A new car should be compared with other new cars even if the manufacturer is newer.

Second: Bioware JUST released this. They have set a precedent of being late and unfinished. So we CAN expect this to get better. The game is good, their terrible updates (not releasing 1.2 features -ranked / cross pvp - with 1.2, being late, ect.) are making it less good.

Bioware needs to fire the highest up manager of operations and communications and start releasing expected updates on time. People will stop quitting and complaining if they talk to us, and release what they say they will.

People will stop quitting and complaining if ...

it doesn't matter what you put after if, this isn't true.

While it would be good if they could patch what they said the first time, I think they've done a great job at getting information out as soon as it's solid intel. Maybe bad news isn't something people like to read, but it comes out quick.

There amount of infrastructure work to get cross realm pvp has to be huge though as you have to have a character/account linked to multiple servers at once times the number of players pvping. I'm confident they'll get it done, but it would be awesome if they did it faster than another few months.

So you are mad at Bioware for not implementing the feature you made up in your head?

No. They are upset because World of Warcraft allows you to purchase TRUE legacy items, that start at level 1 and go to 80 on any character. When you get to 80, you can mail it to a brand new alt who is level 1 and use it again. Pretty much what the word legacy means. Blizzard made it up in THEIR heads and it is very useful and popular.

No. They are upset because World of Warcraft allows you to purchase TRUE legacy items, that start at level 1 and go to 80 on any character. When you get to 80, you can mail it to a brand new alt who is level 1 and use it again. Pretty much what the word legacy means. Blizzard made it up in THEIR heads and it is very useful and popular.

I am all for being original but some things just work and need to be copied. The concept behind legacy items is awesome but another poor implementation. Do people really grind to get these items?

I am all for being original but some things just work and need to be copied. The concept behind legacy items is awesome but another poor implementation. Do people really grind to get these items?

They are trying to reinvent the wheel. Guess what we still use after millions of years.

Honestly they should just make it level with you. There's absolutely no point in getting them if they don't. Yes Blizz came up with the idea but Blizz took ideas from Everquest since it was one of the first MMOs. In the industry they all borrow ideas, copy them, or whatever. WoW's heirloom items made you want to make alts, yes the gear wasn't good at endgame but it wasn't suppose to be.

They want us to create alts to use this broken feature? You will only use the item for maybe 1-2 levels, if that's the case I'd rather use an orange item. If the inheritance items were all moddable it would make sense. I assume they think if they make it level up with you then people won't buy the gear other players put in the GTN. As for the server I play on 80% of the items are over priced. Since they changed how people were able to get augments now everyone only wants gear with aug slots in them. Before the patch people would only buy purple and orange gear since they would last longer than green and blue.

Hopefully they fix this or change it, this was the BIG selling point for the patch to try and get people back that quit. I think it was poorly implemented just like the RNG system for the rakghoul world event companion mods.

yeah really appears Bioware missed the mark with these legacy items, when i heard about it myself i was like, cool heirlooms for my char that lvl as i do... but no, i feel so totally let down with this patch

Yeah, you know you get them for free instead of buying them for ingame creds or commendations, right ? Go support the local economy and buy some orange gear for your alts..... like, getting the legacy whatchamacallit , sell that to a trader and invest the credits.

"My free gift was not gold plated and did not include a Ferrari.... ".... *facepalm*

no, you do not grind. you get them for free on mission criticals. In _addition_ to other results ! How dare they^^

The implementation is absolutely ok, otherwise crafting economy would collapse... except for Biochem, which probably be the "fair-haired child" ten years hence

Edited by achwas